Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Just noticed something: volume 90 – it has a nice cover:

Luffy in the middle with all the characters from the “good” or “protagonistic” side of the story surrounding him - or at least characters who are depicted as being good. And with Wapol now also a good/redeemed guy (after the coverstory and now he is accompanying Vivi), there is only one person left, who is not “good”.

No seriously, look at the picture. Exept for Lucci, there is no one there, who was not in one way or another good or helpfull. Doesn’t this seem odd somehow? Why not insert Sai here instead? Or maybe Lucci is soon becoming a good guy?

Who knows ... .

And I think I'm just going to give it a shot and guess what will happen in the next few chapters: Lucci and Kaku will try to escape with Zoro dashing after Kaku and Luffy rushing after Lucci. And because Luffy is so exhausted he will have difficulties with this. Either way it could end in Luffy confronting Lucci - which I hope will happen - or with Lucci running off who knows where.
Anyway, as I said it is just a guess without any hints other than Luffy mentioning that he is exhausted and the eary shadows over Kaku's and Lucci's faces - I think they are awake right now and know Luffy is exhausted.

But we will see ... .

Just noticed something: volume 90 – it has a nice cover:

Luffy in the middle with all the characters from the “good” or “protagonistic” side of the story surrounding him - or at least characters who are depicted as being good. And with Wapol now also a good/redeemed guy (after the coverstory and now he is accompanying Vivi), there is only one person left, who is not “good”.

No seriously, look at the picture. Exept for Lucci, there is no one there, who was not in one way or another good or helpfull. Doesn’t this seem odd somehow? Why not insert Sai here instead? Or maybe Lucci is soon becoming a good guy?

Who knows ... .

And I think I'm just going to give it a shot and guess what will happen in the next few chapters: Lucci and Kaku will try to escape with Zoro dashing after Kaku and Luffy rushing after Lucci. And because Luffy is so exhausted he will have difficulties with this. Either way it could end in Luffy confronting Lucci - which I hope will happen - or with Lucci running off who knows where.
Anyway, as I said it is just a guess without any hints other than Luffy mentioning that he is exhausted and the eary shadows over Kaku's and Lucci's faces - I think they are awake right now and know Luffy is exhausted.

But we will see ... .
As a strawhat it makes little sense but its been hypothesized for years that he'd be an ally. The latest chapters imo only seem to support that more and more

As a strawhat it makes little sense but its been hypothesized for years that he'd be an ally. The latest chapters imo only seem to support that more and more
It's actually funny how most hints are pointing towards him becoming the lastcrew-member. Like massive indicators - and many people are just ignoring them.

It’s just a fictional character in a fictional story. I wouldn’t worry about it so much.
https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/9/11/1836/1685138

When you read, watch or perceive the story of a character, there is a process of identification kicking in. This is one of the reason why, there is huge chance that you will treat a fictionnal characters the same way you would treat human people in real life.

But even without taking that into consideration, there are people who are actually identifying with those characters and how we perceive certains datas of the real world through those fictionnal characters (racism/validism/sexism etc.) so it's important to be sure that even when we are talking about fictionnal character, we treat them like we would treat any human beings.

This is called representation.

I'm sure you would find it very strange and questionnable if Oda was depicting racism as a good thing, right ? Well.. That's why the arguments "its just fiction" doesn't work..

As someone who suffers from symptoms related to ADHD and other mental issues, this type of tags which is an attack on Yamato is just telling me: "here, we disrespect people with mental issues".

This is downright problematic. This is not "just fiction", its harmfull. And I'm sure this is not the vision of this forum.

Last edited:
https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/9/11/1836/1685138

When you read, watch or perceive the story of a character, there is a process of identification kicking in. This is one of the reason why, there is huge chance that you will treat a fictionnal characters the same way you would treat human people in real life.

But even without taking that into consideration, there are people who are actually identifying with those characters and how we perceive certains datas of the real world through those fictionnal characters (racism/validism/sexism etc.) so it's important to be sure that even when we are talking about fictionnal character, we treat them like we would treat any human beings.

This is called representation.

I'm sure you would find it very strange and questionnable if Oda was depicting racism as a good thing, right ? Well.. That's why the arguments "its just fiction" doesn't work..

As someone who suffers from symptoms related to ADHD and other mental issues, this type of tags which is an attack on Yamato is just telling me: "here, we disrespect people with mental issues".

This is downright problematic. This is not "just fiction", its harmfull. And I'm sure this is not the vision of this forum.

So @Natalija , can we get rid of the "Yamato has ADHD" tag please ? (also the "Yamatard are off their meds" tag too in fact)
Yeah, I suppose you’re right. I wasn’t really thinking about that.

Thankfully Oda seems to care about racism since Fish-Man Island is focused around that issue.