General & Others Yonko crew: the Big Mom Pirates

I did a detailled hierarchy of the Big Mom Pirates, of their organisation and military :

On top of the chain we have the captain of the Big Mom Pirates and the queen of Totto Land herself Charlotte Linlin aka "Big Mom" who has supreme authority over the crew and the country. She is the creator of the Homies and so control herself the spying network spread through Totto Land via Napoleon who recieves the signals from other Homies when they notice spies or ennemies. She also rules Whole Cake Island directly. Also leads the Special Homies directly.

Right after Big Mom there are the three (formely four) Sweet Commanders, also called Sweet Generals in some versions, who are the strongest fighters and the highest-ranked members of the Big Mom Pirates. In Big Mom's absence they are the ones who are officially in charge of the crew and country and they are supposed to be equal in authority. In practice Charlotte Katakuri is the leader as the oldest and strongest of the Sweet Commanders and he is basically Big Mom's second-in-command and de-facto leader in his mother's absence or rampages. Also each of them is a Minister and so rule their respective island of Totto Land when not on missions.

The Ministers who are the political, administrative and military leaders of the 34 islands of Totto Land outside of Whole Cake Island and serve as commanding officers for the crew when not ruling their respective islands. They are officially all equal in rank and authority through there are exceptions :
- Charlotte Mont d'Or who is the tactician and strategist of the crew and so who formulâtes the plans and coordinates the defense of Totto Land and the Big Mom Pirates' exterior military expeditions.
- The four eldest and strongest children of Big Mom barring the Sweet Commanders : Perospero, Compote, Daifuku and Oven. These four have far greater power and authority on the crew than any other Minister, except the Sweet Commanders and Mont d'Or. Charlotte Perospero as the eldest child of Big Mom is respected enough that his authority matches a Sweet Commander's one and he's unofficially the third-in-command of the crew after Big Mom and Katakuri.

The rest of Big Mom's children still have roles in the crew and serve either as special agents (Pudding, Brûlée) or as military officers or as apprentices (such as Anglais or Anana).

The Combatants : They are the strongest and highest-ranked fighters of the crew outside of the Charlotte children, they are also the ones who generally go outside of Totto Land for missions such as collecting the sweet payements by the protectorate islands, make deals with the Underworld and other affiliates or to hunt down ennemies or specific targets of the crew. They are assigned a chess rank following their position and mission in the crew :
- Pawns : No Combatant have been called by that rank yet, but it's likely that they are the common soldiers and fighters of the crews whenever they are humans, fishmen, minks, dwarves, homies, etc...
- Knights : Officers who lead the subordinates and soldiers and are charged of missions inside and outside of Totto Land. Tamago is one of them.
- Rooks : Same as the Knights but they seem to have a more defensive role and to look for the security of Totto Land though they can also go on special missions outside. Capone Bege was one of them before his open betrayal.
- Bishops : Must be the same as above though their missions and specifics are unknown. Bobbin is one of them.

The Homies : creatures created by Big Mom who gave them life a piece of soul. They are of many many natures, sizes, functions and uses.
-Special Homies: Homies who have been gifted with a portion of Big Mom's soul. They are as such the most powerful of the Homies and usually only obey to Big Mom. The only known examples are Prometheus, Zeus and Napoleon.
Normal Homies : common items, animals, plants or constructions who have been given life by BM. They have countless uses and can serve as everyday help, logistical use, soldiers, spies, scouts, etc...
- Chess Soldiers : The elite soldiers of the Big Mom Pirates due to their fighting prowess and discipline that are above most soldiers and fighters. They are divided in the pawn soldiers, knight soldiers, rook soldiers and bishop soldiers that serve as infantry, light cavalry or artillery soldiers or scouts; and of the queen soldiers(officers) and king soldiers (elite officers and aide).
-Biscuit Soldiers: Soldiers created by Cracker and animated by BM who serve as defensive soldiers and as patrolmen. Due to being made of Cracker's biscuits they are much stronger and more resistant than Pawns and Chess Soldiers and they usually fights in a ancient greek or roman way with them using solid infantry formations, making them a very dangerous force in battle.
- Tarte Tanks : Tanks with a tarte design with wheels and cannons. They serve as heavy cavalry and medium artillery and can be used to pursue ennemies or destroy foes' positions on the battlefield.

Chefs : cooks who prepare meals and feed the rest of the crew and Big Mom in particular due to her large appetite and food sickness. As such their importance is much larger than in other pirate crews and organisations. There are four ranks of chefs :
- The ordinary chefs who cook most of the foods and drinks for Big Mom and the rest of the Big Mom Pirates.
- Sous- Chefs : seconds-in command of the various establishements, cuisines in Totto Land.
-Head-Chefs: In charge of the cuisines and establishements across Totto Land as the most skilled and experienced of the chefs. They can be assembled to work together in rare instances in the WCI 31 group.
- Executive Chef : The most powerful and skilled of the chefs who supervises the efforts of all of them and leads directly the cuisine in Whole Cake Château. This position has been carried ever since the founding of the crew and Totto Land by Streusen whose importance and influence over the crew may be as high if not higher than the Ministers or even the Sweet Commanders, due to him being Big Mom's mentor and parental figure.

Tell me if it's not too long and understandable.

Last edited:
I did a detailled hierarchy of the Big Mom Pirates, of their organisation and military :

On top of the chain we have the captain of the Big Mom Pirates and the queen of Totto Land herself Charlotte Linlin aka "Big Mom" who has supreme authority over the crew and the country. She is the creator of the Homies and so control herself the spying network spread through Totto Land via Napoleon who recieves the signals from other Homies when they notice spies or ennemies. She also rules Whole Cake Island directly. Also leads the Special Homies directly.

Right after Big Mom there are the three (formely four) Sweet Commanders, also called Sweet Generals in some versions, who are the strongest fighters and the highest-ranked members of the Big Mom Pirates. In Big Mom's absence they are the ones who are officially in charge of the crew and country and they are supposed to be equal in authority. In practice Charlotte Katakuri is the leader as the oldest and strongest of the Sweet Commanders and he is basically Big Mom's second-in-command and de-facto leader in his mother's absence or rampages. Also each of them is a Minister and so rule their respective island of Totto Land when not on missions.

The Ministers who are the political, administrative and military leaders of the 34 islands of Totto Land outside of Whole Cake Island and serve as commanding officers for the crew when not ruling their respective islands. They are officially all equal in rank and authority through there are exceptions :
- Charlotte Mont d'Or who is the tactician and strategist of the crew and so who formulâtes the plans and coordinates the defense of Totto Land and the Big Mom Pirates' exterior military expeditions.
- The four eldest and strongest children of Big Mom barring the Sweet Commanders : Perospero, Compote, Daifuku and Oven. These four have far greater power and authority on the crew than any other Minister, except the Sweet Commanders and Mont d'Or. Charlotte Perospero as the eldest child of Big Mom is respected enough that his authority matches a Sweet Commander's one and he's unofficially the third-in-command of the crew after Big Mom and Katakuri.

The rest of Big Mom's children still have roles in the crew and serve either as special agents (Pudding, Brûlée) or as military officers or as apprentices (such as Anglais or Anana).

The Combatants : They are the strongest and highest-ranked fighters of the crew outside of the Charlotte children, they are also the ones who generally go outside of Totto Land for missions such as collecting the sweet payements by the protectorate islands, make deals with the Underworld and other affiliates or to hunt down ennemies or specific targets of the crew. They are assigned a chess rank following their position and mission in the crew :
- Pawns : No Combatant have been called by that rank yet, but it's likely that they are the common soldiers and fighters of the crews whenever they are humans, fishmen, minks, dwarves, homies, etc...
- Knights : Officers who lead the subordinates and soldiers and are charged of missions inside and outside of Totto Land. Tamago is one of them.
- Rooks : Same as the Knights but they seem to have a more defensive role and to look for the security of Totto Land though they can also go on special missions outside. Capone Bege was one of them before his open betrayal.
- Bishops : Must be the same as above though their missions and specifics are unknown. Bobbin is one of them.

The Homies : creatures created by Big Mom who gave them life a piece of soul. They are of many many natures, sizes, functions and uses.
-Special Homies: Homies who have been gifted with a portion of Big Mom's soul. They are as such the most powerful of the Homies and usually only obey to Big Mom. The only known examples are Prometheus, Zeus and Napoleon.
Normal Homies : common items, animals, plants or constructions who have been given life by BM. They have countless uses and can serve as everyday help, logistical use, soldiers, spies, scouts, etc...
- Chess Soldiers : The elite soldiers of the Big Mom Pirates due to their fighting prowess and discipline that are above most soldiers and fighters. They are divided in the pawn soldiers, knight soldiers, rook soldiers and bishop soldiers that serve as infantry, light cavalry or artillery soldiers or scouts; and of the queen soldiers(officers) and king soldiers (elite officers and aide).
-Biscuit Soldiers: Soldiers created by Cracker and animated by BM who serve as defensive soldiers and as patrolmen. Due to being made of Cracker's biscuits they are much stronger and more resistant than Pawns and Chess Soldiers and they usually fights in a ancient greek or roman way with them using solid infantry formations, making them a very dangerous force in battle.
- Tarte Tanks : Tanks with a tarte design with wheels and cannons. They serve as heavy cavalry and medium artillery and can be used to pursue ennemies or destroy foes' positions on the battlefield.

Chefs : cooks who prepare meals and feed the rest of the crew and Big Mom in particular due to her large appetite and food sickness. As such their importance is much larger than in other pirate crews and organisations. There are three ranks of chefs :
- The ordinary chefs who cook most of the foods and drinks for Big Mom and the rest of the Big Mom Pirates.
- Sous- Chefs : seconds-in command of the various establishements, cuisines in Totto Land.
-Head-Chefs: In charge of the cuisines and establishements across Totto Land as the most skilled and experienced of the chefs. They can be assembled to work together in rare instances in the WCI 31 group.
- Eexecutive Chef : The most powerful and skilled of the chefs who supervises the efforts of all of them and leads directly the cuisine in Whole Cake Château. This position has been carried ever since the founding of the crew and Totto Land by Streusen whose importance and influence over the crew may be as high if not higher than the Ministers or even the Sweet Commanders, due to him being Big Mom's mentor and parental figure.

Tell me if it's not too long and understandable.
I find it so interesting that Kaido/Big Mom (and Doflamingo) have such huge influences with card/board game heirarchy's. I kind of hope this War just goes all out and describes this more in detail (Big Mom's chess pieces, Kaido's card game Headliners/etc). It'd be such a fantastic finale to just elaborate on all of this while taking their numbers down.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I like how Big Mom's ideal dream conflicts within her own island, specifically for her family. It shows off how Linlin's dream isn't possible under tyranny otherwise it'll end up giving ya cavities.

For the crew as a whole, I'm mostly negative. I do like some of the Big Mom Pirates. Perospero is a fantastic character. Pudding's cool too. But to save a rant on the crew as a whole, I'll just say I think the issues start at Big Mom and spread over the crew. I find her to be a really dumb character. Her dream was given to her by Mother Caramel, a woman who openly lied and planned to sell Linlin to the World Gov., but worse than that she took it quite literally. Her silliness in the early arc, like with Brook, just makes me think less of her intelligence and cunning as a pirate and the absolute catastrophe of the Seducing Woods chase and Wedding Cake debacle really had me drop all hope for her. She's an ineffective hulking beast if she can't satisfy her cravings. That's not really what I was hoping for the Yonko to be.

2.) They didn't live up to their hype. Compare them to Baroque Works, who pushed the SHs to their limits, Magellan, who had the entire escape team running for the hills, the C3, who gave the SHs some of their worst defeats, etc. The Big Mom Pirates are a top 4 crew, they should have been a lot tougher/menacing than previous foes, but they weren't. Whenever the likes of Magellan or Kizaru showed up, I thought to myself, "oh shit, it's Magellan/Kizaru! How are they going to get out of this?!" But whenever Big Meme or the Meme Team showed up, I thought, "oh shit, it's Big Meme/the Meme Team. How is Oda going to screw them over now?"
And 3.) that Oda hands them Ls at every opportunity he can get. In Wano alone, Big Meme and her crew got wrecked by King as soon as they arrived, Big Meme became Chopper's personal plot device, and then Queen brought her to Kaido wrapped in Seastone chains. As @Owl Ki mentioned earlier, if their own creator doesn't care about them, why should we?
On the contrary, the big mom pirates were actually the most competent crew that the SHs ever faced. They were the first crew who didn't underestimate the SHs and they only lost due to a combination of bad luck and being betrayed by their own crew.

but just look at this. When Luffy first came to WCI, Big Mom didn't send any scrubs after him, she sent one of her strongest sons to face him. Honestly, the only reason why Luffy was able to beat cracker is because Nami had Big Mom's vivre card. If not for that, the homies of the seducing woods would have overwhelmed Nami and defeated her, with Luffy having to 1v1 Cracker and inevitably lose.

Then once Cracker was defeated, she sent an entire army to take out Luffy, and captured him. She would have killed him if not for Jinbe betraying her and breaking him out.

Then you have the entire escape sequence, which shows just how intelligent and powerful the big mom pirates are. In order for Luffy to escape big mom, not only one, but two characters had to sacrifice themselves. Possibly even more if something happened to the vinsmokes.

When big mom was in her rage and chasing after the straw hats, the big mom pirates didn't simply assume that big mom would beat them and let her do their own thing, no. They did literally every single thing to make sure that Luffy didn't escape their territory. They had katakuri waiting on the sunny, smoothie chasing them down, as well as Snack and Oven and a massive army waiting for them in cacao island.

If doflamingo was half as intelligent, he could have probably beaten the straw hats at dressrosa but he underestimated them at every turn.

BMPs are the only Pirates who created an actual civilization, one that make sense and resemble some truth from the real world, all the members are affected by living in this civilization and their flaws comes from the flaws of how the country is ruled, that's what make them relatable and lovable IMO
Big Mom having created an entire nation in Totto Land, her dream of creating a country will all races to coexist together and the fact that the entire crew and Charlotte family is deeply rooted and tied to this country really increased my interest for the Big Mom Pirates. It was with that than I began to have a real liking for them.

I love the Big Mom Pirates. They are probably the most unlucky crew in the entire series. For one thing, they have a captain who is the largest detriment against them. Second, they got betrayed by literally everybody. Third, plot had to allow the straw hats to escape. When it came to a straight up fight and the BMP actually tried, they washed everyone. The Tea Party showed that if they stopped fucking around, they could have easily beaten everybody.

I feel like if they weren’t tied to the Yonko name, people would have been more forgiving of a lot of their actions. Like a lot of villain groups make dumb decisions (Baroque Works, the Skypeian Priests, and even CP9). But I feel like since the BMP were hyped up to such a degree, it hurt people’s opinions of them.

I still love them. I just wish they were treated better, by both the fans and Oda.

The Big Mom Pirates are quite underrated in my opinion. Let’s compare the Beast Pirates and the Big Mom Pirates some. Big Mom’s lower tier Consists of thousands of Chess Soldiers (at least 10,000, likely way more) and biscuit soldiers made by Cracker which patrol the islands, who are likely strong too. I don’t think the Waiters or Pleasure can even match those soldiers, only gifters, which are vastly outnumbered.

Then you have Big Mom’s mid-tier children, mainly the ones we know little about. They’ve shown the ability to use haki, rokushiki abilities, and many of them have devil fruit abilities. I can’t see the smile users, or even headliners (bar Hawkins and Apoo), matching them. Even the Decuplets could take out a large swathe of gifters and headliners with their fusion ability. Opera and his siblings did way more damage to Luffy then any headliner ever did. Don’t even get me started on Mont D’or, Galette, Streusen, or Amande, they could make quick work of many headliners. Mont D’or’s ability in particular is incredibly haxxed, I don’t see what Kaido’s mid tiers could do about it honestly.

Moving on to the high tiers of Big Mom’s crew, we have Perospero, Compote, Daifuku, Oven, and Snack. There is a ton of quality here, and they can match the Tobi Roppo, we need to see more of what they can do before making judgement cals about who would win. The same goes for the Calamities also. Big Mom and Kaido need no explanation lol. But overall Big Mom has more bottom quality soldiers, and Kaido may have more top quality soldiers, but we need more feats. But I think Big Mom’s crew has seemed more impressive in different ways than Kaido’s crew. The only wild card right now is the Numbers and how strong they are. But that’s just my two cents.

As many said the diversity in the crew is astonishing when it comes to DFs, personalities, designs, strength and bond. They obviously have their flaws, but who doesn’t.
What astonishes me is that it's such an elaborate and diverse crew AND he came up with it so far in the story line. Every time I think he couldn't possibly surpass his own imagination; he does. Amazeballs.

@The Dark Flame above, I really don't think they're underrated at all. If you mean by fans. No one can help but admire the complexity, not to mention strength, even if s/he isn't a fan of this particular crew. My favourite part is that our heroes had to RUN for their lives, says a lot. A fun change.

The crew is very awesome in my opinion. I like their designs and powers. I don't like how they got portrayed as. For example, Smoothie being useless, Big Mom wedding cake scream, etc. Their military power is insane if you ask me. And my favorite character is of course the one and only Katakuri:kata:

The crew is very awesome in my opinion. I like their designs and powers. I don't like how they got portrayed as. For example, Smoothie being useless, Big Mom wedding cake scream, etc. Their military power is insane if you ask me. And my favorite character is of course the one and only Katakuri:kata:
Yes the way Oda has been using Smoothie, Compote and Snack is really disappointing. I hope they will get moments to shine or he will have wasted real potential.

Their military power is insane if you ask me.
Yes the Big Mom Pirates have not only a huge army and fleet, their dozens of df users with very varied df can give them many assets to give them the advantage over other crews and armies both on land and sea.
Big Mom can suck the lifespans of many ennemies and use them to create more Homies, plus the Homies can be very useful for environnement advantage as shown with Zeus and Prometheus' control of weather and them being immune to physical attacks, the Seducing Woods that can confuse, trap or attack ennemies, etc..

Perospero's df can be used to create defensive Walls or shields, weapons, restrain the ennemies; Cracker can too create shields, armors, salls with his biscuits and his biscuit soldiers can be very useful to pierce ennemies' lines or protect the rest of the BMP; Daifuku can destroy ennemies at distance with his Genie; Katakuri can coordinate the troops and anticipate the ennemies' actions with his FS, he can also create many limbs to attack, restrain or drown ennemies with his mochi, neutralize guns or cannons with mochi like he did with Big Father; Smoothie can surely slash many ennemies and her df can be used to save her crewmates from poison, her liquid slashes should be devastating; Opera can burn lots of foes and ships with his burning cream; Mont d'Or can confuse ennemies and harm and attack foes with his Book illusions; Oven can melt weapons and cause the sea to boil to attack ships; Brûlée gives access to the Mirror World that can be used for shortcuts, to stay undetected, to sabotage ships; Bobbin can use his power to put lot of foes to sleep, etc...