Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much later? because Wano is almost over, removing the need of the minks
Later.. Meaning after Wano. People seems to think Carrot needs to become important to join. It's wrong. In fact Carrot don't really need a single panel to sneak aboard the Sunny again, we know enough about her to know that this is something she could do again.

She will only need something to be RECRUITED/officialized after. So yes, if Carrot joins, she is bound to have a story later, on Elbaf or elsewhere but not on Wano.

A note of showcasing the Sulong form, not showing her worth as a straw hat
IT'S showing her worth as a strawhat because 888 is directly linked to her post.

to learn anymore about the dawn, and with Wano coming to a close the Mink will have completed their roles with the Kouzuki
And this is indeed something that Carrot might learn before the end of Wano or after.

the needs of her people is more important than her desire to go out to sea, a theme that Oda has shown in the series a number of times, being Vivi in Alabasta and the Shandorians in Skypeia
No. Not in the case of Carrot. Carrot went over all of this the moment she decided to sneak on the Sunny telling noone. From that moment, Carrot freed herself from any responsibilities, so unless she learns something about the dawn and therefore uses that as a treigger to join again, Carrot as no ties strong enough with the minks to stay on Zou. Her love for adventure is much stronger.

arc characters are secondary/SIDE CHARCTERS
Secondary characters are not side characters. At least not in my designation, but that's not really important.

Carrot got into Wano with Luffy's group and after they regrouped with Kinemon she went to join Inu at the Mountain to meet
Because she was assignated a mission by Kin : to gather weapons. But Carrot went back directly to the strawhats once that mission as over. So she spent best of her time with them.

there are multiple characters who have been taken out by worse and comple back multiple times Carrot didnt even get up from the ground
The thing is, Carrot'ds defeat was not only physical, but psychological. Perospero not only destroyed Carrot, but he humiliated her. That's why Carrot only recovered once Perospero was defeated. At least that's how we can analyse the storyline.

Carrot had no purpose in this arc and will have no purpose going forward since the Minks have duties to the Kouzuki and will remain in or near Wano
Don't worry, she will ;)

No its not and Yamato has had more meaningful interactions with Luffy... the Captain
Nah the interaction of Yamato and Luffy are pretty flat narratively.

which we've already seen Yamato do
Wrong, again, Yamato NEVER asked Luffy to join the crew, reread the panel.

Carrot would be likely to form a new Nox Pirates with Wanda and adventure there, no need or mention of wanting to go out with the straw hats specifically
1. Carrot is not a leader, so their is no reason she would form anything.
2. Carrot is liked to wonders, she cares for that, she loves that and only the strawhat crew can bring a full load of that
3. It's not really in Carrot's character to ask. So that probably won't happen, if Carrot wants to join, she will just sneak onboard.

he'll take over the beast pirates (which no, she hates her father and his crew) or go out with Momo, which makes no sense because she only feels responsible for him due to her father being an invader of Wano, once he is gone Yamato has no responsibility to the country what so ever except that they'll be friends
Right now I only think Yamato will take care of Momo, meaning will stay by his side as a guide and a trainer.

participation in the arc that serves to help further or keep the arc from ending until Luffy came back and was ready to fight, while Carrot's entire contribution was neither, her fight with Pero Spero was meaningless to the overall succes or failure of the arc and the central plot
The difference is: Carrot's fight is directly linked to her character arc and her place on the sea. Yamato's fight is only linked to Wano minus that one interaction with Kaido. That's why I said "good feat, but not enough to help her on the race to the strawhat's flag"

regarless they are still Warriors of the country who command their own people, and this system was more than enough to keep the country safe for hundreds of years that even the World Government
Before Kaido, the gouvernment had no idea of the forces of the country. But now, they know. That's why they are coming NOW. It took the entire alliance and three pirate crew to take down the BigMom/Kaido alliance, now Imagine the gouvernment is coming with 1/2 of that force, they will need everyone and more. Yamato staying on Wano is more than likely on that condition.

youre right they have, its not like theres not a huge party thats about to take place where Yamato will have everyone to meet up with, that'd just be crazy
Of course, we will see, but that's a little late don't you think ?

but i guess there are no other straw hats that only met a fraction of the crew for a hot sec and never talked to them again until they joined
Antagonist interaction is still interaction and she interacted also with the crew in Rainbase if I'm not mistaken (Not sure of that)

You are a fucking moron
That's not nice

Carrot is important to she has character arcs that so pivitol, and there is no acceptance of the dangers of the sea, she a mink theyre conditioned to be warriors from birth
Of course there is, that her whole character arc mate. Carrot is naive by essence, she had to be scolded again and again of the danger of the seas and even then she did not listen, her interaction with Perospero is directly mentionning that.

That's the WHOLE point of her character arc : to learn that the seas is not always all funzies but that can be hurtfull to, it's supposed to make her doubt. And that's not "big" it's just a setup for her definitive character arc later. It's just something Carrot has to learn.

if she was so afraid or needed to accept anything before fighting again she wouldnt be fighting in this War
There is a difference in fighting while thinking the sea was injust to you and fighting while knowing that danger is something that can happen.. it's the different between being naive and wise.

and she wont join because she has a duty to the Minks and the Kouzuki,
No she doesn't.

she'll join the newly formed Nox pirates
Unlikely, With Carrot treatment, only the post of Second or Captain would feel logical, Carrot is not a leader and was specifically characterize through the strawhats and WITH the strawhats, so if Carrot has to embark on a adventure, it's with the strawhats nowhere else.

You've been saying her arc will come for a long time now, with nothing to back it except your labyrinthine "analysis" that only you seem to understand
Maybe because I'm the one who worked the most on Carrot's case in the entire fanbase from a narrative point of view. There is a lot of characters that I don't take the time to understand, but I do understand Carrot's journey quite well, that just what it is.. you either have the choice to believe me and my argumentation, or stay on your ground.. either way, you will be surprised.

at this point youre telling people to wait for the pay-off
More like the setup, I think Carrot's joining will just be a setup for a closer storyline down the line.

Everytime you have a theory based on your analysis that ends up being wrong you backtrack and say it was just a hypothosis and it doesnt matter
1. I only made ONE Theory (the Carrot for Nakama theory. The rest are just hypothesis, guesses.
2. When those hypothesis are proven wrong I say that I'm wrong.. don't search to much into it mate. I never backtrack I only make explanations and more hypothesis.

For example, I was wrong on Carrot reacting to Luffy defeating Kaido, but it doesn't mean that I was wrong to believe in that possibility or to believe that there is one more moment for Carrot - during the banquet - that would help in the validation of the theory. When i'm wrong, I say it, don't worry, I have no problem with my ego.

You said Carrot would see Luffy in Gear 5 and be reminded of Pedro, despite her not doing anything to know what the DAWN was or know that Joyboy had anything to do with it in the first place
And it never happened, I was therefore wrong, Are you satisfied ?

then when she didnt even show up in the chapter you say it was just a hypothosis and that it only lowers her chances a little
Because it was. From the moment I came here in october, I have always made the distinction between and hypothesis (a guess) and a theory (a strong argumentation composed of multiple work around, different clues and proof, facts and narrative basis etc.) the problem is that you guys never gave up the fanbase mindset being that all guesses are theories. And I'm sorry but I don't agree with that reasonning, it's anti scientific and it hurts critical thinking. Hypothesis are not theories. Never were.

Well that's not nice.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, well the chapter's spoiler are about to drop so I'm out until the release. So long o/

Last edited:
Later.. Meaning after Wano. People seems to think Carrot needs to become important to join. It's wrong. In fact Carrot don't really need a single panel to sneak aboard the Sunny again, we know enough about her to know that this is something she could do again.

She will only need something to be RECRUITED/officialized after. So yes, if Carrot joins, she is bound to have a story later, on Elbaf or elsewhere but not on Wano.

IT'S showing her worth as a strawhat because 888 is directly linked to her post.

And this is indeed something that Carrot might learn before the end of Wano or after.

No. Not in the case of Carrot. Carrot went over all of this the moment she decided to sneak on the Sunny telling noone. From that moment, Carrot freed herself from any responsibilities, so unless she learns something about the dawn and therefore uses that as a treigger to join again, Carrot as no ties strong enough with the minks to stay on Zou. Her love for adventure is much stronger.

Secondary characters are not side characters. At least not in my designation, but that's not really important.

Because she was assignated a mission by Kin : to gather weapons. But Carrot went back directly to the strawhats once that mission as over. So she spent best of her time with them.

The thing is, Carrot'ds defeat was not only physical, but psychological. Perospero not only destroyed Carrot, but he humiliated her. That's why Carrot only recovered once Perospero was defeated. At least that's how we can analyse the storyline.

Don't worry, she will ;)

Nah the interaction of Yamato and Luffy are pretty flat narratively.

Wrong, again, Yamato NEVER asked Luffy to join the crew, reread the panel.

1. Carrot is not a leader, so their is no reason she would form anything.
2. Carrot is liked to wonders, she cares for that, she loves that and only the strawhat crew can bring a full load of that
3. It's not really in Carrot's character to ask. So that probably won't happen, if Carrot wants to join, she will just sneak onboard.

Right now I only think Yamato will take care of Momo, meaning will stay by his side as a guide and a trainer.

The difference is: Carrot's fight is directly linked to her character arc and her place on the sea. Yamato's fight is only linked to Wano minus that one interaction with Kaido. That's why I said "good feat, but not enough to help her on the race to the strawhat's flag"

Before Kaido, the gouvernment had no idea of the forces of the country. But now, they know. That's why they are coming NOW. It took the entire alliance and three pirate crew to take down the BigMom/Kaido alliance, now Imagine the gouvernment is coming with 1/2 of that force, they will need everyone and more. Yamato staying on Wano is more than likely on that condition.

Of course, we will see, but that's a little late don't you think ?

Antagonist interaction is still interaction and she interacted also with the crew in Rainbase if I'm not mistaken (Not sure of that)

That's not nice

Of course there is, that her whole character arc mate. Carrot is naive by essence, she had to be scolded again and again of the danger of the seas and even then she did not listen, her interaction with Perospero is directly mentionning that.

That's the WHOLE point of her character arc : to learn that the seas is not always all funzies but that can be hurtfull to, it's supposed to make her doubt. And that's not "big" it's just a setup for her definitive character arc later. It's just something Carrot has to learn.

There is a difference in fighting while thinking the sea was injust to you and fighting while knowing that danger is something that can happen.. it's the different between being naive and wise.

No she doesn't.

Unlikely, With Carrot treatment, only the post of Second or Captain would feel logical, Carrot is not a leader and was specifically characterize through the strawhats and WITH the strawhats, so if Carrot has to embark on a adventure, it's with the strawhats nowhere else.

Maybe because I'm the one who worked the most on Carrot's case in the entire fanbase from a narrative point of view. There is a lot of characters that I don't take the time to understand, but I do understand Carrot's journey quite well, that just what it is.. you either have the choice to believe me and my argumentation, or stay on your ground.. either way, you will be surprised.

More like the setup, I think Carrot's joining will just be a setup for a closer storyline down the line.

1. I only made ONE Theory (the Carrot for Nakama theory. The rest are just hypothesis, guesses.
2. When those hypothesis are proven wrong I say that I'm wrong.. don't search to much into it mate. I never backtrack I only make explanations and more hypothesis.

For example, I was wrong on Carrot reacting to Luffy defeating Kaido, but it doesn't mean that I was wrong to believe in that possibility or to believe that there is one more moment for Carrot - during the banquet - that would help in the validation of the theory. When i'm wrong, I say it, don't worry, I have no problem with my ego.

And it never happened, I was therefore wrong, Are you satisfied ?

Because it was. From the moment I came here in october, I have always made the distinction between and hypothesis (a guess) and a theory (a strong argumentation composed of multiple work around, different clues and proof, facts and narrative basis etc.) the problem is that you guys never gave up the fanbase mindset being that all guesses are theories. And I'm sorry but I don't agree with that reasonning, it's anti scientific and it hurts critical thinking. Hypothesis are not theories. Never were.

Well that's not nice.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, well the chapter's spoiler are about to drop so I'm out until the release. So long o/

E lot of the same you have said and we’ve debunked. Her chances to sneak on are 0 as she has done that and oda will not repeat himself. The first time she did that it was because she really wanted to go on an adventure. She has done that, experienced that and now she will go home and grow and once she has matured as a 🥕 she might and up useful. Like in a stew or something :suresure:

Remember not to spam this thread with posts alluding to spoilers if they have something to do with the topic.

Doesn’t just apply to this week either.

If the spoilers come out and there’s lots of :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::myman::myman::suresure::suresure::steef::steef: and things like that posted here it‘s as good as saying what happens in the chapter
Have you received a PM in the last two hours from a concerned furry that is misteriously insistent that this thread shouldn't be filled with spoilers this week, by any chance?

:ihaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.