General & Others Anyone who uses a sword is a swordsman. Yes, including Big Mom and Kizaru.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well, to quote Zenzu here, you’re entire argument is “he has to be a swordsman because he’s too strong,” and that he’s a swordsman because of one time he held a sword. So, by default, the answer is yes.
Eos luffy wouldnt be able to match old ray with a sword for shit.

Kizaru wasnt matching ray just because he was strong but because he has a high level of swordsman ship

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Excuses to avoid a guy who doesn't even carry a sword being a swordsman? What excuse do I need lmao, dude doesn't meet criteria #1 for what makes a swordsman a swordsman.

Blame Oda dawg, he just made Kizaru too strong. This is literally yours and HA001's argument rn

" he HAS to be a swordsman because he is too strong. "

Lmao good luck with that.
Has to be swordsman because he matched a top tier swordsman in swordsmanship.
You dont just pull off such a feat out your ass because you are versatile, lmao.

Eos luffy wouldnt be able to match old ray with a sword for shit.

Kizaru wasnt matching ray just because he was strong but because he has a high level of swordsman ship
I'm pretty sure the admirals have to know how to use weapons cause they can't only depend on logias. Rayleigh got old, and he definitely was op as hell earlier. So he had to have known at least basic swordsmanship.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I'm pretty sure the admirals have to know how to use weapons cause they can't only depend on logias. Rayleigh got old, and he definitely was op as hell earlier. So he had to have known at least basic swordsmanship.
Old ray is still a beast and no hed need to know a high level of swordsmanship to do what he did.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Has to be swordsman because he matched a top tier swordsman in swordsmanship.
You dont just pull off such a feat out your ass because you are versatile, lmao.
Lmao your beef is with Oda then, take it up with him on why he made Kizaru so strong and so versatile, that he can use someone elses primary fighting style against them. Reminds me of Vergo deciding to kick only against Sanji. Some people are just that versatile.

Also you're looking at it wrong, Kizaru wasn't keeping up with Rayleigh, Rayleigh was keeping up with Kizaru. Kizaru is the fastest man in the manga, you could almost see how fast he was (could literally see light emitting from his swinging speed), it was taking a toll on Rayleigh keeping up with him.

Kizaru used an imitation blade to shield himself against a top tier swordsman, the right choice in a CQC situation against Rayleigh, swordmanship could play a role but it's almost negligible compared to his speed and strength. All marines train in swordmanship, yes including Coby, doesn't make them a swordsman, Kizaru is simply that fast and powerful.

Your argument holds no merit. It's just whining.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Lmao your beef is with Oda then, take it up with him on why he made Kizaru so strong and so versatile, that he can use someone elses primary fighting style against them. Reminds me of Vergo deciding to kick only against Sanji. Some people are just that versatile.

Also you're looking at it wrong, Kizaru wasn't keeping up with Rayleigh, Rayleigh was keeping up with Kizaru. Kizaru is the fastest man in the manga, you could almost see how fast he was (could literally see light emitting from his swinging speed), it was taking a toll on Rayleigh keeping up with him.

Kizaru used an imitation blade to shield himself against a top tier swordsman, the right choice in a CQC situation against Rayleigh, swordmanship could play a role but it's almost negligible compared to his speed and strength. All marines train in swordmanship, yes including Coby, doesn't make them a swordsman, Kizaru is simply that fast and powerful.

Your argument holds no merit.
No, my beef is definitely with you who thinks that matching one of best swordsmen in swordsmanship is doable without being a swordsman, lol.

I guess the battle for WSS will be between Zoro and Coby. :myman:

No, my beef is definitely with you who thinks that matching one of best swordsmen in swordsmanship is doable without being a swordsman, lol.

It could be since the requirements to be a swordsman isn't that high according to you guys. Since everyone strong who used a sword once in his life is a swordsman why can't fucking eos helmeppo compete for It?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Again "Kizaru HAS to be a swordsman because he is too strong" is not a very convincing argument.

What Coby will or will not be has nothing to do with Kizaru. Not every top tier is as fast as Kizaru where he can pressure Rayleigh with his own fighting style. Not every top tier is as versatile as Kizaru.

Take it up with Oda man. Send him a letter for making ol pothead too strong for your liking.

If Kizaru was a swordsman of Rayleigh's caliber, it means he heavily nerfs himself by not using a real sword. With a real sword, a Meito, he could unleash powerful flying slashes. Able to cut battleships or even a mountain like Pica into pieces. The light sword however only enables Kizaru to spar with another swordsman in CqC.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Again "Kizaru HAS to be a swordsman because he is too strong" is not a very convincing argument.

What Coby will or will not be has nothing to do with Kizaru. Not every top tier is as fast as Kizaru where he can pressure Rayleigh with his own fighting style. Not every top tier is as versatile as Kizaru.

Take it up with Oda man. Send him a letter for making ol pothead too strong for your liking.
Again if you can read, it's not because he is strong but because he is a good swordsman.
Seems like old man who didnt pick his sword up in decades is as fast as your boi Kizaru.
If Kizaru was a swordsman of Rayleigh's caliber, it means he heavily nerfs himself by not using a real sword. With a real sword, a Meito, he could unleash powerful flying slashes. Able to cut battleships or even a mountain like Pica into pieces. The light sword however only enables Kizaru to spar with another swordsman in CqC.
No, he can do the same with his light sword.
But isn't Kizaru literally light speed? The man is generally lazy, but I'm pretty sure he isn't gonna just sit there and underestimate Rayleigh?
He can be light speed without a sword too.

How good of a swordsman do you have to be a swordsman?
If kuzan beat hachi with his ice sword would he be a swordsman?
Or does he have to be able to compete with snack, vista, or does it have to be a top tier

Is law not a swordsman if he cant beat a high tier with just swordsmanship?
If garp beats bogard with a sword is that good enough for him to be a swordsman?