Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Are Luffy fans happy with Luffy being Nika and Joy Boy? Not just a symbolic representation of them, but as much a literal reincarnation of them as Naruto was of Asura.

(This feels like the moment where Naruto met the Sage of the Six Paths and acquired his power).

To be clear, I'm not criticising the story or criticising Luffy, I just want to know if this is a development that Luffy fans appreciate and/or welcome.
@Luffy is the mc, @Hades, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Bogard, @Sentinel, @Akai2.
It's been foreshadowed for ages, so there isn't much to feel excited about as far as Joy Boy plot goes. We were never told directly whether or not he's merely a symbolic representation of the Joy Boy or Nika; we assumed he is but he's not. This isn't some mind-boggling revelation that no one saw coming, so there is little room for disappointment. What many didn't see coming is the direct link b/w Luffy's fruit and Joy Boy. People mostly only thought Joy Boy/Nika had the same DF as Luffy but this goes deeper than that. It's an interesting plotline that almost no one saw coming. This may result in a whole new revelation about the devil's fruits and inherited wills. Celestial had a theory about it irrc.

Is it just me or does Oda try to paint Kaido as an unsurmountable wall for the good guys but he looks like the underdog here with him failing at killing anyone since the beginning of the raid with even enemies keeps coming back at him once they were defeated.

It looks like Kaidois facing an immortal army here. Instead of finding myself rooting for the good guys I'm actually rooting for Kaido instead. This is messed up Oda.
:pepemy:

Why would people be mad that the main character of a shonen where there's a prophecized figure that can change the world happens to be said figure. When its clearly been forshadowed as much as the characters alias being Joy boy and the fucking MC is always smiling. But now suddenly people want somebody else yo be JB and steal the spotlight from the protagonist of the series...?

Status
Not open for further replies.