[FNZ] Role Madness Game 02: The Ascent of the Space Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
@Kiwipom I highly disagree with your stand on confidence early in the game being suspicious. I actually believe it's quite the opposite and if anything, confidence late in the game is suspect. If you would like, I could explain to you why here or in a PM.
ok, I'm not very experienced so maybe I missed something. Please explain it to me here, thank you

D

Dragomir

ok, I'm not very experienced so maybe I missed something. Please explain it to me here, thank you
Ok, my friend taught me this so the credit is to her. The approach of a player during the phases of the game can reveal greatly what their alignment is.

For a townie, you should be assertive and confident from early to mid-game because the scum are hiding, you lack information and you can take a few mislynches. You can still be unsure on your reads while playing this way. If a player acts like this, it's a good look.

What would be bad is wishy-washiness, lacking aggression in your posts and reads and just overall not being entirely engaged. That's a bad look. It doesn't mean you're not active cause you still can while not be fully engaged.

Late in the however is where a townie should start being a whole lot more careful and considerate of what they're doing. Because this time, you can't just take a few mislynches cause you'll lose. Gotta be more careful.

If you were confident and aggressive in trying to get somebody lynched would be a major red flag. It reveals that you're an impatient scum, looking to cause more mislynches for town quickly before hey figure you out. When you've already got your town and scum reads set and aren't trying to look more into them, then it shows TMI.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Ok, my friend taught me this so the credit is to her. The approach of a player during the phases of the game can reveal greatly what their alignment is.

For a townie, you should be assertive and confident from early to mid-game because the scum are hiding, you lack information and you can take a few mislynches. You can still be unsure on your reads while playing this way. If a player acts like this, it's a good look.

What would be bad is wishy-washiness, lacking aggression in your posts and reads and just overall not being entirely engaged. That's a bad look. It doesn't mean you're not active cause you still can while not be fully engaged.

Late in the however is where a townie should start being a whole lot more careful and considerate of what they're doing. Because this time, you can't just take a few mislynches cause you'll lose. Gotta be more careful.

If you were confident and aggressive in trying to get somebody lynched would be a major red flag. It reveals that you're an impatient scum, looking to cause more mislynches for town quickly before hey figure you out. When you've already got your town and scum reads set and aren't trying to look more into them, then it shows TMI.
hmmm...ok I see your point, it makes sense. But on the flip side, if this is a common approach, mafias could very well be loud and aggressive early on too and make themselves look townie.

I guess you are right that the being confident part is not necessarily the best argument to prove that you are scum - and I did say that I am not too sure about my reads yet - but I don't believe in rules of thumbs of how towns/mafia should be acting.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Ugh my reads are always trash but if we really have to, here we go, I'll place from my least to most suspicious:

Zoro D Goat - I'll use meta, from my interactions with him outside of mafia, he seems like the type of user that likes to throw curveballs all the time. So I think he is a town acting purposely suspicious. If he was mafia, he'd be a dumb one.

Reborn - reasonable posts, tries to find scum. A bit careful though but not afraid to call users out.

NW - not much to say, looks like just a newbie trying to figure out how the game works.

Law - observant of the game, not very bashful or trying to lead the game in a specific direction. Instead, takes more of a backseat to observe while commenting on where he thinks is weird. A few inconsistency in his post but I am leaning to town

TAC - more careful than he played the previous game ---but this is a good thing if he is town! However, I am not used to TAC not writing long essays and acting suspicious.....could be trying to lay low this round. But I'm keeping my mind open

Celestia - like Denim said, random lynching a lot of times and trying to excuse it as waiting for reaction. But since the other users were doing the same and she also unvoted afterwards, I don't think she's necessarily bad.

Rej - Like I said, he was active during the random lynches but not as loud as Celestia and Denim. Could be mafia trying to blend in while still staying out of spotlight.

Fuji - I think Law and Denim said it pretty well, how he votes then immediately dips almost as if he was told to do so. Very suspicious.

Denim - I think he acts inconsistent at times. Also how he tries to lead the game on day 1, I think this is suspicious because it shows that you are confident in yourself and your decisions. Imo, day 1 players are still trying to assess the situation so we are all a bit unsure...but the confident people probably mean they have some type of information. And this information could be that you are the mafia and thus, you want to gain the trust of the town by taking charge. However, my top 2 suspects are Denim and Fuji but Denim called out Fuji earlier so I'm not too sure if both of them are scums together. Could be an act or maybe just me misreading.

Either way, here are my reads so far. I don't know if I should vote yet but due to timezone, I will be sleeping soon and day phase will end while I'm sleeping.
Man I forgot about fuji lol after reading your post it striked me lol

But as far as denim is concerned I think you are wrong. His aggressiveness is more related to create some panic and see reactions out of it..see, I always felt that a townie should be bold to call others out otherwise there is scum reading...

Also, there is a vote against me and if zoro D goat sticks on it then I Will be casting vote on my doubts.

@Law your reasoning makes sense but I am keeping you off the hook for this day1

Here are the prices against whom I can vote in day one - rej, Celestia, zoro d goat and fuji. Since many of you will go inactive soon so please cast your vote before sleeping.

Its better to vote then let it go....

D

Dragomir

hmmm...ok I see your point, it makes sense. But on the flip side, if this is a common approach, mafias could very well be loud and aggressive early on too and make themselves look townie.

I guess you are right that the being confident part is not necessarily the best argument to prove that you are scum - and I did say that I am not too sure about my reads yet - but I don't believe in rules of thumbs of how towns/mafia should be acting.
It's not exactly a common approach, just something you should be on the lookout for when making your reads.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm not very comfortable voting anyone as of yet. There are some stronger townies reads around, for me. But no one I could definitively put my trust in by how they act Day 1. It's indecisive and giving Scum the initiative to act, but I would rather avoid a miss lynch and start day 2 going fresh, then roll the dice.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I'm not very comfortable voting anyone as of yet. There are some stronger townies reads around, for me. But no one I could definitively put my trust in by how they act Day 1. It's indecisive and giving Scum the initiative to act, but I would rather avoid a miss lynch and start day 2 going fresh, then roll the dice.
The problem is, Zoro D. Goat put a lynch on Reborn and didn’t unvote. To me, Reborn is one of the stronger reads for town so I’d rather have Fuji lynched than Reborn

Reborn

That's too defensive and cautious play. Why you are on back seat and watching the game play out?

I don't think there is any harm for townie to share their reads but you aren't doing so. Why keepings your read to yourself? Tell us what you think ABO others instead of simple keeping everything to yourself
Post automatically merged:

That's too defensive and cautious play. Why you are on back seat and watching the game play out?

I don't think there is any harm for townie to share their reads but you aren't doing so. Why keeping your read to yourself? Tell us what you think about others instead of simple keeping everything to yourself

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
That's too defensive and cautious play.
It is.

I don't think there is any harm for townie to share their reads but you aren't doing so. Why keepings your read to yourself? Tell us what you think ABO others instead of simple keeping everything to yourself
Because my reads are worthless. The most there is present is the fact that Celestia is slightly suspicious, though I am not strongly convinced. That Dragomir is very suspicious more so for the role he took in the game, and should be vetted and watched careful due to that. That Zoro D Goat is likely fooling around and Fuji randomly voted when (correct me if I have the deets in a poor order,) everyone was randomly voting. Entirely likely he was just joining the crowd, or otherwise instructed by Mafia.

All in all—I feel nothing when it comes to the players so far. Drag is the most suspicious but I don't think voting him is necessarily intelligent.

Reborn

Drag is the most suspicious but I don't think voting him is necessarily intelligent.
On personal note, I am not inclined to vote against denim and I gave him my reason why I cautious towards his play...so yeah I am keeping myself alert regarding him.

But your reasoning doesn't make sense. You said 'Drag is more suspicious' this imply that you have read him as scum....

But then you went on to say "voting him is not necessarily intelligent". This is absurd reasoning. Why it's not intelligent? Are you afraid of something?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
On personal note, I am not inclined to vote against denim and I gave him my reason why I cautious towards his play...so yeah I am keeping myself alert regarding him.

But your reasoning doesn't make sense. You said 'Drag is more suspicious' this imply that you have read him as scum....

But then you went on to say "voting him is not necessarily intelligent". This is absurd reasoning. Why it's not intelligent? Are you afraid of something?
Please read through my posts carefully in order to alleviate your confusion. I outlined how I had no solid grasp on anyone's alignment, and I am predisposed to being suspicious towards he who attempts to push the game (and conversation) in a manner befitting them. Until proven trustworthy, I am keeping healthy suspicion for Drag.

It isn't smart to go off a hunch when I have little concrete information about Drag, and forcing a dialogue so late into the first day isn't going to do much but paint a target on either of our backs. I find it more suitable to wait and see, instead of acting rashly.

Reborn

Please read through my posts carefully in order to alleviate your confusion. I outlined how I had no solid grasp on anyone's alignment, and I am predisposed to being suspicious towards he who attempts to push the game (and conversation) in a manner befitting them. Until proven trustworthy, I am keeping healthy suspicion for Drag.

It isn't smart to go off a hunch when I have little concrete information about Drag, and forcing a dialogue so late into the first day isn't going to do much but paint a target on either of our backs. I find it more suitable to wait and see, instead of acting rashly.
Suit yourself but I hope you don't play so passively because it ain't helping in anyway...

There is possibility that we are dealing with three scums like your last game. Our passivity makes things worse in long run..

@Zoro D Goat I asked a question.you haven't replied. I will ask again.. Whats the actual reason for lynching me and what are your thoughts on other players? Even if you are new then I am sure you are smart enough to read between the lines. And, if you are simply fooling around like what tac is saying then I would advice you to get things straight.

C

Celestia

I don't like how after I say I am going to sleep Denim is setting me up to lynch
And as from what I saw Kiwi said he suggested the experienced players first
This look like powerwolfing to me

And it's up to me when I wanna vote idk why it's a problem, a lot of players didn't vote for now
Seems like a very weak reason to push and trying to form a bw on someone

This doesn't put him in a good light

I scrolled fast through posts I will read them again and give my opinion

C

Celestia

Your posts lack substance. There is nothing helpful regarding them...who are your sus?

Give us your read because like rej even you are experience and your contribution could help townie a lot but if you don't then it gives me scum vibe....
I did say I am feeling unsure about law and kiwi cuz they weren't discussing about serious game related things at that time but after giving their reads I am viewing Kiwi in a more positive light , Law kinda feel like they are taking the backseat I mean I didn't see them pushing for someone
As for Rej it cuz he was there but didn't really feel like he isdoing something for the game
Ugh my reads are always trash but if we really have to, here we go, I'll place from my least to most suspicious:

Celestia - like Denim said, random lynching a lot of times and trying to excuse it as waiting for reaction. But since the other users were doing the same and she also unvoted afterwards, I don't think she's necessarily bad.
Your reads aren't trash , I actually like your observation on the game the most now I was a bit unsure about you cuz u didn't engage much in the game but your reads on player and discussions made u rise in my town list
But i don't understand what u mean by random lynching a lot as i only lynched someone just to get them to talk

I can see Fuji being a newbie scum being coached by scum team mate
And wouln't put it past him and Drago being in the same team even that would kinda feel obvious but also last game i played with Drago he and his team mate voted me first phase

Vote lynch [Fuji]

Putting my money on this lynch , it will provide a good info
I think it's the best choice for now

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dragomir

Denim seems want to direct people attention for lynching Celestia. That is suspicious imo
Trying to form a wagon on someone isn't suspicious :whitepress:

Don't do this. By avoiding lynching D2, you essentially make D2 the new D1 and have to use it's lynch for info. D1 lynch is necessary to setup the base for future phases.

Status
Not open for further replies.