One Piece Chapter 1070: The Most Powerful Beings

Rate Chapter

• Total voters
Vegapunk is morally grey to some degree. He may oppose child experiments but is completely OK with forcefully extracting DNA from prisoners.
He also disagreed with Jinbe's warning of trying to create a "brain utopia" with everyone sharing the same knowledge from one mind lol

The dude is insane
Post automatically merged:

Should be with Tashigi, but hes gotta show up soon yeah

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Lucci v. Luffy is not great, but I'm glad it was short. Shows Luffy outclassing him so I guess we got our mandatory hype tool fight out of the way this arc.

Devil Fruit lore is okay but I still want... Actual lore. This entire arc, we keep glossing over details for surface level information. It's like Oda is telling us Devil Fruit Lore is in Isle 5 but refuses to lead us to Isle 5. We better find out the real reason why no one can eat two fruits at once, which may take us back to the Blackbeard / Law fight for a moment or two.

Seraphim are repeatedly said to be frightening for their potential. Which is interesting because we saw S-Hawk do some pretty crazy stuff in Amazon Lily and S-Snake has a fruit that Teach desperately wanted. And the fact we keep hearing about their adult potential really makes me think we're going to see them aged up.

IMO, with the reveal of Stussy as a top scientist, she's going to somehow get Bonney's blood this arc and use that to age the Seraphim to proper adults.

Kizaru coming in at the end with a fleet is so hype. My expectations are pretty high. Kizaru's definitely going down this arc, no way around that. But I want Oda to give him a proper send off and a good deal of respect. I got my fingers crossed for no less than a 4 chapter fight with Luffy.

I get the feeling G5 is going to start to have a huge drawback, that being Luffy's morality in a sense. Right now he's still caring about Sentomaru, but it's toned down from his usual anger, because of the perpetual happy laughing state that G5 keeps him in. Even when concerned, he's smiling immediately after, even when 'angered', it's depicted comical and I think that's going to end up coming back to bite him.

Someone's going to get hurt while he's playing with his opponents and he's going to have face that. Calling it now.

Devil Fruit lore is okay but I still want... Actual lore. This entire arc, we keep glossing over details for surface level information. It's like Oda is telling us Devil Fruit Lore is in Isle 5 but refuses to lead us to Isle 5. We better find out the real reason why no one can eat two fruits at once, which may take us back to the Blackbeard / Law fight for a moment or two.
It's what Oda does lol, establishes the basis and leaves the rest of the lore for laugh tale
My expectations are pretty high. Kizaru's definitely going down this arc, no way around that. But I want Oda to give him a proper send off and a good deal of respect. I got my fingers crossed for no less than a 4 chapter fight with Luffy.
I doubt it last more than 1 chapter lol.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Gaimon D. Chest
β€Ž
Cover Page: Welp... guess all our powerscaling was worthless, in the end. According to Chapter 1070, The Most Powerful Beings are, in some order, Vegapunk, Queen, Caesar Clown, Vinsmoke Judge, and Stussy(?). And here I thought Kaido was top tier, what do I know?

Jokes aside, it's interesting that Queen and Judge are the only two carrying Swords. Possible foreshadowing that Queen and Judge will interact with Sword in this arc? A MADS reunion is coming.

First Page: Since Sentomaru is a master of defensive Adv CoA, we can assume that Lucci's focus with Haki is Adv CoA. We also see that most opponents in the New World aren't as kind as Kaido, who likes letting his enemies live to try to recruit them. Lucci was trying to kill Sentomaru in one hit, or at the least fatally wound him.

Second Page: A little hard to follow the action, unless you remember how Gomu Gomu no Whip worked. Pretty much, I think Luffy kicked Lucci's face, then spun Lucci around himself, before using the momentum to kick Lucci away.

Third Page: LOL Gear 5 is such a mess sometimes, there goes Luffy, the Tasmanian Devil. It will be interesting to see who gets blame in this situation on CP0's side. Obviously, Lucci wasn't supposed to engage, but, when the Straw Hats escape with Vegapunk, Lucci can point out that if Kaku, Stussy, and S-Bear also attacked first, Luffy would have never been able to help Vegapunk escape. This could lead to some Cipher Pol infighting, Stussy and Kaku are just standing around watching. Looks like Atlas is in really bad shape.

Fourth Page: S-Hawk has already developed enough CoO to realize the WG agents are pedo child traffickers and need to all die, good. S-Shark would be great at kid's parties, on another note, he could turn the whole fucking backyard into a bounce house (kind of). Kaku is very scared of the Seraphim, yikes, they must be more powerful than we've seen. Stussy being a child-trafficking victim of the WG talking about how the Seraphim are just children is very sad.

Fifth Page: COME ON, CROSS GUILD! RESCUE DOFFY AND SENOR PINK, ALREADY! My advice is to wait for the Viz Translation, or Artur's analysis of this chapter for the full Devil Fruit lore. Hilarious watching Caesar get dissed like that, though.

Sixth Page: We don't talk about Page Six. I will say this: I wonder if the Logia part has to do with the "Eternal Flame" Vegapunk was talking about earlier?

Seventh Page: Vegapunk's face as he calls the Seraphim the Most Powerful Beings in the Sea seems almost regretful and resigned. Still want to hear more about his motivations for creating child clone soldiers (regardless of how fast they age).

Eighth Page: I don't think Lucci would have stayed still in Luffy's stomach. In fact, imagining an angry leopard man beating up my stomach from the inside sounds awful. Lucci walking out of a hole shaped like his body is the most Tom and Jerry stuff we've gotten so far.

Ninth Page: Luffy eats the ground, then shoots out the stones as bullets. Gear 5's greatest strength is that it allows Luffy to bend reality as if he's using multiple Fruits at once.

Tenth Page: I don't think we've appreciated how painful it would be to have your organs getting stretched out behind your back while Adv CoA is bursting through them. Anyone who thinks Kaido and Lucci are comparable, look at how many attacks a NEARLY EXHAUSTED Kaido took from Gear 5. Luffy lands a single clean hit on Lucci's abdomen, and the man passes out. Kaido will never get respect until Zoro kills him, I swear to fucking god.

Eleventh Page: Beautiful G3 throwback. Jinbei throwing shade at OG Boa by complimenting S-Snake's kindness is kind of hilarious, the woman really doesn't have a good reputation outside her looks, huh? Wonder if Oda is setting up Jinbei being a father figure to S-Snake? Could be a throwback to Koala on the Sun Pirates. Fisher Tiger would not be fucking happy to find out the WG was cloning Fishmen into being warrior slaves, I think. BRO, ODA, MAKE UP YOUR MIND, DOES ATLAS HAVE A TAIL, OR NOT?!?!?!?

Twelve Page: So, now the whole crew, besides Zoro and Brook, are caged up in the upper half of Egghead (the Labo-Stratum). Looks like Zoro is going to be the welcoming party for whoever shows up never. Kaku vs Zoro is still possible.

Thirteenth Page: Seems like Sentomaru is respected highly across the Marines/WG, Kaku clearly didn't want to take him out. Nami disliked Caesar heavily for experimenting on children, I think we're already seeing that bleed in to her feelings for Vegapunk. If any Straw Hat calls out Punk for cloning kids, it's going to be Nami.

Fourteenth/Fifteenth Page: Sanji and Nami, both who have experience with slavery as children, seem the most opposed to Vegapunk. If Nami finds out Sanji's horrible upbringing was partially due to Vegapunk's science, he's in for a bad time. Taking on a man wanted dead by the whole WG who is known for creating child clone soldiers is a lot to ask.

Can someone get S-Snake a dress that goes down to her kneecaps? Thanks. Getting real sick of Bonney, so I'm sure we're going to get another sad reveal to make us feel so bad for her. Interested to see how good Vegapunk's medical tech is, it should be pretty advanced.

Really interesting stuff from Kizaru here: we already know that Kizaru was headed to Egghead, from chapter 1069. "He was already headed to Egghead for a prior operation.

In this chapter, Kizaru says "We'll proceed as planned. Get as many warships as possible to Egghead." This implies that Kizaru already intended to lead a ton of warships to Egghead. Guess what that means?

Ohara all over again. Egghead is about to be annihilated. Egghead is Sabaody + Ohara combined. I think we'll see Aokiji, but... I have high hopes Vivi shows up at the end of this arc, as well.

I get the feeling G5 is going to start to have a huge drawback, that being Luffy's morality in a sense. Right now he's still caring about Sentomaru, but it's toned down from his usual anger, because of the perpetual happy laughing state that G5 keeps him in. Even when concerned, he's smiling immediately after, even when 'angered', it's depicted comical and I think that's going to end up coming back to bite him.

Someone's going to get hurt while he's playing with his opponents and he's going to have face that. Calling it now.
I agree, this in of itself ties into what Zoro was saying to Luffy in Punk Hazard right? This Zoan awakened state taking over the user should be highlighted for G5 and Luffy's awareness. In a sense it gives character depth to Luffy if Oda goes that route.