Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Oda said, let me introduce how Zoro not only looks identical to Ryuma, but also someone in Ryuma’s direct bloodline who I will expand upon in the chapter right after, but then, since the plot is confusing yet at the same time predictable, fail to elaborate on it any further than that
:josad:

soooo sad :pepemotion:
Couldn't he just include this short text and the names in the story!?!
Was the thousand running and fire plots really more important!?!
Oda said, let me introduce how Zoro not only looks identical to Ryuma, but also someone in Ryuma’s direct bloodline who I will expand upon in the chapter right after, but then, since the plot is confusing yet at the same time predictable, fail to elaborate on it any further than that
:josad:

The sad thing is that those two comments are from the SAME SBS :shame:

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that Oda gave us 4 chapters in a row that essentially went NOWHERE (1045, 1046, 1047, 1048) in addition to a ton of chapters dedicated to irrelevant side characters & unimportant plot-lines...yet in the most important part(s) of the arc, THAT is when he chooses to do a speedrun. It's actually mind-blowing.

I've changed my mindset tbh. I'd rather expect the worst from now on just so that I can potentially be pleasantly surprised instead of devastatingly disappointed.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
The sad thing is that those two comments are from the SAME SBS :shame:

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that Oda gave us 4 chapters in a row that essentially went NOWHERE (1045, 1046, 1047, 1048) in addition to a ton of chapters dedicated to irrelevant side characters & unimportant plot-lines...yet in the most important part(s) of the arc, THAT is when he chooses to do a speedrun. It's actually mind-blowing.

I've changed my mindset tbh. I'd rather expect the worst from now on just so that I can potentially be pleasantly surprised instead of devastatingly disappointed.
OKO=Oda killing One Piece
I can’t even stan the Wano side characters in peace either because the kill that Hiyori explicitly said she wanted to have got cucked by Denjiro :pepehands:

I love him a lot but it’s Luffy’s way or the highway I guess

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Everyone's so down. :catcry:

Well, let me try to fire up those spirits.

I don't think this is as bad as people think. Sure, Wano wasn't exactly what we all wanted for Zoro, but I chalk it up more to as repercussion of Wano rather than anything seriously bad for Zoro, and I think it's too hasty to just give up on a character just over a single arc.

I do think it was a missed opportunity to have a whole arc dedicated to exploring Zoro, but that isn't the only way to write a character. Or are we going to forget all of Zoro's great character moments throughout the series? From cool, to funny, and emotional.

One arc, and a few bad decisions can't undo all of that for me.

I think it's safe to say most people here connected with the character long before Wano, so why would a single arc change anything? I get it. We were all quite invested in Zoro's story through Wano. We all hoped to get answers to certain things we were yearning for for years. Some wanted to learn more about his background, like me. Others wanted him to make a name in Wano, and some just wanted their biases confirmed. Regardless of what it is, none of those things were going to make or break Zoro, imo. There's hundreds of chapters where we didn't need any of that, and Oda's done a fantastic job of defining Zoro through the years and that's why we loved him.

He's a very simple character, with some real human nuance sprinkled in. A cold as heck Clint Eastwood type that's secretly a goofball with a heart of gold. His devotion to his craft and his friends is second to none, his strength a source of security for those around him. He's toyed with death in his relentless pursuit, and he's prevailed on sheer willpower alone and the promises he made from a long time.

I cannot guarantee how well Oda can stick the landing for him or the rest of the series. I do have my doubts there, but I will always stan our wonderful Marimo. IKE, RORONOA!!

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Everyone's so down. :catcry:

Well, let me try to fire up those spirits.

I don't think this is as bad as people think. Sure, Wano wasn't exactly what we all wanted for Zoro, but I chalk it up more to as repercussion of Wano rather than anything seriously bad for Zoro, and I think it's too hasty to just give up on a character just over a single arc.

I do think it was a missed opportunity to have a whole arc dedicated to exploring Zoro, but that isn't the only way to write a character. Or are we going to forget all of Zoro's great character moments throughout the series? From cool, to funny, and emotional.

One arc, and a few bad decisions can't undo all of that for me.

I think it's safe to say most people here connected with the character long before Wano, so why would a single arc change anything? I get it. We were all quite invested in Zoro's story through Wano. We all hoped to get answers to certain things we were yearning for for years. Some wanted to learn more about his background, like me. Others wanted him to make a name in Wano, and some just wanted their biases confirmed. Regardless of what it is, none of those things were going to make or break Zoro, imo. There's hundreds of chapters where we didn't need any of that, and Oda's done a fantastic job of defining Zoro through the years and that's why we loved him.

He's a very simple character, with some real human nuance sprinkled in. A cold as heck Clint Eastwood type that's secretly a goofball with a heart of gold. His devotion to his craft and his friends is second to none, his strength a source of security for those around him. He's toyed with death in his relentless pursuit, and he's prevailed on sheer willpower alone and the promises he made from a long time.

I cannot guarantee how well Oda can stick the landing for him or the rest of the series. I do have my doubts there, but I will always stan our wonderful Marimo. IKE, RORONOA!!

If he were to end Wano here, it is not about Zoro for me. It is about the story itself. If he were to flop here, I wouldnt have faith in Oda going forward.
I dont know how one can mess up with a swordsman in samurai country with all the groundwork already done and all he has to do is tie it all up in couple of chapters...
If he were to end it here, I would be disappointed in the story itself not in Zoro. Zoro has been nothing but amazing in Wano.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
If he were to end Wano here, it is not about Zoro for me. It is about the story itself. If he were to flop here, I wouldnt have faith in Oda going forward.
I dont know how one can mess up with a swordsman in samurai country with all the groundwork already done and all he has to do is tie it all up in couple of chapters...
If he were to end it here, I would be disappointed in the story itself not in Zoro. Zoro has been nothing but amazing in Wano.
I assure you, Nik, I'm not defending Oda for his choices in Wano. I've a laundry list of problems with the arc outside of Zoro's treatment, but I'm still the "we'll cross that bridge when we get there" type of person when it comes to the story. Call me too optimistic, but that's just how I feel. I still trust Oda to deliver on the things he's built since the beginning. And if not, I've no regrets. I'm still grateful for experiencing One Piece and its various characters, including Zoro.

How I feel, Zoro is not the problem; its Oda writing Wano.

i thought zkk Happend in between the 7 days but seems like its not

This a perfect time for kaido to Recover and Zoro in the Flower Capital

And wano citizn recogbize joyboy rivals ryuma and protector like ryuma

ryuma still has to Come

this is so fucking better than nerfed zoro one shot kaido. Zoro might at his peak health rn

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
i thought zkk Happend in between the 7 days but seems like its not

This a perfect time for kaido to Recover and Zoro in the Flower Capital

And wano citizn recogbize joyboy rivals ryuma and protector like ryuma

ryuma still has to Come

this is so fucking better than nerfed zoro one shot kaido. Zoro might at his peak health rn
Yeah, it should happen in Act 4 instead of during the 7 days skip.