Spoiler One Piece Chapter 978 Spoilers Discussion

Best Supernova?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally have no idea what’s happening here but from what I can gather @Paperchampion23 , Stephen Paul’s/Viz translation is correct. It depends on how you structure the sentence.

カイドウに「唯一傷」をつけた伝統の刀
The legendary blade that gave Kaido his only scar.

カイドウに唯一「傷をつけた伝統の」刀
The legendary blade, the only one to have ever scarred Kaido.

If Stephen Paul/Viz went with the latter then I suppose that’s that, although I do see where you’re coming from. Personally I’d also go with the latter to place the emphasis on the blade, not the scar given that it makes more sense in context.
Thanks I see how you grouped it with the blade. That makes sense and that type of subtlety is why I keep this stuff to myself lol.

Though, is this a situation where they would be wrong after the fact or in context? Because right after this, 954 reveals the other sword (which was unknown at the time) and Odens flashback shows both cutting Kaido. With this in mind, be would we still keep the grouping this way?

And @ShishioIsBack I guess you were right but out of context it doesn't make sense otherwise, considering info on Momo's blade was dropped a chapter later and nobody knew about it until then.

But yeah, my bad in this particular situation. Happy to admit when I'm wrong here.

Last edited:
One Flying 6 will have name "Snapszer" which is a Hungarian card game, which in Hungarian is means "Sixty Six"

Background on game from Google

The snapszer or, in other names, snapszli or sechsunsechzig (meaning sixty-six in German) is a relatively complex card game. It can be played by 2-4 players with either a deck of Hungarian cards or with a deck of French cards. The goal of the game is to gain 66 points with calls and beats. The number of the Hungarian card decks depend on the number of players. In a 2-player game, we use 20 cards, and in a 3- and 4-player game, 24 cards are used. The ranking and point values of the cards are the same, though.

Two female Tobi Roppos!! Is Oda planning to give Nami and Robin one v one battle against them?? !! I will be hyped for sure if it happens!! Pls Oda Robin, Chopper need 1v 1 battle for sure!! Although Nami got some team battles it's about time she gets a fight to shine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.