Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this conversation will be important later on. Oda could even tease stuff like that in Film Red to get us hooked for whats to come in the Manga. Yes i believe Film Red will have canon material in it. Be it a name drop like we had with Stampede /laugh tale. Or character design reveals like Aokiji /Film Z. Something has to be there. Maybe Roger told him you aint Joyboy either.
:suresure:

This chapter is low key Sanji hype chapter too. He is one of those who can sense people from distance. He is flexing his observation haki.

And elephant in the room, after getting beaten by two ycs and Black Maria and later defeating one of the yc, he is still awake and pretty much recovered. Unlike certain swordboi. :pepecafe:

Insane DUR stats. Sanji come a long way. I believe he is much more powerful than his rival at this point. :myman:

Him having awakening doesn't imply he has to be the strongest endgame character lol
Post automatically merged:

Because Luffy ate a human fruit. Kaido's literally is a dragon model. It's not comparable.
Luffy ate a human fruit model nika, Kaido ate fish fruit model dragon. Don’t move the goalpost

I dont need to digest anything - feats>words. And your boy will never catch up to Zoro's feats. :goyea:
What's the rush? ZKK is the grand finale of the arc, not a Looney Toons circus. We are long past the mummification, you know? :yasu:
Show me panel of Law shambling Zoro away. Yes, the same Hakai where the weakling Luffy watched the mighty Zoro do the impossible.

When he is done with Grim Reaper he is coming after Kaido because Luffy cant do what needs to be done, he cant make even a papercut.
Wano will be celebrating the new Sword God. I told you, you will be begging me to stop showing you dead Kaido soon enough. :goyea:
The Grand finale is Luffy beating his first Yonko for the first time not zoro overshadow The Main Character. This is not One Piece Movie 5 lmao

Last edited:
Him having awakening doesn't imply he has to be the strongest endgame character lol
Post automatically merged:

Because Luffy ate a human fruit. Kaido's literally is a dragon model. It's not comparable.
Of course it does when we know what happened during this Raid.
Not even Whitebeard has feats like that, if Kaido who is supposed to be on his last legs, suddenly grows stronger, based on feats there is not a single character that could defeat him in a fresh 1v1.

D

Deleted member 10278

How will anyone ever be a threat to Luffy now lmao
This ludicrous power up has set him up for the rest of the series, BB’s “irregular body” is going to play more of a role beyond his two OP fruits. If Imu can square up, then this Nika retcon would make sense there too. Doesn’t change the fact that it is wack tho.

Sengoku can literally transform into a Buddha but Luffy couldn’t transform into his Nika form without awakening? There needs to be an explanation as to why

Damn Kid and Law cant get close to Luffy now.
Power ups after power ups we uses all the power ups Luffy will have in the series tbh.

Maybe he masteres his Arsenal. No WG member is close to his strength rn. Except BB.

There is no story in Wano either. This arc has just been nonstop fights and Powerups, so there is no substance here that Oda can afford to write sub-par fights and have the story distract the reader like he usually does.

When your story arc has no story and is just a series of below-average/shit fights, you wind up with a below-average/shit arc which is what Wano is.
You just sound like a karen at this point
Pleasd vanish for another 1-2 months and clear your head

They were going to take down a Yonko and their forces, tf did you expect the arc to be about homie? Your critiques are so stupid

D

Deleted member 10278

Sengoku can literally transform into a Buddha but Luffy couldn’t transform into his Nika form without awakening? There needs to be an explanation as to why
You can’t explain nonsense, you can only waffle about it. The only explanation is that it is a retcon, and an abhorrent one at that.

Im so happy his awakening isnt reincarnation and that he just has toon force now
Tbh, the toonforce stuff is even better than the oil/resin/amber stuff since Luffy remains rubber whilst pulling ridiculous toonforce physics on his enemies.

And for people who deny it, there's really no point unless the fan or even viz translation clears it up:

Gorousei: "His body has the properties of rubber.
And he can fight in any way he wishes... Making people smile wherever he goes.
He is the “Warrior of Liberation”, also known as...
“Nika, the Sun God”.
Awakening will give the rubber body even more “strength” and “freedom”.
It is said that...
it's the most ridiculous power in the world!!"
Luffy: "...
I feel like I can do anything I want...!!
My heartbeat sounds so fun!!

This is my highest peak...!!
This is... “Gear Fith”!!!”
Luffy pulls Kaidou up (Kaidou's eyes popping out, like a cartoon) and drags him easily to the roof. Luffy then increases his muscle mass (as in the leaked picture) and starts spinning wildly Kaidou's body. Kaidou's face looks again like a cartoon, his eyes are popping out one more time.
Luffy grabs the ground with his hands and stretches it out, causing the ground turns into rubber. Kaidou's “Bolo Breath” hits the ground, but since it's now rubber, it doesn't get destroyed and holds back the attack. Luffy changes back to his muscled form and pulls the piece of ground, causing the “Bolo Breath” bounces back to Kaidou. There's a huge explosion.
There's definitely a portion of toonforce in Luffy's new G5, it affects him and his enemies.
And about toonforce in general, read this:

Toon Force is an ability quite similar to Reality Warping only that is typically for comedic effect. It is the ability to replace or apply absurd laws of the universe; the user gains the ability to bend to or even outright overhaul the traditional laws of physics and reality itself at will to create those that are much more lenient in what can and cannot happen
Toonforce is always associated by making different laws of physics when it is for comedic purposes. Here, Luffy apparently influences things which he finds funny. The Gorosei's statement support this even more.

Now there it is, Luffy uses toon force but the thing is, toon force can't be generalized. Only because Luffy has toonforce doesn't mean his is automatically able to do what other powerful characters with toonforce are able to do so. Arale still shitstomps Luffy and the entire verse.

Luffy needs to show feats how much his toonforce affects other characters and their abilities. It's still a form of reality warping though, or let's say "semi-reality warping".

Luffy ate a human fruit model nika, Kaido ate fish fruit model dragon. Don’t move the goalpost
I'm not moving the goalpost lmao

Kaido always WAS a dragon. Luffy always WAS Nika. Nika gives him rubber powers. Kaido's fruit gives him dragon powers. That's it. Luffy doesn't have different zoan forms because it's a human fruit, he can't change into a hybrid or full zoan. The awakening for Nika exaggerates his rubber powers and makes him far stronger.

If an animal ate it, like Chopper, then he'd have other forms along with mythical powers like Rubber. Think of Marco or Kaido. They have forms because their zoan forms are not human AND they have separate powers because that's what Mythical Zoans provide.

Sengoku's is a Daibutsu, but who knows if that was awakening or not for him. We have nothing to compare it to.

His base rubber form is his base Nika form. It's that simple. Luffy was always a goofy looney toons character, he's now just extra looney than before with his awakening. Nothing changed expect the name of his fruit. Fondamentally it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.