Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro koby was flowing with testosterone and training with garp
Tama only needs to learn ninjutsus, she has been training for years and just got a new very experienced kunoichi master. The jump in strength she needs is a lot lesser than Koby's. She's already taking Hybrid Ulti's slashes to the face and surviving.

Lame ass fights and not interesting character give up
What fight? I was talking about Raizo's showing in Zou. :kayneshrug:
Also, you asking me to give up after just saying your opinion is laughable.:catblush:

I addressed both of those points in the post. You should at least try to provide a counter argument to those since they actually answer this question with no issues.

You should be the one to do so.
In the manga proper we have examples of younger people fighting. In the manga proper we have examples of people getting stronger in months. In the manga proper she was promised to join.

Like, I will ask a simple question for you.
Look at this panel

Change that phrase to: Now I can become a betwitching Kunoichi like Ace wanted.
Maybe change Luffy's phrase to: I'm sure you will, if you keep up on your training.

This ends Tama role in the story cleanly and without any issues with pacing. Is even more clean than what Carrot got.

Can you provide me a reason for why she needs a promise to join later if this will not happen?
Tama will be able to join when they have found the one piece lol

[

If Carrot had simply said good bye to the
crew we could have least concluded she felt
her journey was done. It would have been a
poor ending to her story IMO but it would
have at least gotten closure from her.
Suddenly making her king of Zou is so out
of nowhere and makes so little sense that it
feels like a forced solution to something
that wasn't even really a problem. And its
especially bad considering they brought up
Pedro's will again, which has nothing to do
with ruling Zou, and that the scene ends
with Carrot still not wanting to do it. In the next chapter we will have news from Vivi and we will also see Carrot pop up from the barrel as in chapter 823. Moreover the fact that the next chapter comes out during the festival that inaugurate the Moon and that the rabbit is the mascot of this festival means everything
To be honest with you, I don't see her last scene as her being unwilling but simple thinking about Pedro. I also don't see narrative reasons for her to leave Zou to rot and travel with the crew. Specially after Onigashima. But I can be wrong. Let's see.
Tama will be able to join when they have found the one piece lol
I can see her joining in some of the final arcs. It's still way better than some contenders.

Again, she could have been dropped from the nakama race cleanly from Oda. She didn't. Among every single candidate, apart from vivi, she has the best chances.

Good morning, everyone.

I'm bored with this break week so I decided to explain why Tama potential as Nakama is the highest among the candidates, including Vivi.

A)Connection with Ace.

Wano was first mentioned in Marineford (chapter 555). During the battle we learned that Ace visited wano and was taught how to create SH there. Old Oda being who he is, it was certain that we would met the people or group that taught Ace later on. There's a small symbolism there when we think about that but let's not mention it.

The first person we met in Wano is Tama. A girl that was waiting for Ace because he promised to take her along as Nakama. This was a actual promise that Ace was fully intended to fulfill (it was show later that he even fought with WB crew to go to wano because of this promise). Some people try to spin that the promise to travel was with Yamato (maybe because of fillers) but on panel the only one that has this promise is Tama. No one ever invited Yamato. If you have any doubt, you can actually read the chapter because Oda was even willing to have Tama mention the promise with Ace while talking with Nami.

And this is actually interesting because, while she could use the same arguments as Yamato to try to join and actually have a better case (after all, the promise Ace made was to her), she never did try or even mentioned it. She wants to be a SH but instead of trying to use this connection she wants to join based on her own merits.

B) Connection with Luffy and crew.

You may not like it but Tama has a great amount of panel time dedicated to her bonding with the crew. If you think of the crew as a family there's no doubt that, at this point in time, she is the daughter of the group. She connected so well with the group that, at the end of the battle of Onigashima, if she just went with the crew very few people would complain about the fact itself but about other things like ''she's too young'' or ''how could she help in the final battles?''.

I personally don't like Yamato but she can be used as a good counterpoint to show my point of view: if you pick Onigashima and ignore the ramblings of Yamato itself, the narrative actually connects her to Momo, Wano and the samurais a lot more than with the SH. If she hadn't claimed that she wanted to travel with Luffy (what I still assume was for marketing) her ending would not be so disputed.

Like, observe the reactions of both Tama and Yamato in chapter 999 when they talk about how Luffy is Ace's Brother. Tama is the first person to know and her reaction is to think about what Luffy felt, she never thought about using Ace promise to her as leverage to gain a advantage. Yamato reaction was about how it was fate for him to be there to take her out, basically thinking of him as a free ticket out of her hellhole.

To Tama, Luffy and the SH crew are Nakama, friends. She wants to travel with them and fulfil her dream, but she don't want to be a burden. She connected with the crew as friends and wants to help them.

C) Her dream and role.

One of the small things about the SH is that every one has a dream. Something that they want to accomplish and that will be finished at the end of the series. Tama's dream is ''turning into a bewitching kunoichi''. This dream was born because of a small joke that Ace did and is her motivation during parts of the arc.

Every SH also fits the pattern of a family. Tama' s role in this case is daughter.

Every SH also has a role to fulfill. Apprentice/kunoichi and beast tamer are all paths available to her and that she can fulfil with no issues.

Unlike some other fandons that have to create theories and try to find random panels to spin a narrative, everything about Tama is natural and fits the crew.

D) Her age and potential going forward.

One of the things about Tama was the fact that she could have been a pirate way earlier but was denied because of her age. As a young kid, she was too weak and frail to survive the new world. So, Ace did the next best thing and let her to starve alone in a shithole where she could be sold to be abused by pedophiles samurais :luuh:

When Luffy met Tama she was about to be sold to the red district. He saved her and they started going on adventures, where she connected with him and other members of the crew. When they are planning the invasion of Onigashima she was sent away like Toko, because she was a non-combatant and for being too young.

But she was able to invade Onigashima alone, sneak around and save Nami and Usopp at the nick of the time. Using Mama she defeated page 1 and them used her slaving powers to turn the war around. Overall she is one of the few people that could be a contender for a MVP title apart from the captains. So, Oda, in a non-direct way was able to show that her age, by itself, was not a issue. She is able to help the crew and has the willpower to stand among the best.

But, even if her power is amazing, she is still too weak. That's why she start to train under shinobu to improve herself, getting the promise to join after getting stronger and learning ninjutsu.

But there's still naysayers that try to deny her, so let's go to the next topic:

E) Arguments against her:

Looking at posts in here and other forums the arguments against Tama aren't that varied and can be easily dismissed if someone thinks a little.

Her age is actually a non-issue and her power level was adressed by Oda when putting her under Shinobu. So most people say that she will not be strong enough to join the crew during this final hurdle of the series because of timing.

The counterpoint to this argument is, of course, the fact that Sabo exists. So, we have in canon someone that was even weaker than Tama (yes, Tama was able to kick the ass of a gifter when she first appeared) that was able to improve by leaps and bounds in a few months in universe. Not only that but Tama is learning ninjitsu. i.e: techniques that are not directly related to combat but most misdirection and tricks. So, a fighting style where her relative weakness because of age will not affect the plot.

While Oda says that he wants to finish the series soon, there's still some things that he must address before it. So, he either must do mini-arcs (relative to wano so more like pre-ts) or he would go over schedule. Either way, there's plenty of time for her to reappear.

And, most importantly, there is a small point that makes me sure that she will join later: how she was written.

If you think about it, there was no reason to let tama ask to be a nakama (note that she asked specifically for that). If Tama was something for 2 piece, like some people say, or not meant to join she could have been left behind so much earlier. Oda could have treated her like Toko and left her out of Onigashima. He could have decided to let her content with the horse-mommy. He could have her simply state that she would be a bewitching kunoichi to make Ace's proud, without mentioning joining at all. There was no reason for a promise to be a Nakama to be made, specially when they stated earlier that is the captain who decides who is the nakama and who isn't.

But, she and wano was written in a way (highlited by Yamato of all people) to make the idea of Luffy inheriting Ace's promise to her something natural and that had to be adressed in story. Otherwise it would felt incomplete. So, the decision to make her ask to join later will be solved in the manga later, so, no matter how you look at it, Tama is the Nakama that will fill the 10th slot. Possible the final Nakama.

I know that some people may disagree with me but I believe that Oda is a good writer. I recommend everyone to reread Onigashima and try to focus on the relationship between characters. It's actually amazing how much of a foil Tama is to Yamato and vice-versa, to the point that some chapters have they literally talk about the same issue but show different aspects of their characters, with one connecting with Momo while doing it and the other connecting with the crew.

To make things more clear let's compare her with the 2 characters that people claim still have a chance- vivi and caribou.

Caribou- introduced at the start of post-ts, he don't have a dream defined and is connected to a secret character that he will sell the secrets of the weapons. Overall he is not written to be a Nakama but a villain that is redeemed at the end, like bon clay and a plot to put the secret weapons in the foreground and maybe give way to the final war.

Vivi- She's the OG and a Nakama already. But even in the current story, where she is a target and possible enemy of the WG, nothing until now suggests that her objectives and dreams have changed from Alabasta. . So, while she is Nakama, she is not a permanent nakama but just the 5.5 that we know and love. In this way, while I can see her travelling with the crew like the good days, her time with the crew will be until the issues affecting her reign in Alabasta are over. To be honest, I think that her role will be more connected to the revs than the crew, but we will (with luck) know more next chapter.

F) Conclusion:

So, in conclusion, Tama is a character hinted since before the time skip, that connected with the crew and is getting stronger to join later. Most of the issues about her joining got solved in the wano arc and the only thing remaining is for her to get a bit stronger to stand alongside the crew in the last arc.

At the same time, Oda did a great job connecting her to the crew and giving her motivations and personality, to a point that she will not feel out of place alongside the others.

TL:DR: Tama-Nakama. Take the Tama pill

I love Tama. I hope she joins. Yamato and Carrot too! Carrot might join soon.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
I can see her joining in some of the final arcs. It's still way better than some contenders.

Again, she could have been dropped from the nakama race cleanly from Oda. She didn't. Among every single candidate, apart from vivi, she has the best chances.
we are literally in the endgame now, did you miss Odas letter, there are only 3 possible candidates left, vivi, carrot or caribou. Give up you lost, you got as much as Yamato joining, it’s over farewell goodbye.

we are literally in the endgame now, did you miss Odas letter, there are only 3 possible candidates left, vivi, carrot or caribou. Give up you lost, you got as much as Yamato joining, it’s over farewell goodbye.
You keep saying that but not providing anything to counterpoint the arguments. Again, can you answer the question I made for you? If you can answer this question you would actually have a argument to ask people to give up.

You keep saying that but not providing anything to counterpoint the arguments. Again, can you answer the question I made for you? If you can answer this question you would actually have a argument to ask people to give up.
for me Tamas been written in a way that she’ll enjoy the rest of her life in wano after luffy makes sure she can eat whenever but then I didn't well too much on his character

It's pretty funny that you think getting the ok to join from the captain is """"losing""""", before that the only arguments for Tama was the way she was written, how she had been paired with the strawhats for the entirety of the 150 chapters of Wano, but you could still say that she had shown no interest in joining and would much prefer to stay in the Wano luffy fixed for her.
That panel proves that is in fact not the case, even after Wano was saved, she is now showing an active desire to join and is training with that objective in mind. I predicted this by saying that , just like she wanted go out to sea with Ace even after he said he would fix Wano, Luffy saying he would fix Wano for her did not erase the possibility of her wanting to join, and I was proven correct.
You repeatedly saying that that panel is a L and telling me to give up, without providing any argument whatsoever... it's honestly kinda pathetic

Last edited:
To be honest with you, I don't see her last scene as her being unwilling but simple thinking about Pedro. I also don't see narrative reasons for her to leave Zou to rot and travel with the crew. Specially after Onigashima. But I can be wrong. Let's see.

No, they are talking about Pedro's will. And she knows what was this will to accompany the crew destined to bring the dawn. And no she can leave Zou to Wanda and Shishilian who are more qualified to lead
and all the set up is done on WCI, Wano was not her arc and it is not because Wano exists that WCI is erased

for me Tamas been written in a way that she’ll enjoy the rest of her life in wano after luffy makes sure she can eat whenever but then I didn't well too much on his character
I addressed this, actually. I f she had been written with this in mind, her last panel would be:

>I'm gonna be shinobu's apprentice! Now I can be a bewitching kunoichi like Ace wanted..
>You're so cute, Tama!
>Just make sure you keep your training and you will!

With that her arc is over and complete. Done.

instead we got:

Her last panel with the crew was to make the promise to join after she get stronger. That's why my question was why didn't oda just finish her arc cleanly instead of letting her with the promise to join later.

If you think about it, if she wasn't meant to be a nakama, there's no reason to add her asking to join on panel. Oda could have finished her arc cleanly there.

But he didn't. Because Tama is Nakama.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
No. I talked about the ones that still have a chance.

Read the post and try to address the argument.

Reading is too hard, no?

But let me simplify it for you:

Jinbei and shirahoshi:
>Hey, when I finish dealing with my shit can I join? answer: Sure!
>Hey, maybe later we can travel to see the trees? Answer: Sure! I can give you a ride.

Tama and Momo and his retinue:
>Can I join the next time we meet? Answer: Sure
>Hey, if you ever want to be pirates you can call me for a ride. Answer: where can I put the flag like a good retainer?

It's not that hard to see the difference between someone asking to be a Nakama and the rest.
Address what? Tama was left behind saying if she can join after becoming a strong kunoichi, with Luffy joking saying sure if she can use Ninjitsu.

Can't wait for the SHs to go back and collect an 8 year old girl who somehow got strong enough to take out BB officer in a fight to the death.

Address what? Tama was left behind saying if she can join after becoming a strong kunoichi, with Luffy joking saying sure if she can use Ninjitsu.

Can't wait for the SHs to go back and collect an 8 year old girl who somehow got strong enough to take out BB officer in a fight to the death.
You're coping hard if you think Luffy was joking about that. Luffy is one of the most honest characters in the series. He didn't treat Momo in Zou any differently just because he was a kid, he didn't sugarcoat telling Tama about Ace's death, he told Yamato she couldn't be Oden straight into her face, him calling out shirahoshi for being a cry baby, telling Vivi some of her people inevitably are going to die in a war,etc etc etc. I can go on all day.

He wasn't joking when he asked Brook to join and , knowing Luffy, OF COURSE he would want a ninja in his crew. Rewatch/read his reaction to when they first met Raizo ,and it becomes clear why he mentioned ninjutsu there.

You're coping hard if you think Luffy was joking about that. Luffy is one of the most honest characters in the series. He didn't treat Momo in Zou any differently just because he was a kid, he didn't sugarcoat telling Tama about Ace's death, he told Yamato she couldn't be Oden straight into her face, him calling out shirahoshi for being a cry baby, telling Vivi some of her people inevitably are going to die in a war,etc etc etc. I can go on all day.

He wasn't joking when he asked Brook to join and , knowing Luffy, OF COURSE he would want a ninja in his crew. Rewatch/read his reaction to when they first met Raizo ,and it becomes clear why he mentioned ninjutsu there.
it reminds me of the parrallel between Luffy and Shanks personally

Tama is really the first time we've seen a kid look up to Luffy, similar to how 7 year old Luffy looked up to Shanks. She wanted to be on Ace's crew. And now she wants to join the Luffy crew.

it reminds me of the parrallel between Luffy and Shanks personally

Tama is really the first time we've seen a kid look up to Luffy, similar to how 7 year old Luffy looked up to Shanks. She wanted to be on Ace's And now she wants to join the Luffy crew.
But Shanks never said Yes or Sure, and Luffy never said Tama couldn't do something just because she was a kid. There's no parallel there. Luffy is not Shanks, in fact, in chapter 1 he said he was going to surpass Shanks. And you know who surpassed Shanks? Roger, the previous Pirate King, and Roger had kids on his crew (Shanks included lol)
Some people argue that Shanks and Buggy were a lot older, but I've looked up and they were 9 year olds and had already been on the crew for some time. Tama is 8.

The post that you replied first without reading. If you are not going to read and only going to reply using something that was being debunked there's no reason to continue.

But since you are so sure, why don't you try to answer the question below?

>Oda could have ended Tama's story by just having her not mentioning to join, and having her settling into being a kunoichi. The question is: if she was not meant to join, why add her asking and being accepted? Instead of, you know, just have her being happy with the prospect of training with shinobu and living in wano.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The post that you replied first without reading. If you are not going to read and only going to reply using something that was being debunked there's no reason to continue.

But since you are so sure, why don't you try to answer the question below?

>Oda could have ended Tama's story by just having her not mentioning to join, and having her settling into being a kunoichi. The question is: if she was not meant to join, why add her asking and being accepted? Instead of, you know, just have her being happy with the prospect of training with shinobu and living in wano.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
You literally edited my reply out the quoted one above lol

L

Little Cahokia

But this is the problem. There is no narrative reason for her to stay in Zou.

Status
Not open for further replies.