Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
lets not forget that recent Jump Cover, Oda clearly linking Luffy, Roger, and Oden.
Do you have the picture of this? It would be helpful to have. I'd like to compile all the arguments and evidence for and against. It would help me make up my mind.

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Their relationship with the Scabbards and the themes of the arc, placing emphasis on dedication and loyalty to your lord; doing right by your lord, resonate with what the Strawhats are to Luffy and vice versa. Even the pension to sail the seas
If you would be willing to expand on this in more detail, I would be very grateful, I don't personally see it (and I'm not sure I'm ready to yet again reread Wano to try and see this), but I would like to do this argument justice if I can't, and honestly I can't accurately represent it beyond a footnote that Oden also has some parallels with Luffy.

I don't see them as being more intentional either (Zoro's story in Wano much more directly reflects Oden than Luffy's did. The Scabbards don't appear to be following Luffy either but instead Momonosuke).

Cinera

โ€Ž
Zoro - Oden parallels spelled out, again courtesy of @Xdrake:
- Oden can't find his way to sail. Zoro lost in his way to find Mihawk.
- Both Oden and Zoro met 26 years old Toki/Hiyori.
- Both rescued them and fainted.
- Both treated by those kawaii chan.
- Toki/Hiyori cried in their arm.
- Both furious at Orochi.
- Orochi frightened by them.
- Both use 2 sword style in an attempt to kill Orochi.
- Both got stopped by someone. (Bari Bari no mi, Denijiro).
- Both the only human being to tame Enma.
I wonder if their relationships with Yasuie is viable as well? Or perhaps that would be too forced?

Cinera

โ€Ž
I'm not going to get into panels analysis and cover page foreshadowing because I suspect it's very hit or miss (Zoro's death, Zoro vs Jack, to name a few) and it's very vulnerable to subjective interpretations. One can probably formulate multiple predictions by analysing cover pages, so I wouldn't do such. This would leave out some plausible (perhaps even persuasive) arguments, but it would make my analysis much more rigorous.

Other foreshadowing based arguments I find to be flimsy or insufficiently clear would also be ignored. Feel free to inform me about them though.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
If you would be willing to expand on this in more detail, I would be very grateful, I don't personally see it (and I'm not sure I'm ready to yet again reread Wano to try and see this), but I would like to do this argument justice if I can't, and honestly I can't accurately represent it beyond a footnote that Oden also has some parallels with Luffy.

I don't see them as being more intentional either (Zoro's story in Wano much more directly reflects Oden than Luffy's did. The Scabbards don't appear to be following Luffy either but instead Momonosuke).
It's gonna demand some time from me to compile all my points. I was getting ready to go to bed. I'll probably come back to you on it sometime this week.

But before I go, I'll present this panel as the basis for my case.

The Scabbards don't appear to be following Luffy either but instead Momonosuke).
My point was that Oden and his Scabbards reflect Luffy and the Strawhats. Not that the Scabbards will follow Luffy like they did Oden.

Cinera

โ€Ž
From the spoiler thread, Ymyou guys may find this fun. I don't think it's a good argument for Zoro vs Kaido, and it's exactly the kind of flimsy foreshadowing I said I wouldn't consider. It is fun to imagine though:

Why all of sudden i remember of this giant skull back in punk hazard? I wondering if this has something to do with onigashima :choppawhat:
It's definitely not. Literally that skull and the sign on punk hazard share the horns of the Oni Giants and Kaido. Guaranteed when we find out about Kaido's past, it will probably have something to do with those Giants and/or Vegapunk in some way.
Arrived at the skull then fought a dragon.

Punk Hazard duo vs Dragon?

Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido?

Cinera

โ€Ž
My point was that Oden and his Scabbards reflect Luffy and the Strawhats. Not that the Scabbards will follow Luffy like they did Oden.
Aah, I see.

It's gonna demand some time from me to compile all my points. I was getting ready to go to bed. I'll probably come back to you on it sometime this week.
If you do get around to it, please inform me. I'll continually revise my analysis of Zoro vs Kaido as we get more information.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
Parallel between Zoro and Oden, such as rescued 26 years old hiyori and fainted / Oden rescued 26 years old toki and fainted. Orochi scared of them. Treated by Hiyori and Toki. The only man to tame Enma. Lost. Etc

Also Zoro eyeing the Dragon,

What next? Cut Kaidou like Oden? Hmmm
The parallels with oden and zoro are clear and undeniable.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
โ€Ž
ZoRo. :finally:

Hiyori's introduction may have killed any canon possibility for this ship though. :doffycry:
Especially with the gratuitous Oden - Toki parallels.
It's kinda strange how in pretty much every het ship for Zoro, he's younger than the woman. The only one I've seen where that's not the case is Zoro x Nami. Tashigi, Perona, Hiyori, and Robin are all older than him.