Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE 974: ONWARD TO ONIGASHIMA

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the manga draws 3 pirate captains beginning their assault against Kaido forces, with their crew, and everybody's going crazy and blowing it out of proportion.

If people paid attention to the manga they would realized we are getting ready to have a another mini flashback. The manga has to go back to the night before the show what led up to this point.

First half of the chapter was a decent enough translation, but stilted. Don't have a clue about the second half though. Whose the "messy one?" Is it Luffy that's jabbering about the "me" that ate? What does that even mean?

Anyway, Kanjuro's the one I thought had the best chances of being the traitor, so glad that paid out. Good to see that, yeah, he's totally nuts and all, but like Orochi, he's got good reason for being the way he is. Commit genocide against an entire family for the sins of the father and it's no wonder they tend not to respond well. Think Oda's going to have to give one of the two some forgiveness at the end of the arc, and acknowledge that they were done wrong.

Also it'll be fun to go back and look at what Kanjuro's done in the past with this knowledge. Big one that stands out for me is when he randomly covered Kine'mon's eyes so they got hit by the wee monkey mink and got stopped from going to Zou. Curious to see what he'll be capable of fighting wise.

Also, has he been ugly Shinobu the whole time? Does that explain her randomly screaming when Nami was in the rafters with her? Is hot Shinobu somewhere else?

Have to say, though, not sure why we needed to have that weird bit with him apparently wanting to die with Oden. Why not just have him use one of his art clones? Seems a bit unnecessary, though probably set up for the eventual, if not redemption, but forgiveness, for Kanjuro. Acknowledgement that the guys been so fucked up that he'd willingly die, unlike Orochi whose a cowardly little rat in every respects.

The Kurozumi's giving Kanjuro the specific fruit he needed also reinforces me being very curious as to why Orochi was given his fruit. It surely must have a use

Great scene with them busting out the sea though. Sadly means that we aren't getting that Luffy free volume that I thought we would, chances are this chapter is the last one in Volume 96.

Let battle commence, I guess. I don't actually think they are going to fail, unlike most people. I'm considering this moment to be the equivalent of the Sea Train crashing into EL.
Forgiveness is one thing, but this isn't Naruto. They have gone far beyond being reasonable and just want an excuse to see people suffer. I agree what people did to them was shit, but on the other hand what they are doing right now is inexecusable.

Forgiveness is one thing, but this isn't Naruto. They have gone far beyond being reasonable and just want an excuse to see people suffer. I agree what people did to them was shit, but on the other hand what they are doing right now is inexecusable.
I'm not wanting some horror "Orochi was the coolest guy" stuff.

Just an acknowledgement by the Kozuki's that yeah, they played a big part in causing Orochi and Kanjuro to be the way they were. Although I suppose maybe the atonement dance from Oden counts for that, I dunno.

Just an acknowledgement by the Kozuki's that yeah, they played a big part in causing Orochi and Kanjuro to be the way they were. Although I suppose maybe the atonement dance from Oden counts for that, I dunno.
But neither Oden or Sukiyaki were responsible for what happened. They are innocent in this too.

Plus, I don't think for a second that even if they didn't hunt down and try to kill all of the Korozumi clan that this wasn't going to happen anyway. The old witch woman is crazy af.

I don't know for sure if the Kozuki's actually played a part in the persecution. Or it went over their radar and wasn't aware of it. While what happened to them was horrible, it showed that appeasement didn't work Orochi and he keeps on escalating. These men don't want to be salvaged trying to do so is futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.