Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this has nothing to do with Buggy and Shanks, this has to do with the cahracterization of Tama throughout the arc, whivh indicate CLEARLY that Tama wants to protect Momo.

It's non negociable, if Momo Joins, Tama will follow.

Just like she should, Tama is like Luffy on that parameter, it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be with him. Just that she is disrespectfull

Tama is foundamentaly linked to Momo, by the characterization, the story and the situations. This has nothing to do with Yamato.

If Momo joins, you can expect Tama to grow just like him.

No. dancing is not enough. Showing carrot won't be enough. It has to be a focus on the character.
Won't join tho

What? How is that not a promise?
compare it to:
He didn't, there's only one promise.

Tama is foundamentaly linked to Momo, by the characterization, the story and the situations. This has nothing to do with Yamato.
You mean the're a both kids and... that it? but Momo isn't a kid anymore so...
What characterization are you on about?
Her realtionship with luffy is way more important then with Momo
Again, all of Act 1 and Act 3 was Tama being with the strawhats
and even when she and Momo (and Chopper) were toguether in Act2 the main thing on her mind was saving Luffy from Udon

Just like she should, Tama is like Luffy on that parameter, it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be with him. Just that she is disrespectfull
Just like she should?? A reteinner shouldn't be disrespectfull.

You mean the're a both kids and... that it? but Momo isn't a kid anymore so...
What characterization are you on about?
It's a dynamic thing. Oda has been consciously putting Tama and Momo as (almost) unseparable opposite entity. When Momo cries, Tama is cheerful, when Momo is afraid, Tama is careless etc. Etc. That's a siblings trope Oda has been using a lot in the past (ex: Carrot & Chopper who are very diffferent in front of situations but still incredibly close)

The thing to understand is that this dynamic serves as a catalysis for both characterization and future.

Both kids have a strong desire: Momo wants to be Shogun and Tama a kunoichi. So.. Oda would be wise not to break that dynamic and I think he won't. Tama has been created as the representation of the "people" side of the Country while Momo is the representation of it's history. That's why both must act in tandem.

So.. if Momo decides to travel to learn about power and his importance.. Tama will instantly follow, the thing is, Tama is too young physically so it's possible that Oda will do the same thing he did with Momo: Grow.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of that possibility but it could bring some cool and funny moments.

Right now, Momo is unlikely to join the crew, but if it had to happens there would be a LOT of new Nakama

Just like she should?? A reteinner shouldn't be disrespectfull.
In feodal Japan.. yes. But One Piece is anarchist/revolutionnary. So it's logical that the closer you get to someone with Power, the more likely you are to question their power. Tama is like Luffy on that front, she cares about Momo, so she will probably try to protect him with her life, but she doesn't care about his status.

So you're saying that they haven't really interacted much and are nothing alike...
that must mean that they're meant to be a pair
and that she doesn't respect his authority...
which means that she'll become his follower.
:nicagesmile:
I can see how this kind of logic would lead one to believe that Carrot is the most likely candidate for strawhat :doffytroll:

So you're saying that they haven't really interacted much and are nothing alike...

Wrong. I'm saying that Momo and Tama are complementary.

I can see how this kind of logic would lead one to believe that Carrot is the most likely candidate for strawhat
This is a basic narrative logic mate. The more the character are complementary, the most likely you will see them together.

I'm really not sure what Oda's plan for Yamato is at this point. Luffy just defeated Kaido, Yamato's father who was holding her back all these years, and Yamato was just yelling at Momo the entire fight. It didn't really feel like the story was emphasizing her here, and that's strange considering that she might become a main character
Compare that to when Luffy beat Lucci and the story emphasized Robin's reaction to Luffy's victory
Or in the climax of the Arlong fight when we got this page of Nami's relief at seeing Luffy destroy the place of her oppression

It feels strange that Momo got emphasized more in this chapter than Yamato if she's gonna be the next Strawhat.
It is actually simple. Contrary to popular belief (only popular in this circus show thread), Yamao is actually going to join Nine Red Scabbards, replacing Kanjuro.
Of course she is always bonding with her new ruler.

This is a basic narrative logic mate. The more the character are complementary, the most likely you will see them together.
That explains why we're seeing Momo and Yamato together so much

You claim to be some type of english literature expert, but you don't even realize that Carrot doesn't even rhyme with Nakama.
Yamato spelled backwards is Otama, so at least she has that going for her .:kayneshrug:

You claim to be some type of english literature expert
I'm not an expert and will most likely never be one. I'm just trying to put my knowledge into the craft. I'm just an analyst.

That explains why we're seeing Momo and Yamato together so much
Indeed. Yamato and Momo are very complementary. That's why for the moment, I don't think Momo will follow Luffy. Simply because the trio Momo / Tama / Yamato is bound to stay together.

why isnt caribou in the poll mid thread
Caribou joining is relative to Carrot joining, one cannot join without the other... Consider Caribou having the same votes as Carrot...

This has been written in the elder scrolls for years...

Yes. Narratively, the three characters are complementary. So, you can expect them to be together at the end.
No correlation between Yamato and Tama...

Best example of a correlated trio would be Zou, Carrot and grass...

Status
Not open for further replies.