Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because shes got no actual goals. Atleast none relevant ones. Maybe she wants to plant a 1000 carrots or something
Carrot don't have a goal, she has a desire: To have fun on the sea.

This can be said because of what she says in her second introduction, her dynamic during whole cake and her character construction.

Now, this doesn't mean this goal will stay the same. Oda has setup a change in that goal through the words of Pedro "Someday, you will understand just how important it this is for me to allow Luffy and his crew to set sail from here!".

The anime has already begun to change Carrot's goal, but this is non canon, we still need a clear proof of that change in the story. All indicators are pointing to that happening toward the end of Wano tho.

Last edited:
Carrot and Momo can join the Grand Fleet maybe.Yamato is totally coming along in the sunny.She is fan service material.
Post automatically merged:

Straw Hat Grand Fleet[ current list

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Grand_Fleet

my favorite is Bartolomeo the Cannibal[. I believe he will be yc level in final war. I think is stronger than queen but weaker than king.
His devil fruit is crazy good.Not even Oden could break,i fail too see how can anyone fight him 1v1 without any hax(i'm looking at you Law).

Carrot don't have a goal, she has a desire: To have fun on the sea.

This can be said because of what she says in her second introduction, her dynamic during whole cake and her character construction.

Now, this doesn't mean this goal will stay the same. Oda has setup a change in that goal through the words of Pedro "Someday, you will understand just how important it this is for me to allow Luffy and his crew to set sail from here!".

The anime has already begun to change Carrot's goal, but this is non canon, we still need a clear proof of that change in the story. All indicators are pointing to that happening toward the end of Wano tho.
Why are you so obsessed?
There are people out there whose world is burning and have real problems.
While you write cinera level essays about a drawing of a bunny.

Carrot and Momo can join the Grand Fleet maybe.Yamato is totally coming along in the sunny.She is fan service material.
No for two reasons:

1. For narrative reasons, the strawhat grand fleet is complete. There shall be no more member in that fleet. I explained that here:

2. Again for a narrative reason I call "development inertia" Carrot would need to be setup first as a leader to become a captain and she was depicted as too narratively important to become just a second on a pirate ship. I explained the concept of "development inertia" here (This is a link to my blog):

Why are you so obsessed?
There are people out there whose world is burning and have real problems.
While you write cinera level essays about a drawing of a bunny.
Can't you focus on multiple problems at a time ?

I'm not obsessed, I'm diligent and I love the craft behind One Piece. Carrot is just a case study.

Last edited:
Nah adult Momo fits the Straw hats group better than playboy bunny
Don't want a literal man child and oda using him for obviously fan service :whitepress:... he will be useless anyway when you think about the future interactions with the enemy. At least, I could bear to watch a bunny coming out once in a while to do some fodder fighting like a tag along.:lusalty:
I don't want to see momo at all in the future if possible.

Who will be on the Sunny when it leaves Wano?

Strawhats
Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Chopper
Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbe

Possible Guests
Caribou
Marco
X Drake
Yamato
Carrot

Why these guests?
Past guest prisoner Caribou already asked to hitch a ride after assisting in the prison break and Luffy said he could. Plus Caribou fed Luffy so Luffy owes him double. Though in the end Caribou is a terrible person and may get left regardless. But I don't see Luffy breaking his word.

Marco the Phoenix fits with Greek mythology which may connect with the Greek mythology of Giants from Elbaf+. No reason for him to stay in Wano plus being a veteran of the sea can provide exposition to the Strawhats. Doctor Marco can help Chopper with healing the crew especially if they need to escape Wano quickly. Also should be present when the Strawhats meet Weevil.

X Drake doesn't have any support in Wano and already joined the alliance side per asking Luffy. X Drake can provide exposition from the World Government angle especially Vegapunk in maybe Emerald City. Could leave with Law as a favor instead considering X Drake freed Law.

Yamato has declared wanting to travel the seas with Ace and now Luffy. The same interest however has not been reciprocated by Luffy. No clear reason for Luffy denying Yamato a ride on Sunny but what is Yamato's end goal? Yamato's decision hinges on relationship with Momonosuke.

Past guest Carrot may want to travel again with them though she has already been to her Wonderland adventure in the Whole Cake Island arc. And her home has literally come next to Wano. Sneaking on again while an option serves no clear narrative reason other than a gag and/or prolonging a huge payoff. Neko and Inu did sneak on Whitebeard's and Roger's ships.

we might see carrot in cover page stories as part of being part of grand fleet. Or possible getting furry ass handed to by blackbeard pirate member .
No for two reasons:

1. For narrative reasons, the strawhat grand fleet is complete. There shall be no more member in that fleet. I explained that here:

2. Again for a narrative reason I call "development inertia" Carrot would need to be setup first as a leader to become a captain and she was depicted as too narratively important to become just a second on a pirate ship. I explained the concept of "development inertia" here (This is a link to my blog):

When you have characters who our skilled with Observation haki such as Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato I don't think look out is necessary. You want to talk about how Carrot is shown in various panels of her seeing things from a far distances. However, you don’t acknowledge the accomplishments that Ussop did himself for being a sniper while saving members of his crew for example including Robin, the strawhats, and even Luffy. On top of that Robin's devil fruit can also sprout random body parts including her "eye" to see things from a far distance. Yamato also has a better version of suslong with her devil fruit and she is even stronger fighter who is skilled with 3 versions of haki already. According sbs 71 sanji is very skilled with observation Haki. Luffy can already use future sight to some degree and sense things around him.

Yes, it’s true carrot can get stronger and possibly get better in the future but, the point still stands were not seeing any of the strawhats helping or fighting for her own behalf. In other words where is the motivational drive directly from a strawhat for her to get stronger for the strawhats sake not just for herself. We’re not seeing Luffy really fixated on wanting her to join the crew. If Carrot is supposed, to be the "last", Oda is really doing a poor job illustrating her significance and importance within this arc which will change, the game for the straw hats moving forward. Right now, all the straw hats could end up becoming stronger after successfully defeating the flying six, the Commanders and Kaido. Granted, there are certain characters in the raid such as Ussop, Nami, and Chopper they still need room to grow . While Carrot on another hand is stuck eating grass is depending on someone else who is not a straw hat to come save her. It doesn’t really seem like she is contributing to help Luffy or the straw hats in the current situation. If she did, she would be doing her part by helping the straw hats fight against members of the flying six or possible stall Kaido. Let’s face the reality, they were two personal enemies directly towards her that could elevates her chance of joining the straw hats. Characters for example Jack and perospero come to mind. Jack is responsible for destroying her homeland and torturing her people. While perospero shut down her happy go lucky adventure. Obviously, carrot wouldn't beat these guys by herself. If one of the straw hats had to step up in order to back up her just like they did with Brook than maybe she might have had a chance. If we had seen her fight and oda had give us little bit more detail surrounding her backstory with Pedro it would raised the possibility of her joining and motivation for her to get stronger for the strawhats

Carrot stills suffers from a one-page backstory that is not elaborate to us it only shows us how she was able to obtain her gauntlets. A flashback that is very similar to countless side Characters, even in the zou flashback it wasn't centered around her as a character. In whole cake island arc she still felt like she was just there to supporting the other characters along. The only thing she showed us what minks are capable of. I don't think we hate Carrot at all. I think some of us had high expectations that carrot would be a significant character throughout wano. So far from what we have seen the way oda portrayed her has been little let down and disappointment. She lost that opportunity to be a deep character, be a big help throughout wano and the raid. Instead, she would be with the rest of the minks and having her fight completely offscreen having her other mentors deals with the problem instead of the strawhats. Even when Cat Viper was down when the moon was covered, she didn't bother to help him. I am not for momo joining the crew. At least he was able to bite Kaido and conquer his fear surrounding heights and his ptsd. Otama at least change the tied of the war by using her devil fruit. Yamato at least is showing she is holding Kaido off little longer until Luffy arrives. do. Yes, we did see carrot and wanda save Marco. Sadly we didn't see Carrot and Wando fight against perospero throughout this manga

Status
Not open for further replies.