Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's what I'm thinking as well. I'll be really happy if this is an indication of how she's going to act with the crew.
While it's just a filler addition, I think it's not farfetched to think that she'll really act that way with Luffy and Chopper based from her personality...

I think it could give a little more indication on how Yamato's dynamic will be after sailing the seas with Luffy, being that woman who's more willing to go along with Luffy's antics in contrast to Nami and Robin.
This... I can also imagine her believing Usopp's lies or hitting Brook for his panty joke...

Wow, what a nice and touching scene between Carrot and Wanda in episode 1009. I wonder what's going to happen next with this fight. Knowing One Piece, I bet they're going to win in a dramatic fashion. Everyone has their own turn, right?
:sanmoji:

But for real, now I'm curious what they add with Carrot's defeat later if they added this much for this scene.
I couldn't help but laugh through it. Toei knew exactly what her fate would be for 90% of this raid yet still gave her this well animated filler to hype up the fight :kailaugh:

It is possible though that they add scenes to the fight like they did with Yamato vs Ulti.
Wow, what a nice and touching scene between Carrot and Wanda in episode 1009. I wonder what's going to happen next with this fight. Knowing One Piece, I bet they're going to win in a dramatic fashion. Everyone has their own turn, right?
:sanmoji:

But for real, now I'm curious what they add with Carrot's defeat later if they added this much for this scene. I'm really happy with what they added.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, this was a really smart thing to add to Yamato's scene.

She didn't have the star eyes in the manga, so it's neat to see that they're adding a parallel like that. One of the things I was hoping for with her character is that she would get excited alongside Luffy whereas Nami and Robin would not.
It was nice seeing Yamato excited about the crew she wants to join and the addition of seeing her actually looking into them. I think she's the first girl in the series to be starry eyed about General Franky too. Even if it's a filler addon, it fits her reaction in the manga and her personality.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I couldn't help but laugh through it. Toei knew exactly what her fate would be for 90% of this raid yet still gave her this well animated filler to hype up the fight :kailaugh:

It is possible though that they add scenes to the fight like they did with Yamato vs Ulti.

It was nice seeing Yamato excited about the crew she wants to join and the addition of seeing her actually looking into them. I think she's the first girl in the series to be starry eyed about General Franky too. Even if it's a filler addon, it fits her reaction in the manga and her personality.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Yamato's flashbacks.
:steef:

I couldn't help but laugh through it. Toei knew exactly what her fate would be for 90% of this raid yet still gave her this well animated filler to hype up the fight
It's likely to prolong the scenes... The manga has lots of breaks lately... I won't be surprised if the Rooftop 5 will get an episode focused on them (recaps, similar to EL arc's) each before the epic confrontation... And Hyo's scene will likely have additional scenes as well...

It's definitely a nice change up, because as cool as Nami and Robin are, it can get a little telling that they become more distant when the men get into things like robots or sumo wrestling. She might even end up as someone who's just as willing to shop for dresses with Nami as much as cheering for Franky's robot transformations as opposed to just the former actually.

While it's just a filler addition, I think it's not farfetched to think that she'll really act that way with Luffy and Chopper based from her personality...

This... I can also imagine her believing Usopp's lies or hitting Brook for his panty joke...
I honestly want to see Yamato hitting on Nami & Robin, especially when Yamato finally sees Nami & Robin in person, she will be like: whoa, Burglar Cat & Devil Child! You both are much prettier in real life!

@Pot Goblin This episode also shows what I meant about Carrot's attitude with the fight. She was only aiming to make sure that Pedro was avenged. How strong she is or how she could prove herself wasn't in her thought process. The goal was for her to properly move on from Pedro's death. That's why the only flashback scene we got in the fight was his message about moving forward and she was happy after Neko finished the fight.

@Pot Goblin This episode also shows what I meant about Carrot's attitude with the fight. She was only aiming to make sure that Pedro was avenged. How strong she is or how she could prove herself wasn't in her thought process. The goal was for her to properly move on from Pedro's death. That's why the only flashback scene we got in the fight was his message about moving forward and she was happy after Neko finished the fight.

As things are now, and only by how things are now, it's things like this which don't incline me to think she'll join the crew. Just feels too disconnected at this point.

In today episode, it looked like Yamato knows everything about strawhat crew already... it's 100% sure she will join

I believe it doesn't mean nothing
I mean, that was in the manga as well. She knows as much as the wanted posters and newspapers told her.

Feels like Rebecca for me... Except Rebecca had last minute spotlights...
Paulie is the closest example of Carrot's situation. His fans were always arguing that his lack of a flashback, proper dream, and his background character treatment meant nothing since Oda will flip it around in the ending. Franky getting all the fights and focus was supposed to be another Vivi bait-and-switch and he would stay with Iceburg to help with rebuilding.

Paulie is the closest example of Carrot's situation. His fans were always arguing that his lack of a flashback, proper dream, and his background character treatment meant nothing since Oda will flip it around in the ending. Franky getting all the fights and focus was supposed to be another Vivi bait-and-switch and he would stay with Iceburg to help with rebuilding.
I agree with this... What I meant about Rebecca is the setup with Diamante looks like Carrot to Peros...

Status
Not open for further replies.