Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.
Naruto by far lol. Kishimoto doesn't bait his readers and Kishimoto doesn't rely solely on mysteries to have an interesting story. Oda baits his readers way too much to the point where it is very disingenuous. Plot lines that are suppose to be resolved get resolved in Naruto whereas in One Piece we come out of Wano with more questions than we entered. That is insane. Why does Oda refuse to answer fundamental questions after 1000+ chapters and 25 years?

I will make a thread comparing final War arc of Naruto and Wano. Final war arc of Naruto is leagues better than Wano even though the final war arc was Kishi's worse arc.

Naruto by far lol. Kishimoto doesn't bait his readers and Kishimoto doesn't rely solely on mysteries to have an interesting story. Oda baits his readers way too much to the point where it is very disingenuous. Plot lines that are suppose to be resolved get resolved in Naruto whereas in One Piece we come out of Wano with more questions than we entered. That is insane. Why does Oda refuse to answer fundamental questions after 1000+ chapters and 25 years?

I will make a thread comparing final War arc of Naruto and Wano. Final war arc of Naruto is leagues better than Wano even though the final war arc was Kishi's worse arc.
But wano is not the final arc of One Piece, wouldn't it be more logical to compare it to Pein?

as bad as one piece has become. Naduto has even more blazingly bad moments.

in Naruto atleast we got 8 gates gai, neji dying was lame and all I really wanted to see was Naruto proclaiming the hyuuga will no longer put curse seals on their kids.

atleast when Naruto characters were running around it looked cool.

It will be a slaughter if I compared Wano with the Pain arc. The War arc has been consistently hated among a lot of fans so that is why I chose that.
I think the Pein arc is a bit over hyped.
The built up to pein is fantastic one of the best arc in shonen probably.
But i cannot not dislike all the growth of Naruto thrown away for kyubi to solve the situation all over again like every arc.
And as I said before, all the weight of the arc is liften when everybody resurrects. It was like dragon ball, except all over again.
Wish Kishimoto had the courage to let the character dead, but shonen is shonen..

I think the Pein arc is a bit over hyped.
The built up to pein is fantastic one of the best arc in shonen probably.
But i cannot not dislike all the growth of Naruto thrown away for kyubi to solve the situation all over again like every arc.
And as I said before, all the weight of the arc is liften when everybody resurrects. It was like dragon ball, except all over again.
Wish Kishimoto had the courage to let the character dead, but shonen is shonen..
  1. Naruto doesn't defeat pain with Kyubi nor does Kyubi solve any of the situation.
  2. I don't mind the resurrection and I think it was the better story to resurrect them than to have them all die. Jirarya already made the needed sacrifice. And if they weren't ressurrected than that shatters the whole concept and character of Nagato. We don't need useless deaths in Naruto unlike Izo/Ashura, etc.

1. Naruto doesn't defeat pain with Kyubi nor does Kyubi solve any of the situation.
  2. I don't mind the resurrection and I think it was the better story to resurrect them than to have them all die. Jirarya already made the needed sacrifice. And if they weren't ressurrected than that shatters the whole concept and character of Nagato. We don't need useless deaths in Naruto unlike Izo/Ashura, etc.
Naruto does defeat pain with the help of kyubi, just after Hinata shows up and he is incapacitated, don't you remember?
From the wiki:As they talk, Pain is attacked by Hinata Hyūga, who makes a desperate attempt to save Naruto. The Deva Path deals with her easily and apparently kills her. Her seeming death enrages Naruto, causing him to enter a version 2 state. Unprepared to fight Naruto in this state, the Deva Path leads Naruto closer to Nagato's location so that it can use Chibaku Tensei. Naruto enters a nearly full Tailed Beast Mode and escapes its confines, forcing Pain to let the Chibaku Tensei dissolve.

I kinda agree on the second point, but it does remove a lot of stakes and is a big fake out at the same time, which are some of the main criticism of wano. (Not the only ones)

Naruto does defeat pain with the help of kyubi, just after Hinata shows up and he is incapacitated, don't you remember?
From the wiki:As they talk, Pain is attacked by Hinata Hyūga, who makes a desperate attempt to save Naruto. The Deva Path deals with her easily and apparently kills her. Her seeming death enrages Naruto, causing him to enter a version 2 state. Unprepared to fight Naruto in this state, the Deva Path leads Naruto closer to Nagato's location so that it can use Chibaku Tensei. Naruto enters a nearly full Tailed Beast Mode and escapes its confines, forcing Pain to let the Chibaku Tensei dissolve.
I kinda agree on the second point, but it does remove a lot of stakes and is a big fake out at the same time, which are some of the main criticism of wano. (Not the only ones)
  1. Naruto doesn't defeat Pain with Kyubi dude. Pain's whole point is to EXTRACT Kyubi from Naruto. That is Pain's mission so of course we are going to get a scene of Kyubi and Pain fighting. Naruto after his talk with his dad turns back into his sage mode and defeats the last Pain in his base form.
  2. The stake dynamics are totally different between Pain arc and Wano. Nagato's whole character is about creating a better world and the stakes already occurred with Jiraya's death. Whereas Wano is about two brute Yonko forces who at the beginning of the arc are far stronger than the alliance but the Yonkos end up being fodderized with no stakes. And Oda overuses fake outs which is why people complain. He does fake outs all the time. Kishimoto doesn't do fake outs until the Pain arc but it was handled really well.

1. Naruto doesn't defeat Pain with Kyubi dude. Pain's whole point is to EXTRACT Kyubi from Naruto. That is Pain's mission so of course we are going to get a scene of Kyubi and Pain fighting. Naruto after his talk with his dad turns back into his sage mode and defeats the last Pain in his base form.
  2. The stake dynamics are totally different between Pain arc and Wano. Nagato's whole character is about creating a better world and the stakes already occurred with Jiraya's death. Whereas Wano is about two brute Yonko forces who at the beginning of the arc are far stronger than the alliance but the Yonkos end up being fodderized with no stakes. And Oda overuses fake outs which is why people complain. He does fake outs all the time. Kishimoto doesn't do fake outs until the Pain arc but it was handled really well.
1. But Pain did not extract the Kyubi, the kyubi came out as the usual deus ex machina to save the situation when the situation was impossible to solve otherwise. Without kyubi in that moment Naruto would have just died or been captured. So yeah, Kyubui 100% solves the situation in that moment. Enough to heal and give a bonus life to Naruto.

2. I think at this point is a matter of opinion, but the fake outs in one piece are well known, so i almost blame the fans who believe them. Hell, i am still fairly convinced Pedro could show up. But what kishimoto did in my view, that is different from yours, just press a big reset. Because in one piece now we know about the fake outs, but in Naruto they were introduced there.

1. But Pain did not extract the Kyubi, the kyubi came out as the usual deus ex machina to save the situation when the situation was impossible to solve otherwise. Without kyubi in that moment Naruto would have just died or been captured. So yeah, Kyubui 100% solves the situation in that moment. Enough to heal and give a bonus life to Naruto.

2. I think at this point is a matter of opinion, but the fake outs in one piece are well known, so i almost blame the fans who believe them. Hell, i am still fairly convinced Pedro could show up. But what kishimoto did in my view, that is different from yours, just press a big reset. Because in one piece now we know about the fake outs, but in Naruto they were introduced there.
  1. Dude, Pain whole mission was to extract the nine tails. Every Akatasiki member who fought a jinchuriki had to fight there tail beast forms (with the exception of Gara who was defeated because he was protecting the whole villiage) so why is it any different with Naruto? And naruto was spamming his tail beast formed throughout the series because that is how he fights. I am not going to discuss this any further. If you want to believe it was as an ass pull go ahead. Deuces.

And you obviously don't know what deus ex machina means. Naruto tailed beast form is not a deus ex machina .

1. Dude, Pain whole mission was to extract the nine tails. Every Akatasiki member who fought a jinchuriki had to fight there tail beast forms (with the exception of Gara who was defeated because he was protecting the whole villiage) so why is it any different with Naruto? And naruto was spamming his tail beast formed throughout the series because that is how he fights. I am not going to discuss this any further. If you want to believe it was as an ass pull go ahead. Deuces.

And you obviously don't know what deus ex machina means. Naruto tailed beast form is not a deus ex machina .
Deus ex machina is literally god from the machine, because they were carried down a make shift elevator in greek theather.
And i did not mean it as a bad connotation, i mean it as it is, a god coming to save the situation, i.e. saving naruto because Frog mode was not enough.
I am not saying it's an ass pull. I am saying that it devalues all the training to get frog mode that Naruto had, the legacy of jiraya, because he could have always gone Fox mode and gg no re. Don't put words in my mouth.

I

Indigo

Came in here to change my vote, after seeing the ending of Wano

I love Naruto and i'm tired of hearing One Piece is better

I would watch / read 4th Ninja War again any day, in fact i've done it multiple times already

To me the the Big 3 all have their highs

One Piece has great lore, story and world building

Naruto has great characters and fights. Awesome story too, with a few missteps, but i still love the story that was told

Bleach has great art and style