Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take for the last 2-3 pages:
  • Raizo will join because the scrolls have spoken... Scrolls are more reliable source of information than a blog...
  • Tama will stay in Wano and be a Momo retainer and lead the SMILE army... SMILE army are necessary to strengthen Wano's military and they know how to utilize the existing resources...
  • Wano arc has been a roller coaster ride in terms of its execution... So many opportunities missed out...
  • Most importantly, Carrot won't join...

"Yamato can't join because her introduction was so sudden and rushed and her motivations are so cookie-cutter and run of the mill, and her flashback is short and shit, and she doesn't have a defined role in the ship, and she's too much of an Oden wanker in an arc already full of it, and she's also an Ace wanker that wasn't needed at all after Tama, and she hasn't interacted with any Strawhat in a meaningful way and she's too strong, and the only thing she has succesfully done is stall Kaido for a few minutes and be a cheerleader and spectator for Momo, and her combat abilities are literally Kaido kanabo spamming 2.0 and she's a Mary Sue with yet another Mythical Zoan that has pending lore all written over it, and if she's the last crewmember that closes the crew she doesn't have any weight to her character..."

Gee, I WONDER why there is any doubt that a character introduced at the last second possible in an arc full of horrible pacing and picked and dropped subplots and whose treatment has been confusing and not satisfying and it feels like there are so many things missing is DEFINITELY joining the crew.

Why is it easier to accept that "no, she can't join because it will be shit considering all of these things" instead of "I guess Oda's ability to handle characters in a meaningful way since the timeskip has been severely lacking".

It will happen and people will still deny it even when Oda addresses all the stuff about Yamato joining in half a chapter or something, just like he did with the so long-awaited Kaido's characterization and motivations.

Please, accept that Wano has been horseshit, Yamato is joining, move on.
Do you know what a "red herring" is? Serious question

Do you know what a "red herring" is? Serious question
For Yamato to be a red herring, there has to be someone else joining instead. Who do you think that is? I honestly agree with some of the points against Yamato, it's just that there's no other character that has enough going for them to make sense as the real answer, except maybe Law.

For Yamato to be a red herring, there has to be someone else joining instead. Who do you think that is? I honestly agree with some of the points against Yamato, it's just that there's no other character that has enough going for them to make sense as the real answer, except maybe Law.
.. come on now

If you want my actual opinion, I'd probably say Vivi.

1. She's already an established character who doesn't need to be developed any further, which is especially good for a story that's going into its final act
2. It's outright stated that she'll be considered a crewmate next time she runs into the crew
3. She's coming back into the story and is being set up for a major role alongside Sabo in the next arcs
4. Alabasta is likely threatened by the WG, so it would make sense for her to ally with the people who are going to topple it

The only real argument against her joining is her not being strong enough, but even then that could get handwaved by her getting stronger offscreen

Like I said before keep telling yourself that cause both the manga and anime doesn't seem like that to us 🤗,
I know you guyz don't see that. Most of you are reading the manga like normal readers. You don't dive deeper enough into the analysis of the different elements, but that's ok, because of that, you will be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.