Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Also as proof in my mind Zoro is VC is when in chapter 959 Luffy confides with Zoro about Jimbe coming in time for the war.
True, a good panel.

The ultimate panel that proves Zoro is the firstmate is the fact the people from the one piece world think he is. Bart from the new superrookie gen and even Urogue from Zoro's gen, all think he is

Last edited:

@Den_Den_Mushi may you please translate those panels for me?
The kanji/katakana not sure what they are however, in english Mohji is called vice captain, Rayleigh is called firstmate, Urogue calls Zoro firstmate and Barto calls him vice captain and right hand.
I want to know if they are all the same or are they different when read in Japanese
副船長 - vice captain
Mohji is called Buggy's VC, Bartolomeo thinks Zoro is the VC and Rayleigh is the VC of Roger Pirates.
二番手 - no. 2 - Urouge calls Zoro the no.2, presumably of SHP

Urouge - 120 million for the no. 2. He doesn't look like the type to follow others though. [From Zoro's strength] you can surmise what his captain is capable of.

Bartolomeo: Eh, it's "Pirate Hunter" Zoro senpai! His legend began in Whiskey Peak where he cut down 100 people, the master Santoryu swordsman who rampaged through Enies Lobby! He is widely spoken of (by me) as the right hand of Luffy Senpai who supports the crew as vice captain! He's so, so cool! Eh? I can't stop crying...

Rayleigh: Ah, I'm Rayleigh, nice to meet you. I served as the vice captain.

Mohji's intro box: Buggy Pirates Vice Captain, "Beast Tamer" Mohji.

副船長 - vice captain
Mohji is called Buggy's VC, Bartolomeo thinks Zoro is the VC and Rayleigh is the VC of Roger Pirates.
二番手 - no. 2 - Urouge calls Zoro the no.2, presumably of SHP

Urouge - 120 million for the no. 2. He doesn't look like the type to follow others though. [From Zoro's strength] you can surmise what his captain is capable of.

Bartolomeo: Eh, it's "Pirate Hunter" Zoro senpai! His legend began in Whiskey Peak where he cut down 100 people, the master Santoryu swordsman who rampaged through Enies Lobby! He is widely spoken of (by me) as the right hand of Luffy Senpai who supports the crew as vice captain! He's so, so cool! Eh? I can't stop crying...

Rayleigh: Ah, I'm Rayleigh, nice to meet you. I served as the vice captain.

Mohji's intro box: Buggy Pirates Vice Captain, "Beast Tamer" Mohji.
Thanks for the translation.

I am a bit confused with Barto.

In the english translation I posted earlier, Barto says he thinks Zoro is the vice and serves as Luffy's right hand

Whereas, your translation he thinks Zoro is the right had and serves as Luffy's vice.

From your translation I interpret it as Zoro being the vice whilst Bart thinks of him as right hand. This one implies Zoro is the vice and supports the crew as Luffy's right hand

From the other translation I interpret it as Zoro being the right hand whilst Bart thinks of him as the vice. This one implies Zoro is the right hand and supports the crew as the vice

Maybe am reading both of them wrong. Is the part where Bart say Zoro supports the crew as the vice a continuation of what he thinks Zoro's position is in the crew or is he stating a fact that Zoro is indeed the vice and supports the crew however, He himself isthe one that thinks Zoro is the right hand of Luffy

One more question @Den_Den_Mushi. Is there a difference between right hand and vice in the Japanese language? Or are they synonymous with each other.

Thanks for the translation.

I am a bit confused with Barto.

In the english translation I posted earlier, Barto says he thinks Zoro is the vice and serves as Luffy's right hand

Whereas, your translation he thinks Zoro is the right had and serves as Luffy's vice.

From your translation I interpret it as Zoro being the vice whilst Bart thinks of him as right hand. This one implies Zoro is the vice and supports the crew as Luffy's right hand

From the other translation I interpret it as Zoro being the right hand whilst Bart thinks of him as the vice. This one implies Zoro is the right hand and supports the crew as the vice

Maybe am reading both of them wrong. Is the part where Bart say Zoro supports the crew as the vice a continuation of what he thinks Zoro's position is in the crew or is he stating a fact that Zoro is indeed the vice and supports the crew however, He himself isthe one that thinks Zoro is the right hand of Luffy

One more question @Den_Den_Mushi. Is there a difference between right hand and vice in the Japanese language? Or are they synonymous with each other.
I guess? Right hand is a more general term but 副船長 (vice captain) is very specific and applies only to seafaring organisations. You can say the Vice President is the right hand of the CEO, but you cannot say he is the 副船長 of the company. In the context of OP, I don’t think the distinction matters much, if at all.

I cant think of any examples where the captain’s right hand man wouldn’t be/isn’t the vice for some reason. Mohji for example is usually the one remarking on Buggy’s antics, similar to how Killer tries to keep Kid in check. The second most prominent member of the crew is the vice/no 2/right hand, whatever you want to call it. The VC balances out the captain by offering a different perspective, but is similar enough to the captain to understand where she or he is coming from. Kid and Killer for example are long time friends and Roger appears to have recruited Rayleigh as the first crewmate.

I guess? Right hand is a more general term but 副船長 (vice captain) is very specific and applies only to seafaring organisations. You can say the Vice President is the right hand of the CEO, but you cannot say he is the 副船長 of the company. In the context of OP, I don’t think the distinction matters much, if at all.

I cant think of any examples where the captain’s right hand man wouldn’t be/isn’t the vice for some reason. Mohji for example is usually the one remarking on Buggy’s antics, similar to how Killer tries to keep Kid in check. The second most prominent member of the crew is the vice/no 2/right hand, whatever you want to call it. The VC balances out the captain by offering a different perspective, but is similar enough to the captain to understand where she or he is coming from. Kid and Killer for example are long time friends and Roger appears to have recruited Rayleigh as the first crewmate.
Ah. I think I get it now.
Right hand is general whereas vice is specific.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What happened with Shusui? Zoro seems to have properly earned the blade and inherited Ryuuma's will? I don't understand why after this scene he would then lose Shusui?
It didnt become black blade because of Zoro's ability and aside from that it is like any other sword, I guess...
Any other sword Zoro has, once forged into black blade, wont be any inferior to Shusui.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
He trade it, didn't you know?
I know he traded it, but I still don't understand why he should be relieved of Shusui. He inherited the will of Ryuma. Ryuma said it would be Shusui's long cherished ambition for Zoro to be its master. The entire scene in which Zoro receives Shusui doesn't make sense if he later relinquishes it.