Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he didn't respect Marco, Vista, and the other veteran members? Whitebeard was calling them son even at Marineford. You're also exaggerating the age gap between Oden and WB. They were 7 years apart. He was nowhere near the age to claim to be Oden's father.
Oden was 15 years younger than WB

Rocks had no one in his crew that was leading that era with him or portrayed equally to him. If you want a better use of this comparison, it'd be like if Garp or Roger joined Rocks.
Luffy IS the leader of the era, besides being rivals it is clear who's ahead of it. There's panels in this story hyping Luffy as the leader

Along with Oden never being shown on the level of WB and Roger, Yamato is the next Oden. That really shouldn't be a debate at this point.
Yet Law has Oden's quality and gets his parallel panel

Law and Oden have more in common than Yamato and Oden and I believe Oda knows this and drops small hints. Again I want to make it clear, whether he "officially" joins or not is irrelevant. I believe Law will continue to sail with the Straw Hats just because the story dictates it, and Oda is dropping hints that he will be similar to Oden as he was never considered a full member of the Roger pirates

Oden was 15 years younger than WB
You're right on the age, I accidentally went off the wrong year. Regardless of the exact number, how you can not view it as an age thing? His crew is structured around being a family and Oden is the only one in his generation. He calls him little brother even.
Luffy IS the leader of the era, besides being rivals it is clear who's ahead of it. There's panels in this story hyping Luffy as the leader
I don't understand why you're debating the narrative verbatim said in the story. Law says "Your era ends here." after this whole fight about them taking her throne.
Yet Law has Oden's quality and gets his parallel panel

Law and Oden have more in common than Yamato and Oden and I believe Oda knows this and drops small hints. Again I want to make it clear, whether he "officially" joins or not is irrelevant. I believe Law will continue to sail with the Straw Hats just because the story dictates it, and Oda is dropping hints that he will be similar to Oden as he was never considered a full member of the Roger pirates
I'll just quote a post I did instead of retyping the same points:
Along with her own flashbacks, I feel that Yamato has been getting a lot of connections to Oden's flashback beyond just him joining Roger. The most blatant ones are from the Roger vs Whitebeard chapter.

For there to be these thought bubbles basically telling you to compare these scenes, it's safe to say what the intent was. You can then see more when you look at basically everything with Oden in that chapter. He and Yamato both clashed with their soon-to-be captain, witnessed the sky split in action, considered family by the crew they were leaving, and were left speechless twice by Luffy and Roger respectively. The only thing not done yet is Yamato joining Luffy at the feast when the big fight is over.

It then becomes apparent when you consider how unnecessary some of these connections are. Yamato didn't gain anything from hearing Luffy's true dream. She was going to be excited for him regardless thanks to Ace telling her to look forward to him. There's also this small detail of only Franky meeting both Yamato and Oden. With that blatant tease with Yamato passing Brook, I don't see any other reason Franky had a few lines with her. She simply could've fell down the hole with no notice from him like with Brook and there be 0 impact on the story.

well luffy once said that he wants 10 crew member but i think theres some that will eventually join but noy part of this 10 main crew..
So for me the characters that will be on the main crew is yamato, and pedro thats it. I think pedro is still alive and he probably the one who made zunisha come to wano who knows… and the characters that will come with the straw hats but not part of the main crew is otama, and probably carrot. Otama its because i dont think luffy doesnt care how old are you if you wanna set sail he will let you join it doesnt matter how old are you probably thats how he show respects to sabo when he set sailed in such a young age..and probably momonuske, to open up wano since after the defeat of kaido is near then onepiece is almost close. And the last but not least is carrot idk i think she really likes the sea she remind me of Duke and cat when they were kids. Idk probably vivi will join them for the fact that void century is somehow connected to the neferteri family.

well luffy once said that he wants 10 crew member but i think theres some that will eventually join but noy part of this 10 main crew..
So for me the characters that will be on the main crew is yamato, and pedro thats it. I think pedro is still alive and he probably the one who made zunisha come to wano who knows… and the characters that will come with the straw hats but not part of the main crew is otama, and probably carrot. Otama its because i dont think luffy doesnt care how old are you if you wanna set sail he will let you join it doesnt matter how old are you probably thats how he show respects to sabo when he set sailed in such a young age..and probably momonuske, to open up wano since after the defeat of kaido is near then onepiece is almost close. And the last but not least is carrot idk i think she really likes the sea she remind me of Duke and cat when they were kids. Idk probably vivi will join them for the fact that void century is somehow connected to the neferteri family.
You know gone is right

Law will probably join Luffy‘s Fleet. I don‘t see him becoming his rival/enemy again after everything he did for Law. Aside from that there‘s also his special bond with Cavendish who is the de facto leader of the Grand Fleet. He‘ll probably stay in Wano to help the people there and protect it from the WG. Big Mom will either be an ally, too, or Kata will take her position and be an ally. Don‘t see them remaining enemies since Kata already likes Luffy. Yamato will just join the crew and sail with them.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Wow, what a nice and touching scene between Carrot and Wanda in episode 1009. I wonder what's going to happen next with this fight. Knowing One Piece, I bet they're going to win in a dramatic fashion. Everyone has their own turn, right?
:sanmoji:

But for real, now I'm curious what they add with Carrot's defeat later if they added this much for this scene. I'm really happy with what they added.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, this was a really smart thing to add to Yamato's scene.

She didn't have the star eyes in the manga, so it's neat to see that they're adding a parallel like that. One of the things I was hoping for with her character is that she would get excited alongside Luffy whereas Nami and Robin would not.

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice and touching scene between Carrot and Wanda in episode 1009. I wonder what's going to happen next with this fight. Knowing One Piece, I bet they're going to win in a dramatic fashion. Everyone has their own turn, right?
:sanmoji:

But for real, now I'm curious what they add with Carrot's defeat later if they added this much for this scene.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, this was a really smart thing to add to Yamato's scene.

She didn't have the star eyes in the manga, so it's neat to see that they're adding a parallel like that. One of the things I was hoping for with her character is that she would get excited alongside Luffy whereas Nami and Robin would not.
I think it could give a little more indication on how Yamato's dynamic will be after sailing the seas with Luffy, being that woman who's more willing to go along with Luffy's antics in contrast to Nami and Robin.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I think it could give a little more indication on how Yamato's dynamic will be after sailing the seas with Luffy, being that woman who's more willing to go along with Luffy's antics in contrast to Nami and Robin.
Yea that's what I'm thinking as well. I'll be really happy if this is an indication of how she's going to act with the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.