Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Do y'all think we will ever see how Zoro lost his damn eye lol ? Starting to think Oda just gave him the scar because it looked cool and of course for the Ryuma parallel but would still be nice to see how he got it...

I have this headcannon about how Zoro defeated Vista in the timeskip when he came to challenge Mihawk but lost an eye in the process lol. I just don't think Mihawk will actually handicap Zoro before their duel knowing how he feels about Shanks's lost arm.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Will we ever see how Zoro lost his damn eye lol ? Starting to think Oda just gave it to him because it looked cool and of course for the Ryuma parallel but would still be cool to see how he got it...

I have this headcannon about how Zoro defeated Vista in the timeskip when he came to challenge Mihawk but lost an eye in the process lol. I just don't think Mihawk will actually handicap Zoro before their duel knowing how he feels about Shanks's lost arm.
I think he still has the eye but willingly keeps it closed.
As part of training observation or some possible power-up.
The eyes seem to be very important and it's not wild to think Zoro might get such too.

Hey Guys, I have lurked here for a while to keep up with OP. With Wano over and a new saga starting next week, I am kind of burned out. Zoro is my most favorite OP character (followed by Luffy, Nami, and Doflamingo), so I think this Zoro FC is the right place to get some enthusiasm back. Most of this post is kind of a rant, but please bear with me. I really want to see if you guys still have the enthusiasm that I lost during Wano.

I have been following OP since 2005. Luffy, Zoro and Nami are (although Luffy is less likable than he was before) my favorites. I initially perceived it as a story where few dumb guys visit exotic islands, get into ridiculous conflict and beat up bad guys. But over the years, the story evolved to something else. Recently it feels more like a story of a great savior. So, my enjoyment was already dropping when we started Wano. My annoyance peaked during Udon, but I still kept reading weekly to mainly see some development on Zoro like Sanji got in Whole Cake Island.

That development never came. I expected Ryuma lore, almost nothing but annoying teases. I expected Zoro heritage (well...initially I didn’t, till Oda dropped that SBS hinting Zoro may be a Shimotsuki), nothing but teases. I expected Luffy/Zoro tag team vs. Kaido, nope. And every time Zoro got something, Oda took it back very soon somehow. Zoro fought Kaido in rooftop: "Well, I only did it because of 1000 chapter celebration". Zoro got Conquerer's Haki: Well, Luffy, Kid and Law all ultimately won with their Devil Fruit, not Haki. To put salt on the wound, an Admiral just crushed the Guy Zoro had to work hard to beat. For every good thing that happened to Zoro in this arc, Oda managed to make it lackluster later on with his commentary or something else.

Which brings me to my first question. With the new Saga being called Final Saga, how many Zoro-centric chapters do you expect till the end of the story? Suppose there are 250 chapters left (that's roughly the length of the Yonkou saga). Since we are not getting any background on Zoro and with Zoro's only relevance in the story being a fighter against the second (or third, depending on Law/Kid situation) strongest in the antagonist group, and with Oda not interested in drawing any fight for more than 2 chapters (unless it involves Luffy), how many Zoro-centric chapter can we realistically expect?

Shiryu - 2 chapters
An Admiral - 2 chapters
Mihawk - 2 chapters

Is that it? Do I really have to go through 250 chapters again for only 6 Zoro-Centric chapters? Because I am losing my fondness for Luffy and Nami is MIA. I used to care about Roger and the Void century a lot, but Oden's Flashback has made Roger goofy and less interesting. How many Zoro-centric chapters do you think we can get if go through the filth that is almost surely even more disgusting than Wano.

Second question is, how much should I lower my expectation to be able to enjoy Zoro's journey? It seems to me that among the well known Shonens (Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter etc.), Zoro is the "second fiddle" with least development. Hell...even Ishida got more of a personal journey in Bleach (and I am not sure he even qualifies as a second fiddle) than Zoro has had (the only two times where Zoro's personal struggle really hit me were in Alabasta when he unlocked breath of all things and in Kuraigana when he begged Mihawk, Ebisu was so wasted). Never mind the likes of Hiei, Vegeta or Sasuke.

Sorry for bringing so much negativity to a place where we are supposed to be positive about Zoro. But I really wanted hardcore Zoro fans' opinions and only Zoro fans' opinions. If you guys also think that Zoro-centric chapters will be very few-and-far between as well, may be I will stop reading weekly and let the series end before picking it up again.

Thanks for reading.
Its out and out luffy's story.

Chances of zkk is very less i am afraid , oda moves on with plotline.

He can technically bring back kaido like he did with his past villains they usually end up playing minor roles or supporting the mc. Croco and doffy are good example.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Its out and out luffy's story.

Chances of zkk is very less i am afraid , oda moves on with plotline.

He can technically bring back kaido like he did with his past villains they usually end up playing minor roles or supporting the mc. Croco and doffy are good example.
I wouldn’t mind it being Luffy's story if it was done right. Luffy is not the same anymore, he is a Messiah figure now. Sure, may be that was always the plan, but it never felt like that in Pre-TS. Also, if a manga named "Naruto" can focus on another guy not named Naruto so much, it is criminal the direction Oda is going for.

Anyway, I was never invested in Zoro killing Kaido. I was more interested in both Luffy and Zoro taking him down together as proxies for Oden and WB/Roger. I don't need Oda to bring him back for two pages of Zoro killing him as some kind of consolation prize. In fact, Oda made a conscious choice regarding Kaido's defeat, so if he has any integrity as a writer (I doubt he does, he constantly change the story to please certain fanbases), he will stick to this.

But not knowing Zoro's heritage even after Oda teased it definitely hurts more. But like Nik87 said, we are still at Wano, and lore dump is starting, so I hope to get more Zoro-centric content. I don't think we will be getting many after Wano ends and that's where my biggest disappointment lies.

I wouldn’t mind it being Luffy's story if it was done right. Luffy is not the same anymore, he is a Messiah figure now. Sure, may be that was always the plan, but it never felt like that in Pre-TS. Also, if a manga named "Naruto" can focus on another guy not named Naruto so much, it is criminal the direction Oda is going for.

Anyway, I was never invested in Zoro killing Kaido. I was more interested in both Luffy and Zoro taking him down together as proxies for Oden and WB/Roger. I don't need Oda to bring him back for two pages of Zoro killing him as some kind of consolation prize. In fact, Oda made a conscious choice regarding Kaido's defeat, so if he has any integrity as a writer (I doubt he does, he constantly change the story to please certain fanbases), he will stick to this.

But not knowing Zoro's heritage even after Oda teased it definitely hurts more. But like Nik87 said, we are still at Wano, and lore dump is starting, so I hope to get more Zoro-centric content. I don't think we will be getting many after Wano ends and that's where my biggest disappointment lies.
He already did with Sanji.

I think oda prefers zoro to be lone ranger , ryuma is famously known for this. This is what you call open interpretation ,oda basically left it to reader what zoro's origin is.

Anyway, I was never invested in Zoro killing Kaido. I was more interested in both Luffy and Zoro taking him down together as proxies for Oden and WB/Roger. I don't need Oda to bring him back for two pages of Zoro killing him as some kind of consolation prize. In fact, Oda made a conscious choice regarding Kaido's defeat, so if he has any integrity as a writer (I doubt he does, he constantly change the story to please certain fanbases), he will stick

Oda teasing Zoro’s heritage just bothers me. I know Zoro is a character defined by his actions, and I don’t need a sad backstory to enjoy him. But Oda also hinted at possible Zoro back stories only to drop them. It feels like every storyline regarding Zoro was dropped. I am still hoping that Zoro will visit Ryuma’s grave. I don’t think it will happen though. After all Oda already compared Joy Boy (Luffy)’s feat to Ryuma and Momo is now seen as the monster samurai of Wano, so it will probably be Luffy and Momo visiting Ryuma’s grave.