Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no one is explaining the event that will cause Yamato to turn a 180. She knew about Wano's condition, she meet Momo and said she will die for him, and knows her DF is the guardian diety, but still said she's leaving with Luffy after Kaido is taken care of.
No one can bring a good in-story explanation cause it's not there. Oda is supposed to be writing a 180 of Yamato's choice yet in all the screentime people play up, there's been 0 development.
  • Yamato still has no problems leaving Momo and she's never worried about him while they're separated. A direct contrast to the scabbards always being worried about him and never leaving him by himself.
  • She showed she can ditch him even if he's begging her to stay.
  • She had to be ordered by Luffy both times to go protect him then left him both times to do her own thing. The first one was just her itching to fight at that.
  • Momo himself has never thought about her in the same vein as the scabbards. When he was scared, Yamato was right there yet he was thinking about Kiku and Kin.
  • Momo still hasn't said or hinted at wanting her specifically to stay with him.
But right, Yamato is being set up to be the righthand man and the trusted babysitter of Momo given all of this.
Also, Yamato can't join because only Luffy cares about her? Franky joined and Luffy outright hated him at one point. Other SHs too.
The SHs refused to accept Brook and Robin then treated them as part of the crew in the same chapter.

I just reread chapter 976 and 977. In the chapter when jinbe arrives Carrot is shown hugging Nami and than Jinbe. When they attack the beast pirates Luffy, zoro, Sanji, brook, franky,robin and Jinbe are shown attacking them. Nami, chopper and Ussop are portrayed as the scary cats cowering and cheering them. Carrot is nowhere to be seen and when they drink and Luffy says let’s win the fight first and drink then, she again is nowhere to be seen. Soo nope she is not portrayed as a Strawhat. She is portrayed as a wanna be
🤣🤣🤣 you got the clown cause that's what I am been saying why wasn't she there even in the anime too also new the new opening carrot isn't there but otama is like isn't carrot should be there "IF" she part of the crew

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can bring a good in-story explanation cause it's not there. Oda is supposed to be writing a 180 of Yamato's choice yet in all the screentime people play up, there's been 0 development.
The problem is in the fact that you still think that Yamato's choosing Momo and Wano is a 180°...

This is problematic because even when Oda will make the move, you won't understand it.. you will need someone like Morj to make you understand.. Just because you won't listen to me:

So trust me when I say that Yamato choosing to stay in Wano instead of the sea is not a 180 at all !!! It's more like a 45°. Why ? Because Yamato's desire to seek freedom will stay the same by choosing her own pass! The only thing that Yamato is changing is the place where she will go.

The problem is in the fact that you still think that Yamato's choosing Momo and Wano is a 180°...

This is problematic because even when Oda will make the move, you won't understand it.. you will need someone like Morj to make you understand.. Just because you won't listen to me:

So trust me when I say that Yamato choosing to stay in Wano instead of the sea is not a 180 at all !!! It's more like a 45°. Why ? Because Yamato's desire to seek freedom will stay the same by choosing her own pass! The only thing that Yamato is changing is the place where she will go.
Yamato(ODA) said that she will leave wano so much time the only reason she couldnt is because of the cuffs that her abused and controlled father placed on her now that is gone there are no more reasons for her in wano Momo Is here and have the logbook so stop saying that she NEEDS to stay in wano cause she doesn't have to Oden always want to leave wano but he could never sail the 100 times he tried and tried again then white beard comes and gives him the fricking chance u weirdo

Man, C4N has a lot of free time. Writing all of those paragraphs should be tiring and i am getting tired while writing this. :catcry:
I do ^^
Post automatically merged:

Honestly can mods just ban @CarrotForNakama again?

Not like they are accomplishing anything or learned anything from last time.
So you are basically asking the mod to ban me because I'm replying ?

Yamato(ODA) said that she will leave wano so much time the only reason she couldnt is because of the cuffs that her abused and controlled father placed on her now that is gone there are no more reasons for her in wano Momo Is here and have the logbook so stop saying that she NEEDS to stay in wano cause she doesn't have to Oden always want to leave wano but he could never sail the 100 times he tried and tried again then white beard comes and gives him the fricking chance u weirdo
The cuff where a symbolism of Yamato's freedom striping away from her : Her freedom to move and her freedom to choose.

That's not a problem anymore. Yamato now have the freedom to move or to choose. I won't stop sayin that she needs to stay because that's exactly what she needs to do for Momo's sake : In other words, to guide him and to train him.

Even Shirahoshi at least made a promise with the whole crew that she would go with them to the upper part of the world in the future. But still she will never really join the crew.

Yamato, on the other hand, has almost only been acting as Momo's guardian, and just gained even more reason to stay to protect him now that she found out he is a chosen one who can talk to Zou.

Luffy definitely rejecting Yamato in the end will be a good character development for him, showing how he has grown, so now he understands better how it's not anyone who can join the crew, especially considering how many procedures Jinbei went through before finally joining. And it will be nice to see it happening to show how much he treasures the characters who are already in the crew.

Last edited:
So her wording when she was 8 makes everything that happened after irrelevant? 8 year old Yamato was fascinated by Oden and read his logbook. She wanted to live exactly like him aka leave Wano, have adventures and get stronger at sea, and then return to fight for Wano(against Kaido). That did not happen.

Kaido prevented her from leaving and she became a Prisoner. For 20 years she been trying to dip, repeatedly saying that her dream is to sail the seas and be free. When she meet Luffy, all she wanted was to leave but when she found that Kaido never cared for her, she made slight changes.

What were those changes? By declaring that she ain't leaving Wano until Kaido is taken down. She declared that she'll fight for Wano by driving Kaido away and then leaving when that's done.

She's already doing what Oden couldn't by helping save Wano, so she's already achieving that part of her 8 years old dialogue. She still has to realize her dream of leaving Wano and sailing, and she said it would be with Luffy. All this "she wants to be Oden" doesn't translate to her abandoning her dream and making the main villain right.
The original plan had an end goal of returning from the adventures to fight Kaido. The fact that 8 year old Yamato's original dream path is broken means that their original dream was changed therefore the current dream can be changed again. A precedent has been set.

A dream of leaving Wano and sailing is shallow with no end goal. "Sail the seas and be free" to do what? That dream is not comparable to the other members. If there is more to the dream, Yamato seems to be the type to already have exclaimed the details. My guess is Yamato has yet to fully grasp what their dream is.

You said main villain. I said Oda. Villains can be correct and be used for narrative exposition too.
The problem with your arguments is that they don't counter the fact that present day Yamato said she wants to leave with Luffy after this war and there's been 0 opposition to this statement besides the main villain. No one has brought up the guardian fruit or Yamato protecting Wano besides Kaido in one chapter.

You can question why it has to be Luffy and bring up alternatives, but that doesn't change what her priority has been for years. Her studying the crew ahead of time and memorizing their bounties should say enough.
Yamato hasn't spoken to many people who witnessed Yamato's transformations. Who is going to have these conversations with Yamato about their Devil Fruit's meaning and history? I can only think of Wano natives with that type of information but that situation has yet to be presented for Yamato to display and interact. When the Wano natives see transformed Yamato during or after the festival will be a great gauge on the Guardian Deity argument.

Yamato can exclaim whatever it doesn't make it true. Doesn't mean it can't change either.

"Studying the crew ahead of time and memorizing their bounties" puts Yamato as a fan like Bartolomeo so using that reasoning at best puts Yamato as a possible Strawhat Grand Fleet Commander. Maybe a new 0th or 8th Division Commander.
Still no one is explaining the event that will cause Yamato to turn a 180. She knew about Wano's condition, she meet Momo and said she will die for him, and knows her DF is the guardian diety, but still said she's leaving with Luffy after Kaido is taken care of.

Also, Yamato can't join because only Luffy cares about her? Franky joined and Luffy outright hated him at one point. Other SHs too.
180 turn possible reasons:
  • Yamato seeing grown body Momo look like Momo's father Oden. Yamato: "I am Oden! You are Oden!! We are Oden!!!" "Oden" stays in Wano to protect and rebuild.
  • Yamato being accepted by Wano natives as the Guardian Deity of Wano that helped bring down Kaido. Becomes a Wano samurai and stays to protect.
  • Yamato has to stay behind so that the Strawhats can escape Wano from World Government.
It's not that events have not been presented. It's you being open to the possibility of some version of said events. None of these events prevent Yamato from adventuring. It just wouldn't be with Luffy. As I stated Yamato's "dream" can be modified since it already has been. The original plan had nothing to do with Luffy.

I mean at least Luffy called Franky by his name.
:fransuper:

Last edited:
T
I do ^^

So you are basically asking the mod to ban me because I'm replying ?

The cuff where a symbolism of Yamamto's freedom striping away from her : Her freedom to move and her freedom to choose.

That's not a problem anymore. Yamato now have the freedom to move or to choose. I won't stop sayin that she needs to stay because that's exactly what she needs to do for Momo's sake : In other words, to guide him and to train him.
Omfg Momo is F..KING 28 also has his sister and kinemon them who is such more than Yamato who was there for him also he is alive ODA didn't kill him for a reason momo is a samurai something that Yamato can't teach him or guide to be one why the hell Yamato already meet momo and still said that she leaving (WHY ODA DO THAT FOR? ALSO, WHY DOES ODA KEEP MAKING YAMATO WANT TO LEAVE WANO FROM A YOUNG AGE? THE SAMURAIS HELP YAMATO TO FOLLOW HER DREAMS)

Omfg Momo is F..KING 28 also has his sister and kinemon them who is such more than Yamato who was there for him also he is alive ODA didn't kill him for a reason momo is a samurai something that Yamato can't teach him or guide to be one why the hell Yamato already meet momo and still said that she leaving (WHY ODA DO THAT FOR? ALSO, WHY DOES ODA KEEP MAKING YAMATO WANT TO LEAVE WANO FROM A YOUNG AGE? THE SAMURAIS HELP YAMATO TO FOLLOW HER DREAMS)
Oda introduced the concepts of Daimyo for a reason. I think that some of the scabbards will end up being ones.

But Why Oda would do such a thing, meaning why Oda would put the words "I want to go on see" in Yamato's mouth ? .. isn't it obvious ?

To
Subvert
Expectations.

Oda introduced the concepts of Daimyo for a reason. I think that some of the scabbards will end up being ones.

But Why Oda would do such a thing, meaning why Oda would put the words "I want to go on see" in Yamato's mouth ? .. isn't it obvious ?

To
Subvert
Expectations.
Okay so tell me what ODA show for carrot another than being friends with the crew(which is something Yamato can do too) carrot have nothing to show than being friends with the crew no huge trauma and backstory also the daimyo don't have to be Yamato she wants to leave Wano whether u carrot fans like it or not and also why is zunisha is at wano right now?I

Okay so tell me what ODA show for carrot another than being friends with the crew(which is something Yamato can do too) carrot have nothing to show than being friends with the crew no huge trauma and backstory also the daimyo don't have to be Yamato she wants to leave Wano whether u carrot fans like it or not and also why is zunisha is at wano right now?I
I don't understand.. I really don't..

I can understand that you like Yamato.. but how can you be so blindesided toward her that you completely ignores what Carrot went through ?

Carrot lost her mentor, someone she views as a big Brother/father figure. Someone she respected enough to put his on color on her while being a musketeers..

Carrot HAS a trauma, and that makes whole cake her BACKSTORY.

What Carrot has that Yamato doesn't ?

- The fact that Yamato's statement to Luffy is a subversion dialogue (making her other two statement fall into the same category)
- The fact that Yamato doesn't have a post and was not even introduced to one with one capacity when it could be easy to do so
- The fact that Yamato doesn't have a real moral pillar
- The fact that Yamato doesn't have any dynamic with the crew when ALL the strawhats had a form of friendship/friendly dynamic with the crew before being recruited.
- The fact that everything in Yamato's action, design and symbolisms scream "Wano guardian" instead of "Strawhat"
- The fact that Momo asked Yamato for guidance
- The fact that Yamato has been developped close to Momo and not close to the strawhats
- The fact that Yamato is the representation of Oden in her mind when Oden was in fact mistaken to go a sea
- The fact that Yamato hyp rest only on frivolous stuff like "son of Kaido" / "Strenght" and not at all about her personnality which in the mouth of certain YamatoForStrawhat followers is I quote "annoying"

etc. etc.

Yamato is not a teacher or mentor figure to momo. If someone is mentor figure to momo it is kinemon and rest of the samurai that travel with him through time. Hell, kinemon had a flashback when he said to momo that he will be his father figure for the time being.

You got some of the Nine Scabbards and his sister who are still alive they can be the advisers to help Momo with his country. On top of that if wano is going to be under Luffy’s territory from now on. The grand fleet, to the revolutionaries, Garp himself, coby and smoker they will protect wano. While Luffy and the rest strawhats going on their adventure. Yamato needs to experience the world for herself to answer the question that momo was just questioning about whether to open wano to the world in its current state. This is a character who has been prisoner under father organzation for 20 years let the girl go experience world for herself. Carrot on other hand is not special mink that makes her different from others she just below them. In addition, her resolution for personal problem were dealt by non strawhat members. Does it really make sense for a character who has barley done anything throughout entire arc and her resolution who was solve by non strawhat to join Luffy’s crew? If that were the case Rebecca or paulie would join Luffy’s crew than.
Carrot has history half of the strawhats. Losing her mentor figure in real time. She has role that other people can do as well.
However, Carrot does not have extendable backstory worth sharing. She does not have story centric arc like all strawhats. Most her enemies that affect her in the past have already been defeat by non strawhats characters. Her fight was not even display alongside the other characters throughout the raid. The only thing she did alongside Wanda was to save marco after that her fight cut short. She did not even mention anything what the dawn is about, she does not reflect on wanted to be useful for Luffy in the future and finally she is not even market as an added member to the team in the special volume covers or promotional material.

I don't understand.. I really don't..

I can understand that you like Yamato.. but how can you be so blindesided toward her that you completely ignores what Carrot went through ?

Carrot lost her mentor, someone she views as a big Brother/father figure. Someone she respected enough to put his on color on her while being a musketeers..

Carrot HAS a trauma, and that makes whole cake her BACKSTORY.

What Carrot has that Yamato doesn't ?
YAWN why u guys still use WCI arc? why will oda still use that when they already beat the Perospero while that so-called trauma has already been flushed out after his defeat while Yamato has most worst than carrot like she was abused by her father also, was put in a cave without any food also has on bomb on her hands if she leaves the island not to mention that kaido killed anyone that gives her food and being kind to her also Yamato backstory is going to connect with kaido also we don't know where was yamato and kaido from u
And what was yamato doing before wano

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The original plan had an end goal of returning from the adventures to fight Kaido. The fact that 8 year old Yamato's original dream path is broken means that their original dream was changed therefore the current dream can be changed again. A precedent has been set.
How come she has to give up on the main part of her dream that she has mentioned at last 5 times now? She got stronger, she's fighting for Wano, all that's left is to leave and go on adventures. Why is it imperative that only that half get tossed aside?

A dream of leaving Wano and sailing is shallow with no end goal. "Sail the seas and be free" to do what? That dream is not comparable to the other members. If there is more to the dream, Yamato seems to be the type to already have exclaimed the details. My guess is Yamato has yet to fully grasp what their dream is.
Right. A guess. And right now, that guess contradicts the information we have right now. Brooke wants to reunite with a whale.

You said main villain. I said Oda. Villains can be correct and be used for narrative exposition too.
Oda is writing the villain...and why should the villain be proven right just for this instance?

180 turn possible reasons:
  • Yamato seeing grown body Momo look like Momo's father Oden. Yamato: "I am Oden! You are Oden!! We are Oden!!!" "Oden" stays in Wano to protect and rebuild

Baseless assumption.
-she admires Oden
-knows Momo is Oden's son
-says she will die for Momo
-knows how important Wano is
-says it's imperative that Momo becomes the Shogun, open Wano's borders and lead the world to dawn
-knows she has DF of Wano's guardian

Still declared she's leaving.... but seeing Momo look like Oden would make her ditch her dream?

• Yamato being accepted by Wano natives as the Guardian Deity of Wano that helped bring down Kaido. Becomes a Wano samurai and stays to protect.
Which makes me wonder why nobody ever brings up Kaido talking down Yamato for thinking any of the samurai would ever except her as a comrade and how she has no friends.

• Yamato has to stay behind so that the Strawhats can escape Wano from World Government.
This is another baseless assumption. Why does Yamato specifically need to stay cause of the WG?

It's not that events have not been presented. It's you being open to the possibility of some version of said events. None of these events prevent Yamato from adventuring. It just wouldn't be with Luffy. As I stated Yamato's "dream" can be modified since it already has been. The original plan had nothing to do with Luffy.
Who says I'm not open to Yamato staying? I never wanted Yamato to join the SHs and think she's a trash character. I'm just don't buy into the anti-Yamato assumptions that rely on Yamato turning a 180

None of the SH dreams has anything to do with Luffy, but he affects them nonetheless. Zoro for example was afraid to die to achieving his dream but now he's willing to give it up for Luffy's sake.

I mean at least Luffy called Franky by his name.
He didn't call Chopper by name until he joins, and Oda says Luffy tends not to remember crewmates' names unless they join. Selective reasoning doesn't exclude Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.