Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Carrot hater here are you mate ?
Stop it already, Master. What else am I supposed to do for you to believe my sincere feelings towards you and Carrot? I've done enough!
You want me to keep spreading the holy news of Carrot the Nakama? I will keep doing it? You want me to keep reading the scriptures of your blog? Hell If I haven't done that from the minute you wrote them. WHAT ELSE? You want me to sacrifice a baby and make a nun eat raw parts of his severed limbs? GOD KNOWS I FUKIN WILL! JUST COMMAND ME WHAT TO DO.

You yourself, and you.
We finally understand, All along you have made yourself a martyr, Acting as a Carrot Lover in order for us to hate her, Directing us closer and Closer to Yamato.
You have played the 8D chess from the very beginning.
:smart:
Stop it already, Master. What else am I supposed to do for you to believe my sincere feelings towards you and Carrot? I've done enough!
You want me to keep spreading the holy news of Carrot the Nakama? I will keep doing it? You want me to keep reading the scriptures of your blog? Hell If I haven't done that from the minute you wrote them. WHAT ELSE? You want me to sacrifice a baby and make a nun eat raw parts of his severed limbs? GOD KNOWS I FUKIN WILL! JUST COMMAND ME WHAT TO DO.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I will keep going back to the end of Dressrosa because thats where I think most arguments can be drawn from regarding the end of Wano. Im expecting Luffy to initially reject Yamato's plea to join his crew. This is precedent becausew in Ch. 800, Luffy quotes "I don't want to be some kind of big shot. I don't have to be a boss or a great pirate, right?!" Luffy subtly rejected the Grand Fleet's plea, but it never had that much effect because Zoro ended up drinking the sake that was poured for Luffy. I anticipate that Yamato (I guess) will not be swayed that much and attempt to shoe herself onto the ship. This is where I see Luffy giving her a test of ability, Insert Oden flashback here yada yada yada. Am I saying this will happen? No, just food for thought.
Interesting theory, but based on how he reacted to the formation of the Grand Fleet, I doubt he’d then make Yamato do some shit like WB did to Oden just to prove what she says is true, he’s not really like that. Bartolomeo, Cavendish, and the others never asked to specifically join the Straw Hat Pirates, they just pledged their support as allies both before and after Luffy told them how he felt about the idea; I don’t recall any times when someone explicitly asked to join his crew and he turned them down, so it’s hard to believe the big brains around here who think he’s suddenly gonna do something super out of character to someone who couldn’t be more clear about wanting to travel with him :moonwalk:

Interesting theory, but based on how he reacted to the formation of the Grand Fleet, I doubt he’d then make Yamato do some shit like WB did to Oden just to prove what she says is true, he’s not really like that. Bartolomeo, Cavendish, and the others never asked to specifically join the Straw Hat Pirates, they just pledged their support as allies both before and after Luffy told them how he felt about the idea; I don’t recall any times when someone explicitly asked to join his crew and he turned them down, so it’s hard to believe the big brains around here who think he’s suddenly gonna do something super out of character to someone who couldn’t be more clear about wanting to travel with him :moonwalk:
It's never been about Luffy accepting or rejecting anyone. It's about the character natural development. I think if Yamato ends up finding freedom somewhere else (beside Momo, helping restore Wano, whatever) is as valid as trying to search freedom within the crew. If she just wants to be on the crew from the moment she is introduced, it's hard to believe there's been much development there. On the contrary, learning what true freedom means on a psychological level is much more satisfying than believing she has to put geographic distance between her and her father or act just like Oden to be free. Freedom is not about miles, it's about a position in life. She could still be imprisoned in the Sunny or she could be as free as ever in Wano. It's up to her.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It's never been about Luffy accepting or rejecting anyone. It's about the character natural development. I think if Yamato ends up finding freedom somewhere else (beside Momo, helping restore Wano, whatever) is as valid as trying to search freedom within the crew. If she just wants to be on the crew from the moment she is introduced, it's hard to believe there's been much development there. On the contrary, learning what true freedom means on a psychological level is much more satisfying than believing she has to put geographic distance between her and her father or act just like Oden to be free. Freedom is not about miles, it's about a position in life.
You’re saying this while staunchly defending a character with less development than most tertiary figures in any given arc and absolutely zero discernible substance or narrative importance besides the fact, so forgive me if I discount what you’re saying straight out of hand…or don’t! It’s a free country for a few more weeks! :hapnoel:

You’re saying this while staunchly defending a character with less development than most tertiary figures in any given arc and absolutely zero discernible substance or narrative importance besides the fact, so forgive me if I discount what you’re saying straight out of hand…or don’t! It’s a free country for a few more weeks! :hapnoel:
Where do you live? Nothing is free where I’m from 🤣

I'm saying this. Period. The rest is irrelevant, unless you can't reply my argument, of course.

It's never been about Luffy accepting or rejecting anyone. It's about the character natural development. I think if Yamato ends up finding freedom somewhere else (beside Momo, helping restore Wano, whatever) is as valid as trying to search freedom within the crew. If she just wants to be on the crew from the moment she is introduced, it's hard to believe there's been much development there. On the contrary, learning what true freedom means on a psychological level is much more satisfying than believing she has to put geographic distance between her and her father or act just like Oden to be free. Freedom is not about miles, it's about a position in life. She could still be imprisoned in the Sunny or she could be as free as ever in Wano. It's up to her.
"She could still be imprisoned in the Sunny or she could be as free as ever in Wano. It's up to her" This is problematic. First Yamato's explicit desire (not dream) is to leave Wano once-and-for-all. It was supposed to be with the Spade pirates, but we know why thats not the case. The only person she can leave with is Ace's brother Luffy. Second, the sea (at least in One Piece) is the ultimate vestige for freedom. According to Foucault, the boat on the seas is not bound by human law but by the nature of the ocean currents and weather you name it. Unless someone is literally imprisoned on a ship, the boat is the ultimate vessel of freedom on the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.