Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Chapter 746 summary thanks to Jeeswag and the TKC :

Riboku HQ:
The chapter continues from the last where Riboku calls out to Futei to get rid of Kanki. As Futei makes his way to Kanki Ringyoku is deciding whether to go for Riboku or defend Kanki. After a flashback of young Kanki saying he'll be counting on him Ringyoku chooses to go to Kanki and sends the others to take out Riboku. Kokuou shoots an arrow at Futei but he dodges. Kaine sees that Kanki's soldiers are slowly getting further from Riboku because they chose to defend Kanki. Ringyoku gets to Futei and Futei says he should've tried to kill Riboku in this situation and says they really don't know strategy. Ringyoku replies saying they're not an army like the Zhao and that they fight based on their feelings. Futei says that they shouldn't be saying that considering how many other people's feelings they trampled on to get where they are. Kokuou says the ones who got trampled first were them and shoots another arrow at Futei. Futei tells his soldier to hurry and deal with Kokuou but he's blocked by Kokuou's soldiers. As Kokuou finishes him with an arrow he cuts thru Kokuou's bow and gets a hit on her. However, she gets up saying it hurts but she's fine and that it's up to Ringyoku to defend the boss because she lost her bow.

Zenou is charging forward on the other side as the other soldiers follow behind him. Bafuuji gets to Zenou and lands a hit on him but is knocked away without fully cutting thru Zenou's arm. Bafuuji says risking his life to defend Riboku is just how he wants it and that the rest of them will use their lives to defend him til the end. He gets his sword back and says the ones who will win will be them. Kokuou replies saying they'll just go thru them and kill Riboku and the melee begins once again. Kaine tries desparately to join again to defend Riboku but is held back by another soldier saying she'll be useless there because of her injuries. The Zhao cavalry took charge of blocking Zenou who is starting to slow down. The Zhao soldiers are all fighting to the very end as they only think about defending Riboku.

Kanki laughs and says they're all crazy. He asks Riboku if his life is really worth all of this. Kanki says he doesn't think about using the family members as shields right in front of him as that's unseemly. Riboku says in war the soldiers kill and get killed. If the commander dies then it's over. Kanki says it's just sophistry and Riboku yells back that it's not. Although fights are done thru tactics the ones who fight fight with their hearts. He then says Kanki probably has no one who would do that for him considering how all of his soldiers ran away when they faced Kochou. Riboku admits Kanki is very talented but he's missing something very important. He has no representation. When Kanki asks what he's talking about Riboku says he has no people to defend. Kanki says that all of that is rich coming from him considering how the people and nation he's defending are trash. Riboku says that it is because of these imperfections that they fight to make things right. Riboku says "you more than anyone..." then Zhao soldiers attack Kanki who takes them out and says it's time for Riboku to die already. As Kanki's soldiers charge at Riboku he hears something and says it won't be himself but Kanki who will lose and be killed. At Shin's location they see an army head towards Riboku and Shin thinks this isn't looking good.

Break next week!

Quick translation :
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/fddst3A/1/1/

I dont understand what Hara doing with Riboku's character..
Yet again Riboku is analysing Kanki and exact Opposite is happening. He said that Kanki dont have men to die for yet Raido died without sharing any info in this chapter Ringyoku was shown choosing defending Kanki over killing Riboku
To be fair, Riboku has no way of knowing the Raido incident. As for the other thing, maybe he was meaning Kanki's men in general will abandon him in a dire scenario (like against Kochou). Sure, Kanki's officers like Ringyoku will stick by him but in comparison, literally every single Zhao soldier will die for Riboku.

My only other explanation is that everybody that goes up against Kanki magically loses brain cells whenever they are facing off against the bastard bandit.

I dont understand what Hara doing with Riboku's character..
Yet again Riboku is analysing Kanki and exact Opposite is happening. He said that Kanki dont have men to die for yet Raido died without sharing any info in this chapter Ringyoku was shown choosing defending Kanki over killing Riboku
It's in the text, brah.

Ri Boku didn't say Kan Ki had no one lay willing lay to down their life for his, he said Kan Ki had only a handful of people that would do so, which is accurate.

The entire north of Zhao is willing to die for Ri Boku, they all believe in him because he has a goal they can all get behind: protecting the homeland. It's what Ri Boku's speech was about before the cage fell on Gishi Plains.

Given members of his own retinue (Kaine and SSJ), it's not like Ri Boku doesn't understand that, for some, Kan Ki - serving him, protecting him, being by his side - is their goal, but who does this apply to besides Rin Gyoku and Koku'Ou? At most, maybe Ma Ron.

Besides them, everyone else in the Kan Ki Army is in it for themselves . None of them will jump in front a blade or take an arrow meant for Kan Ki for any reason but fear or self-interest.

That difference is why Ri Boku's men "seem" insane to Kan Ki. They don't just believe in Ri Boku, they believe in what he believes in - protecting Zhao - because of him. It is why they can maintain discipline and lay down their lives according to Ri Boku's orders even at the most dire of times.

Last edited:
I fucking hate how much this fucks up my headcanon and earlier impressions.

Up until this point, I theorised Kan Ki met Rai Dou and Ma Ron in his early to mid 20s and the others in his mid 20s to early 30s.

I don't feel like the manga sells the impression any of Kan Ki's lieutenants besides maybe Rai Dou and Ma Ron have known him for more than 10 years.

That's just me though, I don't know if I'm an outlier in this, y'all let me know.

he wins most improved player award tbf
Rin Gyoku
STR 88
LDR 86
INT 87
EXP B

Last edited:
This arc was amazing at the start but it's started to drag at this point
End it with a bang and soon Hara
Didn't he already tell us that Kanki was supposed to lose in one of those end of chapter tease he does a few months ago? At this point he's just dragging it because he doesn't want to make him look bad in the process i guess

Can we take a second to acknowledge how Ringyoku is way above anything we expected of him strength-wise? Matching blow for blow with Futei is pretty damn impressive.
Yep. It makes Riboku's explanation about Kanki's supposed weakness even more nonsensical, Kanki's army (at it's peak) had around 4-5 general-calibre clan leaders (Maron, Ringyoku, Koku'ou, Raido, Zenou) and several smaller (but still very powerful) units like the Naki and Shuma clans.

The two biggest issues I have with this arc are 1) Kan Ki's backstory is aggressively mid so far (though that could improve with more information), and 2) the size and nature of Gishi Plains ambush.

Yep. It makes Riboku's explanation about Kanki's supposed weakness even more nonsensical, Kanki's army (at it's peak) had around 4-5 general-calibre clan leaders (Maron, Ringyoku, Koku'ou, Raido, Zenou) and several smaller (but still very powerful) units like the Naki and Shuma clans.
What explanation are you referring to?