Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks that the stuff about the dawn of the world/sun god/joyboy is kinda reminiscent of the legend of Azor Ahai from A song of ice and fire? Its probably just a common trope, but also, I think Oda also confirmed that he is a game of thrones fan.

Damn that's true too! I swear Niji and Yonji got grabbed by BM once before at the tea party but they escaped and kicked like 10, 000 peoples asses later with Ichiji and Reiju?
So BM grabbed them again and captured them after that?

How did Jinbei get away from WCI with seemingly no casualties or permanent injuries or apparent sacrifices? Imagine if someone of the Sun Pirates were captured too as they tried to help him escape?
I'm sure when the SHs reunited with him at Wano, he dodged the question when they asked him about he got away? Suspicious?
All the Vinsmoke bros were fighting on Cacao Island to ensure the SHs safety, BM arrived on the island after eating the cake and Yonji and Niji probably just jobbed so the rest of Germa could escape to safety

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Full summary, thanks to redon from Pirate King Forum.

Chapter 1,043 : "We will die together" .

Germa 66's Ahh… Emotionless Excursion, Vol. 7: “Back
to Whole Cake Island”.

In the cover, Oven is carrying the Vinsmoke's book on his shoulders.
He's going to leave Cocoa Island towards Whole Cake Island through a mirror (Brûlée is next to it). As he leaves, Oven looks confused at Pudding (who is still in Chocolate Town).

Chapter starts on the 1st floor of Onigashima castle's basement. X Drake (in hybrid form) has stabed CP0 boss from the back with his sword. CP0 boss spits blood out of his mouth.

CP0 boss: "Tell me why you did it... Drake.
...!!"

X Drake: "Hah. Hah...
This is... my justice...!!"

CP0 boss: "I envy you..."

Suddenly, CP0 boss moves at high speed and disentangles himself from X Drake's sword. He then attacks X Drake using “Shigan”, stabing his finger into X Drake's throat.

Cut to the “Flower Capital”, people are finishing the preparations for the sky boats. Toko already has ready her ship.

Toco: "Oh!
Fly~~~~!! I hope my wish reachs heavens!!"

Cut to Onigashima castle's roof. Luffy keeps hitting Kaidou with high-speed punches. Kaidou manages to stop one of them with his kanabo, but immediately after that he receives 3 more punches without being able to stop them.

Luffy: "Zeh.
Zeh..."

Kaidou: "The trajectory of this attack is curved...!?
It hurts...!!!
Considering the nature of gum, this kind of move should be impossible...!!"

Despite Luffy's attacks, Kaidou looks at him confidently.

Luffy: "Ohhhhhhh!!!"

Kaidou: "Stop!! Hey~~~!! It hurts~~~~~~...
Stop~~~♡"

Kaidou enters in “Amae Jougo” mode (Craving Love Drunk mode). As Luffy punches him in the face, Kaidou winks at him and touches his lip making a “sexy face”. Luffy gets very angry.

Luffy: "He's still drunk!!!"

Kaidou: "Wi~~~~~~
Don't you think you're the only one
who can see the “future”!!!"

Suddenly, Kaidou moves at high speed and manages to escape from Luffy's punches.

Kaidou: "Heh...
Let me imitate you...!!
Wi~~~"

We see Kaidou has changed to dragon form and he's moving his body just like Luffy moves his arms when he uses Gear 4 (he can change his direction at will and very quickly). Kaidou enters in “Nusubito Jougo” mode (Stealing Drunk mode). Then he bites Luffy very hard.

Luffy: "Ah!
It huuuuurts!!!"

Kaidou puts Luffy into his mouth and flies up, away from Onigashima.

Luffy: "Uohhhh"

Kaidou: "Wi~~~~~~!!!"

Luffy punches Kaidou inside of his mouth to try Kaidou releases him.

Luffy: "He ate me!!!
Let me go!!!"

After flying up a bit, Kaidou stops and looks down at Onigashima. He then opens his mouth and shoots a “Bolo Breath” point-blank to Luffy, who can't dodge it. The attack hits Onigashima and pierces through the entire island and the castle. We see how “Bolo Breath” goes through the Live Floor and goes between Yamato and Momonosuke at the bottom of the island.

“Bolo Breath” swept along Luffy through the entire Onigashima but he finally escapes from it when Kaidou's beam pierces all the island. Luffy changes into “Boundman” form and flies back where Kaidou is.

Luffy: "Damn you!!"

Kaidou: "Wororo...
You've come back."

Luffy: "How many minutes I have left...!?
This is the last “Gear Fourth”!!
And I won't have any more time!!
I cannot lose!!"

Kaidou tries to bite Luffy again, but he dodges him and flies over Kaidou.

Kaidou: "Wi~~~ Your condition is more severe than expected."

Luffy talks to Kaidou as he prepares the next attack.

Luffy: "As long as you're here, people of “Wanokuni” won't be able to drink even water!!
Hah, hah…
“Gomu Gomu no”!!"

Kaidou: "Wororo!!
I don't care whose side you are on...!!
People of “Wanokuni” are comfortable with losing.
This country is full of “peace-loving weaklings”!! And “honorable deaths”!!
But all of them are just “losers” trying to find excuses for their failure!!!"

Luffy: "Shut your mouth!!!
Samurais are strong!!!"

Kaidou: "Strong!? Or just pretending to be strong!? “Winners” need no excuse!!
Which one are you!!?"

While they talk, Kaidou prepares another “Bolo Breath”, but Luffy attacks first.

Luffy: "“Over Kong Gun” (Supreme Monkey King Gun - 覇猿王銃 (オーバー コング ガ ン))!!!!"

Luffy hits Kaidou's jaw with a powerful punch. Kaidou's “Bolo Breath” explodes in his own mouth. After the attack Kaidou falls to the ground, Luffy runs towards Kaidou to attack him again.

Luffy: "Not yet!! Hah...
I must continue as long as I can use “Gear Fourth”!!"

Suddenly, while Luffy prepares his next attack, Kaidou (in hybrid form) attacks him at full speed. Luffy is surprised.

Kaidou : "“Hourai Hakke” (Thunder Cannon Bagua - 咆雷八卦 (ほうらい はっけ))!!!!"

Kaidou blows Luffy with an upgraded version of “Raimei Hakke”. Luffy falls to the ground with his eyes blank and begins to expel steam from his mouth. However, Luffy covers his mouth preventing “Gear Fourth” is disabled.

Kaidou looks at Luffy, his eyes are spiral shaped. Kaidou enters in “Satsuriku Jougo” mode (Killing Spree Drunk mode). Luffy gets up and prepares to attack again, Kaidou also prepares to face him.

Luffy: "...!!
One more attack...!!
If he isn't down with this one, then I will be the one who lose...!!!
“Gomu Gomu no~~~”!!"

Kaidou: "Huh, huh...
Come here, brat!!!
“Hourai”!!"

Suddenly, we see that CP0 boss is running to the area where they are fighting. CP0 boss jumps and grabs the shoulder of Luffy's arm with which he is about to attack Kaidou.

Luffy: "“Over”...!!
Eh!?"

CP0 boss: "“Tekkai”"

Kaidou: "“CP0”!!?"

Kaidou is shocked and upset for CP0 boss' appearance, but he can't stop. In that moment, Kaidou remembers when he hit Oden 20 years ago (these memories are from Kaidou's point of view). Oden and Luffy faces are practically the same.

In an AMAZING final double page (for me, one of the best in all One Piece) Kaidou brutally hits Luffy with his kanabo using Color of the Supreme King Haki. “Hourai Hakke” hits Luffy's body directly (Kaidou's kanabo hits Luffy's body like a mallet). Luffy can't defend himself thanks to CP0 boss distraction. CP0 boss manages to move away just in time, so the blow did not hit him.

Kaidou's expression after hitting Luffy is heartbreaking, he is completely shocked. Luffy is badly injured and bleeding a lot. Chapter ends with this sentence from series' editor.

“Emotions are mixed...”

End of the chapter.

Full summary, thanks to redon from Pirate King Forum.

Chapter 1,043 : "We will die together" .

Germa 66's Ahh… Emotionless Excursion, Vol. 7: “Back to Whole Cake Island”.

In the cover, Oven is carrying the Vinsmoke's book on his shoulders.
He's going to leave Cocoa Island towards Whole Cake Island through a mirror (Brûlée is next to it). As he leaves, Oven looks confused at Pudding (who is still in Chocolate Town).

Chapter starts on the 1st floor of Onigashima castle's basement. X Drake (in hybrid form) has stabed CP0 boss from the back with his sword. CP0 boss spits blood out of his mouth.

CP0 boss: "Tell me why you did it... Drake.
...!!"

X Drake: "Hah. Hah...
This is... my justice...!!"

CP0 boss: "I envy you..."

Suddenly, CP0 boss moves at high speed and disentangles himself from X Drake's sword. He then attacks X Drake using “Shigan”, stabing his finger into X Drake's throat.

Cut to the “Flower Capital”, people are finishing the preparations for the sky boats. Toko already has ready her ship.

Toco: "Oh!
Fly~~~~!! I hope my wish reachs heavens!!"

Cut to Onigashima castle's roof. Luffy keeps hitting Kaidou with high-speed punches. Kaidou manages to stop one of them with his kanabo, but immediately after that he receives 3 more punches without being able to stop them.

Luffy: "Zeh.
Zeh..."

Kaidou: "The trajectory of this attack is curved...!?
It hurts...!!!
Considering the nature of gum, this kind of move should be impossible...!!"

Despite Luffy's attacks, Kaidou looks at him confidently.

Luffy: "Ohhhhhhh!!!"

Kaidou: "Stop!! Hey~~~!! It hurts~~~~~~...
Stop~~~♡"

Kaidou enters in “Amae Jougo” mode (Craving Love Drunk mode). As Luffy punches him in the face, Kaidou winks at him and touches his lip making a “sexy face”. Luffy gets very angry.

Luffy: "He's still drunk!!!"

Kaidou: "Wi~~~~~~
Don't you think you're the only one
who can see the “future”!!!"

Suddenly, Kaidou moves at high speed and manages to escape from Luffy's punches.

Kaidou: "Heh...
Let me imitate you...!!
Wi~~~"

We see Kaidou has changed to dragon form and he's moving his body just like Luffy moves his arms when he uses Gear 4 (he can change his direction at will and very quickly). Kaidou enters in “Nusubito Jougo” mode (Stealing Drunk mode). Then he bites Luffy very hard.

Luffy: "Ah!
It huuuuurts!!!"

Kaidou puts Luffy into his mouth and flies up, away from Onigashima.

Luffy: "Uohhhh"

Kaidou: "Wi~~~~~~!!!"

Luffy punches Kaidou inside of his mouth to try Kaidou releases him.

Luffy: "He ate me!!!
Let me go!!!"

After flying up a bit, Kaidou stops and looks down at Onigashima. He then opens his mouth and shoots a “Bolo Breath” point-blank to Luffy, who can't dodge it. The attack hits Onigashima and pierces through the entire island and the castle. We see how “Bolo Breath” goes through the Live Floor and goes between Yamato and Momonosuke at the bottom of the island.

“Bolo Breath” swept along Luffy through the entire Onigashima but he finally escapes from it when Kaidou's beam pierces all the island. Luffy changes into “Boundman” form and flies back where Kaidou is.

Luffy: "Damn you!!"

Kaidou: "Wororo...
You've come back."

Luffy: "How many minutes I have left...!?
This is the last “Gear Fourth”!!
And I won't have any more time!!
I cannot lose!!"

Kaidou tries to bite Luffy again, but he dodges him and flies over Kaidou.

Kaidou: "Wi~~~ Your condition is more severe than expected."

Luffy talks to Kaidou as he prepares the next attack.

Luffy: "As long as you're here, people of “Wanokuni” won't be able to drink even water!!
Hah, hah…
“Gomu Gomu no”!!"

Kaidou: "Wororo!!
I don't care whose side you are on...!!
People of “Wanokuni” are comfortable with losing.
This country is full of “peace-loving weaklings”!! And “honorable deaths”!!
But all of them are just “losers” trying to find excuses for their failure!!!"

Luffy: "Shut your mouth!!!
Samurais are strong!!!"

Kaidou: "Strong!? Or just pretending to be strong!? “Winners” need no excuse!!
Which one are you!!?"

While they talk, Kaidou prepares another “Bolo Breath”, but Luffy attacks first.

Luffy: "“Over Kong Gun” (Supreme Monkey King Gun - 覇猿王銃 (オーバー コング ガ ン))!!!!"

Luffy hits Kaidou's jaw with a powerful punch. Kaidou's “Bolo Breath” explodes in his own mouth. After the attack Kaidou falls to the ground, Luffy runs towards Kaidou to attack him again.

Luffy: "Not yet!! Hah...
I must continue as long as I can use “Gear Fourth”!!"

Suddenly, while Luffy prepares his next attack, Kaidou (in hybrid form) attacks him at full speed. Luffy is surprised.

Kaidou : "“Hourai Hakke” (Thunder Cannon Bagua - 咆雷八卦 (ほうらい はっけ))!!!!"

Kaidou blows Luffy with an upgraded version of “Raimei Hakke”. Luffy falls to the ground with his eyes blank and begins to expel steam from his mouth. However, Luffy covers his mouth preventing “Gear Fourth” is disabled.

Kaidou looks at Luffy, his eyes are spiral shaped. Kaidou enters in “Satsuriku Jougo” mode (Killing Spree Drunk mode). Luffy gets up and prepares to attack again, Kaidou also prepares to face him.

Luffy: "...!!
One more attack...!!
If he isn't down with this one, then I will be the one who lose...!!!
“Gomu Gomu no~~~”!!"

Kaidou: "Huh, huh...
Come here, brat!!!
“Hourai”!!"

Suddenly, we see that CP0 boss is running to the area where they are fighting. CP0 boss jumps and grabs the shoulder of Luffy's arm with which he is about to attack Kaidou.

Luffy: "“Over”...!!
Eh!?"

CP0 boss: "“Tekkai”"

Kaidou: "“CP0”!!?"

Kaidou is shocked and upset for CP0 boss' appearance, but he can't stop. In that moment, Kaidou remembers when he hit Oden 20 years ago (these memories are from Kaidou's point of view). Oden and Luffy faces are practically the same.

In an AMAZING final double page (for me, one of the best in all One Piece) Kaidou brutally hits Luffy with his kanabo using Color of the Supreme King Haki. “Hourai Hakke” hits Luffy's body directly (Kaidou's kanabo hits Luffy's body like a mallet). Luffy can't defend himself thanks to CP0 boss distraction. CP0 boss manages to move away just in time, so the blow did not hit him.

Kaidou's expression after hitting Luffy is heartbreaking, he is completely shocked. Luffy is badly injured and bleeding a lot. Chapter ends with this sentence from series' editor.

“Emotions are mixed...”

End of the chapter.
I laugh silently

How did Jinbei get away from WCI with seemingly no casualties or permanent injuries or apparent sacrifices? Imagine if someone of the Sun Pirates were captured too as they tried to help him escape?
I'm sure when the SHs reunited with him at Wano, he dodged the question when they asked him about he got away? Suspicious?
That was exactly my thought about Jinbe, how he could escape and then he didn't answer how he escape. But when Jinbe encounter BM in this arc, she didn't say anything about it only that Jinbe would pay for what he did. So it seems like more they really escape under water. I mean look at Judge and his two siblings, how the hell only Yonji and Niji got caught off but not Judge and the rest of the entire Germa66 with a huge fucking ship who was covered by 100 of Big mom ships?

What did Smoothie,Oven,Daifuku and Snack do during that time? How Judge,Ichiji and Reiju could even escape infront of that large force with so many strong people?

That doesn't make any sense...
But what ever,the coverstory sound interesting so I can't wait for me stuff.

G

Gorosei Informer

Kid standing up for SMILED Killer in Udon will be cooler than any feat he pulled or will pull off in Onigashima
Well said, that's a great point.

Kidd and Killer are mad underrated/underappreciated honestly. That scene, especially Kidds and Killers anguish and Kidds fury, especially in the anime was goated. Also them laughing with Killer and adopting his laugh to make him feel less weird/creepy/dysfunctional etc.
It's real Luffy and Strawhat type empathy and caring. Really heartwarming stuff.

Honestly Luffys best moments for me are how he interacts with his crew, especially in times like Nami at Arlong Park, Robin at Enies Lobby, Stretching his hand out for Usopp grab onto and pull him onto their new ship to replace losing Merry, Usopp being forgiven, rejoining the crew and starting over with a new ship and new nakamas and also Luffy immediately inviting Brook to join who has been alone for 50 years and watched his crew all die one by one immediately too.

Also finally, him struggling through the rain, starving, getting beaten up by Big Moms enraged army and completely exhausted and almost dying but collapsing too and telling Sanji his bento is the best, which directly parallels to Sanjis childhood with Sora and the food he made her too which got soaked and was "terrible" but both she and Luffy loved the food despite Luffys bento being soaked and cold too because they were made by Sanji and with love too.

Then Oda did it again with Chuuji the mouse and the Geisha woman with parallels to Sanji's backstory then too with mice ofc. (Also that cover page AGES ago with Sanji, the cake, mice, rabbits, teapot etc I think)
Luffy telling Sanji he can't be pirate king without him. Tears man, literal tears shed then.

Luffy has amazing empathy too, godly even. I think that's why he attracts so many people too, especially to his side, even enemies. Not just his virtues, his ideas, beliefs or whatever, his immense psychic empathy especially.

Rayleigh grew to love him and see another Roger in him. Shanks adores him. Ace, Sabo, Makino, Dadan etc.

Man, him covering Boas tattoo was one of the most powerful, emotional, character defining and best moments I've ever seen anywhere too. Peak fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.