[FNZ] Role Madness Game 02: The Ascent of the Space Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

I think something to think about is how would the mafia try to blend in to the rest of the townies. As in, are they going to join in on when there was all the activity happening or sit out and watch from the backseat.
Post automatically merged:

:lawsigh:
That's a good way to look at the situation. I didn't even think of that. Do you have anybody in mind right now?

OK, I am back and can be more concentrated on the game.

I was asked by Celestia for my opinion so far and I went back to the game beginning to give my thoughts and what I noticed:

Here we see Rej who I consider to be one of the most experienced players here because he has hosted a game and definitely knows how mafia game operates. Usually very experienced players scare me if they are mafia and I love them when they are on town side. I don't know what side he is on, so I am trying to find that out if I can. His posts asks for Denim, a player he obviously knows, to get in the game since he voted for him.

Denim comes after that and votes him back. Why? What's the reason behind it? Is it two buddies who have a wild past behind them and trying to get to each other? Are they just playing around or are they from two separate teams? They both seem very experienced.

Here Denim takes another bite off Rej saying he might be mafia because of the reasons he provided.

Reborn's earlier posts seem to just be a fluff and talking about players being active or not. After those posts, I had an idea he hasn't played too many games, however later in the game other player calls me a knowledgeable mafia player, so that was a bit confusing to me. Moreover, he comes in the game quickly and talks a lot, but then he disappears and I don't remember later his posts.

A new player (?) just crashes in with one vote and leaves. Did his mafia team tell him to just vote? What's up with that crashing?

Later Rej complete takes all of his suspicion away from Denim and switches to Kiwi, all of a sudden.

TAC is different this game, but I get a town sense from him. His strategy is different, his posts feel sincere and genuine.

I was thinking whether Zoro's posts are just how newbies are (I remember I was like that too or similar) or is it a sly way to cover your wolfness? It works because I truly believe he is more town and posts like that are the biggest proofs for that. I mean, just look at this post, it is naive
That wasn't a reason against Rej. I just used him as an example to explain angleshooting.

D

Dragomir

I like that observation you've given about Fuji. That entry post does feel as if he didn't know what to say so his buddies told him to vote. But, he could just as easily be a confused townie not knowing what to do.

It isn't concrete but I like the read.

Damn, apparently I triggered everybody in this thread with my post:josad::josad:I will not do it again I promise:pepelit:The real reason that I voted to lynch Reborn is because he is not active and he's acting really weird nowadays:kayneshrug:Is this good enough?
Yes.

:pepelit:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
That's a good way to look at the situation. I didn't even think of that. Do you have anybody in mind right now?

That wasn't a reason against Rej. I just used him as an example to explain angleshooting.

So about what I was saying, let's take a look at what each users were doing:

Actively participated: Celestia, Rej, Denim
Voted but not active: Neutralwatcher, Fujishiro and Zoro D. Goat
Not participated: Me, Law, TAC and Reborn

Something interesting to note is that the ones who were participating were all experienced players, the ones who voted then dipped were all newbies and the ones who didn't participate were the novice players. So this is a factor to keep in mind when assessing the situation, the experience of the players could determine how they reacted.

I think the newbies who voted then dipped while they seem suspicious, it would make no sense for mafia to do something like that. It doesn't help them blend in and only draws in more attention. But that doesn't townclear them obviously and I agree with your point that Fujishiro could have just been told to vote by a mafia buddy since he joined in late.

On the other hand, Celestia and you were really driving the game imo while Rej took more of a backseat even tho he was participating. That to me makes him a bit more suspicious because he is perfectly between active but still trying to lay low.

The rest who didn't participate weren't really active at that time or maybe were lurking but unsure. Or could be mafia wanting to wait until it ends before participating again. I don't have much concrete thoughts about this since the reasons are ambiguous

D

Dragomir

So about what I was saying, let's take a look at what each users were doing:

Actively participated: Celestia, Rej, Denim
Voted but not active: Neutralwatcher, Fujishiro and Zoro D. Goat
Not participated: Me, Law, TAC and Reborn

Something interesting to note is that the ones who were participating were all experienced players, the ones who voted then dipped were all newbies and the ones who didn't participate were the novice players. So this is a factor to keep in mind when assessing the situation, the experience of the players could determine how they reacted.

I think the newbies who voted then dipped while they seem suspicious, it would make no sense for mafia to do something like that. It doesn't help them blend in and only draws in more attention. But that doesn't townclear them obviously and I agree with your point that Fujishiro could have just been told to vote by a mafia buddy since he joined in late.

On the other hand, Celestia and you were really driving the game imo while Rej took more of a backseat even tho he was participating. That to me makes him a bit more suspicious because he is perfectly between active but still trying to lay low.

The rest who didn't participate weren't really active at that time or maybe were lurking but unsure. Or could be mafia wanting to wait until it ends before participating again. I don't have much concrete thoughts about this since the reasons are ambiguous
This is solid as shit and I appreciate it greatly. I've given some thoughts on Celestia. Would you mind reading them and telling me if you agree or disagree?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
If I'm reading it correctly, you think @Celestia's way too shifty with who she views as scum? Her willingness to accuse or vote anyone, flippantly almost, making her suspicious to you?

Sure, it's not something I think is too great. But it's also very open. I feel like Scum would be more covert about trying to push a player. Her being open minded could also feed into three pages of essentially nothing of importance being said. I don't think it's immediately suspicious.

D

Dragomir

If I'm reading it correctly, you think @Celestia's way too shifty with who she views as scum? Her willingness to accuse or vote anyone, flippantly almost, making her suspicious to you?

Sure, it's not something I think is too great. But it's also very open. I feel like Scum would be more covert about trying to push a player. Her being open minded could also feed into three pages of essentially nothing of importance being said. I don't think it's immediately suspicious.
Yes, you hit perfectly.

I disagree. Being open and creating salads for players you can suspect gives scum a lot more leeway with how they push a player. If their initial read fails and that person is proven to be town or it just doesn't pick up a wagon, they can jump back to others and continue "contributing".

It's a lot more effective than just pushing one player or none at all. And more likely than not, scum will have a popular suspicion in their salad so in the very case that player is getting voted, they can jump in without too much trouble. Player salads effectively allow scum to blend in easier.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
This is solid as shit and I appreciate it greatly. I've given some thoughts on Celestia. Would you mind reading them and telling me if you agree or disagree?
I’m not too sure about Celestia. I can see her as both town or mafia, I think from what was happening alone, it’s hard to form a concrete opinion. I don’t necessarily agree because I think that might just have been her strategy to start a bit of a chaos as she said it was day 1 strategy or something. Just to get things rolling, but I do see what you are saying about the jumping on and off lynching. I think I want to observe a bit more

On another note, I think you’re being very controlling about the game. That to me is a bit of a red flag but I’m keeping an open mind for now.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I've eliminated you and Neutral from my pool. Hence, I'm down to Rej and Celestia.
You didn't answer my question though. Why you casted vote on rej despite knowing that his vote on you was random?

Why you narrow down you list to rej and Celestia? If you have reasons then you can't keep it to yourself because this isn't about you or me but about lynching scum and helping townie to win.
Random voting can be a useful way to find those who are suspicious. How someone handles under the pressure of a couple votes on them can be a great read in determining their alignment.

Voting doesn't have to be limited to just those that are sus.
Agreed! But it has to backed by substantial reasons otherwise it can also lead to bandwagon. I really don't like random votes much because it adds more to confusion than giving us any crucial information

Who are your sus

@Kiwipom I see

He is the only one I noticed didn't say anything in the game so far, I might be mistaken, but that just stood put to me. Last game his behavior was different so I want to compare the playing styles.

But he hasn't even been online as pointed by Kiwi
Two things you need to keep in mind....

1) activeness and non activeness has no direct corelation with being scum...best way to pick read is whether they are scum hunting or not.

2) playing style can change. Don't rely too much on that. Tac wasn't online when game started and his playing style is looking different because from past three games he was simply throwing away the game and was getting criticized. I am finding his game play better than what he played in past and more mature... though it doesn't reflect he is townie or scum

Not particularly. The random votes bother me the most but so far, it looks like it’s just for reactions like you said and maybe confused newbies
I agree. There are some who random votes to generate reactions but to me what matters is timing. Rej vote on denim in the beginning was random vote... However scum could use this to push bandwagon on anyone.....
Let's talk about mechanics for a minute. What do you guys think would be a fair ratio or town to mafia? 7v3? 8v2? Furthermore, what about the type of game? Role madness, light or mountainous(a setup where everyone is vanilla)?

Oh, nvm. I found the answer to this one. Just answer the first question.
I am inclining towards 7 vs 3 like last game but problem is we can't be sure whether there are 3 mafias or two Mafia and one serial killer....so we have to keep both possibility in mind.

Not sure about set up so won't take any blind guess because it won't help.

Wassup fams!
Vote lynch @Celestia
Sorry for the late comeness but i was busy :(
Is it random vote?
Unvote

Drago is in his element I will let him pass for now, he can be a valuable towny.
Reborn is interesting, but enthusiastic, I like it.

Soooo who might be scum, I have a small pool of suspects I would like to see more from. For example @Kiwipom

Vote lynch @Kiwipom @Finalbeta
Dude you are quite experience but problem with you is you keep your thoughts to yourself and it won't help townie in general at all....it sucks.

This give me vibe that you lack transparency and portray you as scum
it's to get ppl more into the play mood :catsure: anyway something about your posts sounds like a confident townie

anything to add more ? :catsure:

Fuji and NW sounds like newbie I will give them the benfit of doubt for this phase
but I will hope to see more of them later

as for rn my suspects are probably kiwi , law and rej
rej posts sounds like there is something off
and law and kiwi didn't really post much on the game other than talking about who was online and who wasn't and votes

I will be fine lynching any of them

unvote TAC

that's for the night, will see what will happen next or if the game move more
Your posts lack substance. There is nothing helpful regarding them...who are your sus?

Give us your read because like rej even you are experience and your contribution could help townie a lot but if you don't then it gives me scum vibe....
It feels like you're trying to push the game forward. Which isn't an inherently bad thing, but it's also a good spot for Mafia or Evil to take. Hide your allies and keep yourself out of suspicion because you're appearing to help the town.

It could go either way as of now for you, but until I have a reason to trust you I need to stay suspicious of ya. It'd be too easy to rely on you because you're being talkative and trying to muster up the investigation.
I agree with tac on this regarding @Denim though he is very active but he gives the vibe that he is trying to control the direction of the game as per his liking...now it could because he is experienced and we are novie but it's not something I am fan of
@Kiwipom I'm vote for lynching Reborn simply he's a Swordboi and he's acting suspicious with his "Sanji wank":kayneshrug:
:pepeke:

I think you are new so I will give you benefit of doubt. See, we all belong to different fanbase outside this thread. We may or may not like each other outside this thread but within this thread there is no fandom but only two category - townie or scum.

We need to cast vote based on the post made here and keep our biasedness away ....

OK, I am back and can be more concentrated on the game.

I was asked by Celestia for my opinion so far and I went back to the game beginning to give my thoughts and what I noticed:

Here we see Rej who I consider to be one of the most experienced players here because he has hosted a game and definitely knows how mafia game operates. Usually very experienced players scare me if they are mafia and I love them when they are on town side. I don't know what side he is on, so I am trying to find that out if I can. His posts asks for Denim, a player he obviously knows, to get in the game since he voted for him.

Denim comes after that and votes him back. Why? What's the reason behind it? Is it two buddies who have a wild past behind them and trying to get to each other? Are they just playing around or are they from two separate teams? They both seem very experienced.

Here Denim takes another bite off Rej saying he might be mafia because of the reasons he provided.

Reborn's earlier posts seem to just be a fluff and talking about players being active or not. After those posts, I had an idea he hasn't played too many games, however later in the game other player calls me a knowledgeable mafia player, so that was a bit confusing to me. Moreover, he comes in the game quickly and talks a lot, but then he disappears and I don't remember later his posts.

A new player (?) just crashes in with one vote and leaves. Did his mafia team tell him to just vote? What's up with that crashing?

Later Rej complete takes all of his suspicion away from Denim and switches to Kiwi, all of a sudden.

TAC is different this game, but I get a town sense from him. His strategy is different, his posts feel sincere and genuine.

I was thinking whether Zoro's posts are just how newbies are (I remember I was like that too or similar) or is it a sly way to cover your wolfness? It works because I truly believe he is more town and posts like that are the biggest proofs for that. I mean, just look at this post, it is naive
I guess you didn't read the thread well... I didn't disappear..it was night time and I went to bed.

And, before I went to sleep I informed you all

Informing you guys in advance that Its night time here so I am going to bed and won't be active for next 8-10 hours

the real reason that I voted to lynch Reborn is because he is not active and he's acting really weird nowadays:kayneshrug:Is this good enough?
Acting weird nowdays? Is that your reason? game started around 12 hours from now? So how can you cast a vote on me by saying I am acting weird nowdays? Its BS reasoning....

Also, I was active in the beginning when game was started but you guys were not. And what then I have to sleep and the moment i went you guys came online.. it's time difference between our countries..

And, before I went I clearly told people that I won't be active....look my quoted post above..

I will be giving my analysis within an hour or so...

But so far only kiwi pom is giving me Townie vibe.. there is something sus about rest of you all so you all on my radar.
Will give my own analysis and read soon along with my primary sus list

D

Dragomir

You didn't answer my question though. Why you casted vote on rej despite knowing that his vote on you was random?

Why you narrow down you list to rej and Celestia? If you have reasons then you can't keep it to yourself because this isn't about you or me but about lynching scum and helping townie to win.

Agreed! But it has to backed by substantial reasons otherwise it can also lead to bandwagon. I really don't like random votes much because it adds more to confusion than giving us any crucial information

Who are your sus

Two things you need to keep in mind....

1) activeness and non activeness has no direct corelation with being scum...best way to pick read is whether they are scum hunting or not.

2) playing style can change. Don't rely too much on that. Tac wasn't online when game started and his playing style is looking different because from past three games he was simply throwing away the game and was getting criticized. I am finding his game play better than what he played in past and more mature... though it doesn't reflect he is townie or scum

I agree. There are some who random votes to generate reactions but to me what matters is timing. Rej vote on denim in the beginning was random vote... However scum could use this to push bandwagon on anyone.....

I am inclining towards 7 vs 3 like last game but problem is we can't be sure whether there are 3 mafias or two Mafia and one serial killer....so we have to keep both possibility in mind.

Not sure about set up so won't take any blind guess because it won't help.

Is it random vote?

Dude you are quite experience but problem with you is you keep your thoughts to yourself and it won't help townie in general at all....it sucks.

This give me vibe that you lack transparency and portray you as scum

Your posts lack substance. There is nothing helpful regarding them...who are your sus?

Give us your read because like rej even you are experience and your contribution could help townie a lot but if you don't then it gives me scum vibe....

I agree with tac on this regarding @Denim though he is very active but he gives the vibe that he is trying to control the direction of the game as per his liking...now it could because he is experienced and we are novie but it's not something I am fan of

:pepeke:

I think you are new so I will give you benefit of doubt. See, we all belong to different fanbase outside this thread. We may or may not like each other outside this thread but within this thread there is no fandom but only two category - townie or scum.

We need to cast vote based on the post made here and keep our biasedness away ....

I guess you didn't read the thread well... I didn't disappear..it was night time and I went to bed.

And, before I went to sleep I informed you all

Acting weird nowdays? Is that your reason? game started around 12 hours from now? So how can you cast a vote on me by saying I am acting weird nowdays? Its BS reasoning....

Also, I was active in the beginning when game was started but you guys were not. And what then I have to sleep and the moment i went you guys came online.. it's time difference between our countries..

And, before I went I clearly told people that I won't be active....look my quoted post above..

I will be giving my analysis within an hour or so...

But so far only kiwi pom is giving me Townie vibe.. there is something sus about rest of you all so you all on my radar.
Will give my own analysis and read soon along with my primary sus list
Oh, I did it just for fun.

D

Dragomir

Not a big fan of this player salad Nana. Already down to lynch 3 ppl very early in D1 bothers me. I cannot derive a town perspective from this. Am I wrong to say that you're trying to keep your options open as much as possible to easily follow whatever wagon that may form on these 3?
@Reborn

Who are your sus

I narrowed down my pool to only them because at that time, I had removed you and North from it cause I believed you two were town, thus leaving those two left.

My scum read is right now on Celestia. I quoted the reason why above.

I'm not exactly trying to control the thread but I am trying to be a town leader. It's where I am at my most peak and have my best games. I'm trying to get back in that groove. My active is best suited for such a role. I'm struggling to understand why you guys don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
@Reborn

I narrowed down my pool to only them because at that time, I had removed you and North from it cause I believed you two were town, thus leaving those two left.

My scum read is right now on Celestia. I quoted the reason why above.

I'm not exactly trying to control the thread but I am trying to be a town leader. It's where I am at my most peak and have my best games. I'm trying to get back in that groove. My active is best suited for such a role. I'm struggling to understand why you guys don't like it.
I have Only few games experience but two things I learnt as a townie is

1) don't jump to the conclusion in hurry or it can lead to mislynch

2) doubt everyone until picture gets clear.

Frankly speaking as a townie I don't feel like posting to make someone like me but to engage into scum hunting to find out who is scum and help townie.

As far as you are concerned then your engagement with the game is appreciable and is Townie like but in my last game cinera also played like this and turned out to be mafia so thus the reason I am being cautious regarding you.

@Zoro D Goat you are very active online but could you give add something substantial regarding game instead of randomly lynching me because it aint helping us...if you are townie then your purpose should be not to save yourself but to help us all to hunt down scums.....

@NeutralWatcher you aren't much active...can you explain?

@Law you tried to call me out that I was active and then disappeared but you did the same. If you busy then fine let us know. Also, you need to give your reading

@Kiwipom I want to ask you something. What's your take on individually players?

@TheAncientCenturion you aren't messing around but you are being very cautious. Why? Who are your sus?

Here is my list

Townie - kiwi

Sus - law

Doubtful - rej, Celestia, tac, denim, zoro d goat

Neutral - neutral watcher

Frankly speaking this game is open....if this continues then I would have to decide either not voting anyone or go with my sus or doubt but there is nothing concrete that against anyone

I have Only few games experience but two things I learnt as a townie is

1) don't jump to the conclusion in hurry or it can lead to mislynch

2) doubt everyone until picture gets clear.

Frankly speaking as a townie I don't feel like posting to make someone like me but to engage into scum hunting to find out who is scum and help townie.

As far as you are concerned then your engagement with the game is appreciable and is Townie like but in my last game cinera also played like this and turned out to be mafia so thus the reason I am being cautious regarding you.

@Zoro D Goat you are very active online but could you give add something substantial regarding game instead of randomly lynching me because it aint helping us...if you are townie then your purpose should be not to save yourself but to help us all to hunt down scums.....

@NeutralWatcher you aren't much active...can you explain?

@Law you tried to call me out that I was active and then disappeared but you did the same. If you busy then fine let us know. Also, you need to give your reading

@TheAncientCenturion you aren't messing around but you are being very cautious. Why? Who are your sus?

Here is my list

Townie - kiwi

Sus - law

Doubtful - rej, Celestia, tac, denim, zoro d goat

Neutral - neutral watcher

Frankly speaking this game is open....if this continues then I would have to decide either not voting anyone or go with my sus or doubt but there is nothing concrete that against anyone
I was patiently waiting to see if that gets to anyone's attention, and it did, nice, you are, in fact, observing the game.

I actually have more town lead on you after this post, you keep trying to get answer from Denim and it is a not bad and consistent interest on why Denim already had reads on Rej and Celestia early in the game.
You can't vote twice.

Also, you voted these two by saying "mafia are suppose to know their partner" what does it mean?

I doubt Mafia team members would do anything to reveal that they know each other that too so early. To deduce that who are allies within scum we need more posting from others, analyze their content and we need to see against whom they are casting vote and rallying up the suspicioun...

Why you down to rej and Celestia so soon? Their is almost no information on them indicating they could be scum..

Rej always have tendency to trigger random vote to spur activity. I guess even now he did the same which is more evident from the timing of vote which happened right at the beginning of the day1...all it scream is random vote...

Celestia as well hasn't made any suspicious act so far.

So, I have two questions for you...

1)why you think rej and Celestia are suspect?

2)why you casted vote against rej the moment after he casted vote against you despite you having nothing on him?

Informing you guys in advance that Its night time here so I am going to bed and won't be active for next 8-10 hours
Town: I, Kiwi (I am still somewhat hesitant on her, but she is bringing good points and trying to analyze the game), Reborn, TAC, NW (For his last post in the game so far, I had a neutral reading on him, but after the post and seeing he is bringing some questions in the game, my opinion slightly changed. I give some room for mistakes to first-time players, he is one), Denim (this one is tricky, but I do want to believe his town lead, even though this is a mafia game and I should not trust anybody), Zoro (most likely town, acting like one, making mistakes).
On others I am not so sure and I don't have a strong scum read on anyone, Fujishiro shocked me with his coming, but again, first-time player (is he not). Celestia, I need to pay a closer attention to her, I am not sure. Rej is very difficult for me to read.

I will be calling it a night here soon btw

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Ugh my reads are always trash but if we really have to, here we go, I'll place from my least to most suspicious:

Zoro D Goat - I'll use meta, from my interactions with him outside of mafia, he seems like the type of user that likes to throw curveballs all the time. So I think he is a town acting purposely suspicious. If he was mafia, he'd be a dumb one.

Reborn - reasonable posts, tries to find scum. A bit careful though but not afraid to call users out.

NW - not much to say, looks like just a newbie trying to figure out how the game works.

Law - observant of the game, not very bashful or trying to lead the game in a specific direction. Instead, takes more of a backseat to observe while commenting on where he thinks is weird. A few inconsistency in his post but I am leaning to town

TAC - more careful than he played the previous game ---but this is a good thing if he is town! However, I am not used to TAC not writing long essays and acting suspicious.....could be trying to lay low this round. But I'm keeping my mind open

Celestia - like Denim said, random lynching a lot of times and trying to excuse it as waiting for reaction. But since the other users were doing the same and she also unvoted afterwards, I don't think she's necessarily bad.

Rej - Like I said, he was active during the random lynches but not as loud as Celestia and Denim. Could be mafia trying to blend in while still staying out of spotlight.

Fuji - I think Law and Denim said it pretty well, how he votes then immediately dips almost as if he was told to do so. Very suspicious.

Denim - I think he acts inconsistent at times. Also how he tries to lead the game on day 1, I think this is suspicious because it shows that you are confident in yourself and your decisions. Imo, day 1 players are still trying to assess the situation so we are all a bit unsure...but the confident people probably mean they have some type of information. And this information could be that you are the mafia and thus, you want to gain the trust of the town by taking charge. However, my top 2 suspects are Denim and Fuji but Denim called out Fuji earlier so I'm not too sure if both of them are scums together. Could be an act or maybe just me misreading.

Either way, here are my reads so far. I don't know if I should vote yet but due to timezone, I will be sleeping soon and day phase will end while I'm sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.