Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a stupid argument to begin with. Luffy started adventure on his own. He didn't get his current status because of his father or grandpa recommendation. Same for gon. Having genetics doesn't mean anything when you don't put effort which we have seen in real life too.
:catsure:
Post automatically merged:

I do not think that Oda will follow this road :myman:
It's Lolda. :milaugh:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
What does luffy's fruit making him joyboy change though?
Like if his fruit is the only thing making him joyboy, does that change his dream? and does it change his ultimate goal of being the most free person on the seas thus making him the pirate king?
I just don't get why it matters if he was born joyboy, nurtured into joyboy through childhood, inherited his will through D, or is joyboy because he awakened the same fruit joyboy had.
He was already on the path he's going down since before he ate the fruit I guess is what I think. Regardless of whether it turned out to be right, luck or not.
It changes because
First shanks only backed him cause he accidentally ate a fruit
Destroying that relationship luffys whole pirate journey is based on
And he is only gonna be the chosen one because of said fruit
Not himself

It changes because
Not himself
Shanks only backed him when Luffy said he will become pirate king not after eating the fruit. Guess you missed a scene or selective bias.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Shanks only backed him when Luffy said he will become pirate king not after eating the fruit. Guess you missed a scene or selective bias.
Sure. Luffys the only person ever who will be pirate king.

Shanks backed him cause he ate the fruit
If he didn't eat it there would be no luffy now

You said it yourself its not a foundation to debate, yet you bring it up yourself first.
The fact was nanika saved gon.

Also no reply regarding don:goyea:
Already replied regarding Don. Him being top 1 is speculative as hell when we got characters like Post-Rose Meruem. :yodaswag:

And how was bringing Killua into this speculative when Nanika saving Gon because of Killua's direct action is canon and factual? :nicagesmile:

Crocus said when Luffy departed that he may be the man they are waiting for

Shanks gave also thought so
100% and this Joyboy/Awakening moment has been all over every arc since the timeskip, you can hate the concept of this destiny stuff but also acknowledge that this is the story you’ve been reading (and Luffy will probably defy this destiny by the end of the series anyway)

Even if hes’s the chosen one his character arc is not going to change for a reveal that’s been so necessary for the story Oda has decided to tell. (Granted I also have issues with how this has been introduced/‘awakened)

Their isnt a singular chosen one
Its a bunch of chosen ones/fated people that have to be born at the right time and place to fulfill whatever some ancient prophecy is
Imo i think anyone with the voat is a chosen one

Also when it comes to zoro and even sanji lowkey them being fated and having ties to ancient characters and their wills is pretty likely imo
What in the Actually Fuckin fuck are you talking about? None of this has anything to do with Zoro? Good lord man

Also, There is one Joyboy and Joyboy is the chosen one… There being other prophecies about other people isn’t the same as them also being the Chosen one… Get it? It’s one guy… Hence the CHOSEN ONE

ALSO, THERE IS NO UFCKIN PROPHECY ABOUT RYUMA SO WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

It changes because
Not himself
We don't know the fruit is the key to anything? Roger was too early from what we know, not missing a fruit. It could turn out he was too early to get his hands on the fruit but we don't know.
Luffy ate the fruit because he's headstrong and reckless, likes to do whatever he wants. Whether shanks had to back him or not I don't care about, whether the fruit changed his life from then on I also don't care about. If it turns out that he needed the fruit all along then if he didn't eat it the story would be the exact same until he gets to where roger is and goes "oh shit I'm not the one! Oh well hahaha!"
I'm still pretty happy with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.