Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about Zoro, I'm talking about Sanji and Jinbe

Kid at least got better portrayal than the latter two, with him fighting a yonko(same yonko that negged queen).

Being stronger than sanji is the threshold for getting rival portrayal with Luffy. With Koby being a hero and paralleling Garp, he's going to get rival portrayal, meaning he's at least going to be above Sanji.
Well you won't have hard time convincing most people Coby will be above Sanji by EoS.
Most people think that anyways.

Its always
Luffy ~ Zoro >> His rivals > Sanji

But Gap between Zoro and Law/Kidd is bigger than Law/Kidd and Sanji.

Law and Kidd are in solid YC1 tier, Law might be YC1+
Sanji is bottom YC1 level

Zoro is mid top tier.

Again & again & again, he parallels Garp as much as Luffy parallels Rayleigh for training him.
Garp is his mentor, he ain't gonna surpass him because of that reason alone - he simply wants to be an Admiral, not the next Garp.
Garp was a rival and a fight to the Pirate King, Koby is a fanboy - there's a difference.
What are you talking about

Koby is already the next Garp. He's already known as a hero of the marines, literally no other marine bar garp is called a "hero". Why is Koby called a hero? Because he did something that helped Teach beat Wang Zhi... almost the exact same thing Garp did.

Also, you can't use Koby's desire to be an admiral to downplay him. You are treating admiral as if its some sort of power level that is inherently below pirate king, which it isn't. Koby not only said he wanted to be admiral, he also said he wanted to capture Luffy. Then in marineford, he literally tried to fight Luffy.
The fact that he isn't Luffy's level is besides the point(because Luffy has no true rivals), he occupies a similar role to Garp in Luffy's story much more than any other character does.

You can bring up smoker, but Koby objectively has better hype than smoker. Haki training from garp, acknowledged by Teach, hero of the marines. Once Koby gets a DF or haki awakening, he will be one of the strongest marines.

I like how Koby is getting wanked even though all he did was stand still
I'm not into this thing, but BB himself quite literally praised him, and also Koby didn't end up like a rock. He even received another Garp parallel.

Yes, he didn't fight, but if one wanted to hype him because of that, he would have a few reasons.

What are you talking about

Koby is already the next Garp. He's already known as a hero of the marines, literally no other marine bar garp is called a "hero". Why is Koby called a hero? Because he did something that helped Teach beat Wang Zhi... almost the exact same thing Garp did.

Also, you can't use Koby's desire to be an admiral to downplay him. You are treating admiral as if its some sort of power level that is inherently below pirate king, which it isn't. Koby not only said he wanted to be admiral, he also said he wanted to capture Luffy. Then in marineford, he literally tried to fight Luffy.
The fact that he isn't Luffy's level is besides the point(because Luffy has no true rivals), he occupies a similar role to Garp in Luffy's story much more than any other character does.

You can bring up smoker, but Koby objectively has better hype than smoker. Haki training from garp, acknowledged by Teach, hero of the marines. Once Koby gets a DF or haki awakening, he will be one of the strongest marines.
I mean Zoro will surpass his Mentor Mihawk
Luffy will surpass his Mentor Rayleigh who represents Roger's strength as his equal
Coby Mayyy Surpass Garp

But I put Rayleigh and Mihawk both above Garp anyways.

Roger has a clear-cut portrayal over Garp, and the fact that his supposed equal reminded the undisputed strongest in the world with even Garp confirming his dominance as the King of the Seas further cements this. You don't have to be equally strong to attempt to kill each other. Big Mom and Kaido seemingly tried to kill each other in their supposedly not all-out fight, but they're not equally strong.

The key takeaway here is that Garp was strong enough to not die even when Roger tried to kill him. That means Garp was strong enough to give Roger a hard time. Unsurprisingly, even Sengoku was strong enough to give Roger a challenging fight by Roger's own admission.
Bravo

Roger has a clear-cut portrayal over Garp, and the fact that his supposed equal reminded the undisputed strongest in the world with even Garp confirming his dominance as the King of the Seas further cements this. You don't have to be equally strong to attempt to kill each other. Big Mom and Kaido seemingly tried to kill each other in their supposedly not all-out fight, but they're not equally strong.

The key takeaway here is that Garp was strong enough to not die even when Roger tried to kill him. That means Garp was strong enough to give Roger a hard time. Unsurprisingly, even Sengoku was strong enough to give Roger a challenging fight by Roger's own admission.
That's not true either
Saying Roger had clear cut portrayal over Garp is also being kinda immature.

Roger has a strong case for being either equal to Garp, or slightly stronger or alot stronger

Same applies for Rayleigh but as it seems right now, Roger ~ Rayleigh is the best pick narratively.

For Garp I think its more like Roger >= Garp like a 70/30 battle

And that same yonko that kid beat got literally captured by queen…
in a direct 1v1, nerfed BM negged Queen

Literally the chapter in which BM was captured was called "queen's gambit", because if brachio bomber didn't make BM pass out, Queen would be fucked.
Coby is not a Garp parallel and never has been
really dude?

Name one other marine apart from Koby and Garp that is referred to as a hero? Koby paralleling garp doesn't mean he needs to equal Luffy, Luffy has no equal. However Koby still parallels Garp in that he is Luffy's closest friend in the marines.

in a direct 1v1, nerfed BM negged Queen

Literally the chapter in which BM was captured was called "queen's gambit", because if brachio bomber didn't make BM pass out, Queen would be fucked.

really dude?

Name one other marine apart from Koby and Garp that is referred to as a hero? Koby paralleling garp doesn't mean he needs to equal Luffy, Luffy has no equal. However Koby still parallels Garp in that he is Luffy's closest friend in the marines.
I mean if Zoro refers to himself as King, he doesn't become Pirate King does he??
Post automatically merged:

Above Garp??? Really? I put no one above Prime garp not even prime Roger. Excluding EOS Luffy and Joyboy.
Well I am not you..maybe I am just not impressed by Garp??? :choppawhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.