Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
So 2 interesting theories i've noticed.

1. Maybe Kuma's brain is actually switched with that Robot that atacked Mary Geoise or him atacking is just supose to be a paralel.
2. If Kuma dies maybe Vivi or someone else will finally get his fruit for the goroawase, and Kuma is prolly going to die

Vivi is not getting the Paw Paw Fruit. It doesn't fit her fighting style nor do I believe she could maximize it's potential to be on par with Kuma.

Franky matches Kuma more spec wise, but Franky does not want to give up his ability to swim per his conversation with Luffy at Dressrosa about the Flame Flame Fruit.

Usopp would be an interesting choice with Van Auger having the Warp Warp but it would probably boost Usopp too much to be considered weakest Strawhat.

Nami is a weather witch and the Paw Paw Fruit, like Vivi, does not fit her fighting style.

Sanji only wanted the Clear Clear Fruit and already briefly lived his dream with the raid suit he destroyed.

Zoro...just no. Pure Swordsman. No Devil Fruit boost.

Only one person truly fits the bill:

Pedro has potential foreshadowing multiple times throughout One Piece as a crewmate and connecting to the Paw Paw Fruit.

From after leaving Skypeia with the Bronze Statue reference:

The figure Luffy imagines is a cat figure that has attire somewhat like the Minks. A character connected to the statue could potentially be a Shipguard, an official position. Pedro fits the position for his sacrifice in protecting the Thousand Sunny.

To the new Jolly Roger of the Foxy Pirates:

A Pedro like image! This is the during conclusion of an arc about the possibility of recruiting another crewmate which had a foreshadowing Brook reference in the crew liking afros.

And then later in the New World we see a Pedro drawing:

And then what Robin thought of when Kuma was explaining the Paw Paw Fruit's powers:

Plenty of mammals have paws yet Robin thought of cats. Pedro being a cat Mink could connect to the Paw Paw Fruit.

A likely destination after Egghead Island is Elbaf as that's a place Vegapunk can be relatively safe from World Government attack plus it has many of Ohara's books especially if something happens to his brain.

Plus Jaguar D. Saul, who was once thought dead, is now known to be in Elbaf. There have been multiple characters that were "dead" only to return alive later in the story.

Pedro's return could possibly start with the next cover story as the last 2 have been about Whole Cake Island.

The current batch of candidates don't have a good mix of potential foreshadowing, story focus, flashbacks, and crew position besides Vegapunk and maybe Vivi but Stella having 7 Satellites lowes his chances significantly.

Stussy's past is linked to Vegapunk yet Vegapunk is one of the main focuses in Egghead. Bonney's past is linked to Kuma yet Kuma is the other main focus in Egghead.

Caribou is similar to Caesar Clown with crew not liking them.

I'll wait for a candidate that can be connected to potential foreshadowing, flashbacks, crew position, and story relevance.

Pell was "dead".
Pagaya was "dead".
Pound wad "dead".
Kozuki Sukiyaki was presumed "dead".
Jaguar D. Saul was "dead".

Sometimes supposed death in One Piece is an illusion created by Oda for misdirection. It's the reason doubt exists each time a character "dies" in One Piece.

Not going to go back and forth in regards to him being alive or not. Just stating the possibility with potential hints as evidence to planning and setup.
------

Now in regards to the current crop of candidates who actually seems planned and setup to be potentially the last crewmate? Where is the evidence? What I'm seeing in this thread is more desire for a character and outside soirce material references rather than potential proof based in the manga.

I want to have a BIG talk about Carrot here. I will list the things I find really odd and that could "potentially" impact her story in the future :

- Her characterization: Carrot has been constructed like a teenager in a fairfest. There is no way that she would want to settle in Zou after what she experienced. The way she acts in front of danger and adventure, her interest for the world.. all of this is very clear and had no real pay off.

- Her treatment: Carrot has been constructed as a protagonist while being a secondary character. Her desires, her story, her tragedies, her skills, her design.. she is not on the level of someone like Raizo or Kyros, she was closer in term of narration to her character like Momonosuke or Rebecca. Hence why Oda puts her naturally on the Queen spot of the mink tribe.. But this conclusion is not satisfying for a lot of us.. precisely because it goes AGAINST her characterization (seen above). So, Carrot becoming Queen is logical, she is someone of that importance, but she shouldn't stay Queen.

- Her potential: Again, Oda left clues concerning Carrot's potential. The biggest one being this sentence of Pedro concerning her future knowledge concerning the dawn and Luffy. Her different skill related to the life at sea (lookout skills / Sulong) and not just there as a fluck.

And finally:

- Inu and Neko's legacy: Now THIS is why I wanted to talk about Carrot in the first place. If you remember a past tweet of mine. I once said this:

My point was (and still is) that we had ALL the Akazaya flashback related to the escape from Kaido and the City... Although we know how the battle between the duke started, but we STILL don't know how they managed to escape AND get away from Wano..

Leaving Wano is not just "an easy thing to do". That a MIRACULOUS feet. And the last time we saw those two was when a NUMBER picked them up.

We also don't know how they get to power back on Zou. But that's not all..

Let me remind you that there are still TWO mysteries left in Wano:

- WHO saved the journal of Oden ??
And
- WHY did Oden torn away the page related to the One Piece ???

I think we can easily say, that the answer to both those question will lead us to something related to the dawn and the Mink!

Don't you find it.. odd.. that Nekomamushi specifically asked Pedro to search for Poneglyph? Don't you find it ODD that the minks are aware of the "DAWN" while having NEVER heard of it from Oden ?

Remember: The Dawn is a concept from ODEN's book. it was NEVER mentionned by Oden himself to the akazaya.

:lusnipe:

------

I could be wrong of course.. none of those mysteries could be really important as they don't really impact the story... but I could also be right.. and in that case. The mink still have a card to play.. and know if we are talking about the mink.. we will automatically talk about Carrot. As Carrot is now the heir of:

- The King of day
- The King of Night
And..
- The Nox pirates's legacy

"The night before the dawn.. "

Don't you find it ODD that Oda NEVER mentionned the "Dawn" thematic during the "new morning" chapter HERE :

- No "dawn" thematic
- No pathos on the fact that this morning is something incredible, HELL Oda skipped 7 DAYS !!!
- No Minks
- No Kozuki related lore
- Just funzies

If that was the "new dawn" I'm Queen of the Kamabaka Kingdom.

---------

The more I look at it.. the more I think that Oda is fooling us once again.

The dawn is not concerning Wano !! Yamato read it Wrong !!! They didn't had the entire context !

Yamato thought that Momo was the one supposed to bring the dawn.. but what if the Dawn actually concerns Luffy..and most of all, the dawn doesn't only concerns Wano..

The dawn concerns the WORLD.

"One day, you will understand the true importance of keeping Luffy and his crew alive here so that their voyage can go on"

Let have a sum up:

- We have narrative contradiction is Carrot's case and Carrot was constructed like a semiprotagonist.
- Meanwhile, Oda created another contradiction concerning the concept of the dawn. Concerning either Luffy in one interpretation and Momo in a second.
- Oda left a LOT of mysteries concerning the departure of the Dukes and the journal of Oden
- Oda left IN PLAIN SIGHT, a huge plot hole: How can the minks be aware of the dawn without having checked the journal ?

All of this is pointing toward the heir: Carrot. The LITERAL personnification of the DAWN:

- Rabbit are crepuscular, which means they are most active during dusk and dawn.
- The characterization and design of Carrot points toward the mix of two personnalities : a sunny one and a moon one (carrot's real potential being in between)
- She acted as the link between the day and night king as a ruler's bird
- She literally became the queen of Zou, the personnification of the result of both night and day.
- She is the heir of the Nox legacy, the night before the dawn.

To be frank.. I don't think we have even scratched the surface of Carrot's potential in the serie yet..

Last edited:
If you analyse the story closely, you will find out that Oda always leave clues to signify the "ressurection" of a character:

- In the case of Pagaya and Pound, Oda is just impying death
- In the case of Pell, same thing and he gives us very quickly a little hint of his survival
- In the case of Saul, Oda does this through the story by telling us that the incing process don't kill people if they are rescued quickly
- In the case of Sukiyaki, his death is implied but even with that, Oden still asks "did my father really died from an illness?"

Oda always left room in case of a "ressurection".

In Pedro's case, Oda left NO room.

Pedro is dead, it's now the time to accept it. I know, its hard.

----------------
----------------
----------------
----------------
----------------
----------------

Now, on another note. I want to have a BIG talk about Carrot here. I will listed up the things I find really odd and that could "potentially" impact her story in the future :

- Her characterization: Carrot has been constructed like a teenager in a fairfest. There is no way that she would want to settle in Zou after what she experienced. The way she acts in front of danger and adventure, her interest for the world.. all of this is very clear and had no real pay off.

- Her treatment: Carrot has been constructed as a protagonist while being a secondary character. Her desires, her story, her tragedies, her skills, her design.. she is not on the level of someone like Raizo or Kyros, she was closer in term of narration to her character like Momonosuke or Rebecca. Hence why Oda puts her naturally on the Queen spot of the mink tribe.. But this conclusion is not satisfying for a lot of us.. precisely because it goes AGAINST her characterization (seen above). So, Carrot becoming Queen is logical, she is someone of that importance, but she shouldn't stay Queen.

- Her potential: Again, Oda left clues concerning Carrot's potential. The biggest one being this sentence of Pedro concerning her future knowledge concerning the dawn and Luffy. Her different skill related to the life at sea (lookout skills / Sulong) and not just there as a fluck.

And finally:

- Inu and Neko's legacy: Now THIS is why I wanted to talk about Carrot in the first place. If you remember a past tweet of mine. I once said this:

My point was (and still is) that we had ALL the Akazaya flashback related to the escape from Kaido and the City... Although we know how the battle between the duke started, but we STILL don't know how they managed to escape AND get away from Wano..

Leaving Wano is not just "an easy thing to do". That a MIRACULOUS feet. And the last time we saw those two was when a NUMBER picked them up.

And

I think we can easily say, that the answer to both those question will lead us to something related to the dawn and the Mink!

Don't you find it.. odd.. that Nekomamushi specifically asked Pedro to search for Poneglyph? Don't you find it ODD that the minks are aware of the "DAWN" while having NEVER heard of it from Oden ?

Remember: The Dawn is a concept from ODEN's book. it was NEVER mentionned by Oden himself to the akazaya.

------

I could be wrong of course.. none of those mysteries could be really important as they don't really impact the story... but I could also be right.. and in that case. The mink still have a card to play.. and know if we are talking about the mink.. we will automatically talk about Carrot. As Carrot is now the heir of:

- The King of day
- The King of Night
And..

Don't you find it ODD that Oda NEVER mentionned the "Dawn" thematic during the "new morning" chapter HERE :

- No "dawn" thematic
- No pathos on the fact that this morning is something incredible, HELL Oda skipped 7 DAYS !!!
- No Minks
- No Kozuki related lore
- Just funzies

---------

The dawn is not concerning Wano !! Yamato read it Wrong !!! They didn't had the entire context !

Yamato thought that Momo was the one supposed to bring the dawn.. but what if the Dawn actually concerns Luffy..and most of all, the dawn doesn't only concerns Wano..

"One day, you will understand the true importance of keeping Luffy and his crew alive here so that their voyage can go on"

Let have a sum up:

- We have narrative contradiction is Carrot's case and Carrot was constructed like a semiprotagonist.
- Meanwhile, Oda created another contradiction concerning the concept of the dawn. Concerning either Luffy in one interpretation and Momo in a second.
- Oda left a LOT of mysteries concerning the departure of the Dukes and the journal of Oden
- Oda left IN PLAIN SIGHT, a huge plot hole: How can the minks be aware of the dawn without having checked the journal ?

All of this is pointing toward the heir: Carrot. The LITERAL personnification of the DAWN:

- Rabbit are crepuscular, which means they are most active during dusk and dawn.
- The characterization and design of Carrot points toward the mix of two personnalities : a sunny one and a moon one (carrot's real potential being in between)
- She acted as the link between the day and night king as a ruler's bird
- She literally became the queen of Zou, the personnification of the result of both night and day.
- She is the heir of the Nox legacy, the night before the dawn.

To be frank.. I don't think we have even scratched the surface of Carrot's potential in the serie yet..
Stage 1: Denial

@CarrotForNakama : I hope you are not getting too sad if we get another nakama other than Carrot (And I don't mean Lucci in particular here at all).
Not at all. The information I gave doesn't necesseraly direct Carrot to a post on the strawhat crew. It's just something that tells me: "watchout" she could be important later.

:josad: I mean.. Look at that plot hole..

Oh no, @CarrotForNakama awakened "Carrot stan" mode again and changed his avi back to robo-Caarot :noo:

While I agree her "queen of Zou" moment doesn't make sense, as well as off-panelled good-byes (seriously, she's in the middle of Jinbe return panel and not saying anything to SH when they leave?), I still don't see her returning to the story anytime soon...

Oh no, @CarrotForNakama awakened "Carrot stan" mode again and changed his avi back to robo-Caarot :noo:

While I agree her "queen of Zou" moment doesn't make sense, as well as off-panelled good-byes (seriously, she's in the middle of Jinbe return panel and not saying anything to SH when they leave?), I still don't see her returning to the story anytime soon...
What do you think about that tho ?

And

------

- The King of day
- The King of Night
And..

- No "dawn" thematic
- No Minks
- No Kozuki related lore
- Just funzies

---------

What do you think about that tho ?
Which part exactly?

As for the Dawn, I also believe it's like a new era for the whole world, kinda like in the Wheel of Time there are epochs, same goes to One Piece, and if there's timing perspective, it makes sense that Rogers' generation wasn't meant to start a new era, but Luffy's generation is. And to draw more parallel with Wheel of Time, there are people meant to change the world (Luffy and his Nika powers, although I liked gum-gum fruit more that "the chosen one" approach), and people highly influential to how the story develops (Vivi, Momo, Dragon, maybe Supernovas).

How exactly minks are connected to this, and on top on that, how Carrot is connected to this, I don't have a clear idea yet, but I expect all the allies Luffy made along the way to join that final revolution war.

Which part exactly?

As for the Dawn, I also believe it's like a new era for the whole world, kinda like in the Wheel of Time there are epochs, same goes to One Piece, and if there's timing perspective, it makes sense that Rogers' generation wasn't meant to start a new era, but Luffy's generation is. And to draw more parallel with Wheel of Time, there are people meant to change the world (Luffy and his Nika powers, although I liked gum-gum fruit more that "the chosen one" approach), and people highly influential to how the story develops (Vivi, Momo, Dragon, maybe Supernovas).

How exactly minks are connected to this, and on top on that, how Carrot is connected to this, I don't have a clear idea yet, but I expect all the allies Luffy made along the way to join that final revolution war.
That's what the Minks we're yelling all the time about, the Dawn, that's their collective tribe goal

@CarrotForNakama Just check Gabiru D rat videos, you'll see all the theories you're half touching expanded clearly and you'll get your Carrot fix
I saw that. But those theories are really no different that what we can find usually on youtube. That's the kind of theoristic work I tend to denounce.:
- There is no attach or too few attachs to storytelling.
- Usage of baseless theories like the woman - man pattern
- Despite the good question about her parents (even if I think it really doesn't matter for the story) it mostly overconections (like the color of Gombe and Lindberg or "carrot was a cp9 agent".. despite being 15..)

No i'm sorry but that type of theory is bonkers. Let's be clear, with enough time, I can also make 100 connection between carrot and Cp9.. but I can also make connection between carrot and Buggy's crew or Carrot and the revolutionnaries.. That type of theorization process is what I once denounced here:

In short, there is nothing interesting here because most of the clues are not related on storytelling analysis and no repetitive pattern (like what I mentionned about the dawn) but confirmation bias.

Those theories are based on wrong evidences and are therefore going deeper and deeper into nothingness.. But really are just:

A good theory rely on factual evidence (Storytelling) and repetitive clues (the notion of dawn/Alice etc.). A good theory is a model meant to explain a mystery, it's not meant to predict the future.

Which part exactly?
- The part where the mink are aware of a concept from Oden's book that no one (not even Oden) told them about.
- The fact that we still don't know how the duke escape Wano
- Who saved the journal and why is there a page missing?
Post automatically merged:

I want to add.. that sometimes you can theorize badly and be right.. it happens.

Last edited:
- The part where the mink are aware of a concept from Oden's book that no one (not even Oden) told them about.
- The fact that we still don't know how the duke escape Zo
- Who saved the journal and why is there a page missing?
1) Let's not forget minks live on Zunesha, and ancient being some people can communicate with. I don't have an answer where the minks got this information about the Dawn, however, learning it from Zunesha kinda makes sense to me.

2) Leaving Zou does not seem too difficult, leaving Wano is a feat - but as far as I remember, Neko and Inu were sneaky enough to hide on WB's ship. My problem with Carrot doing the same thing is that her case is totally different, WB didn't want to take Oden and wasn't ready to accept more people onboard, while Carrot was a friend by the end of Wano, and she could simply board the Sunny with SH, not like they would deny her.... (and the parallel was already shown when she first hid on the ship).

3) Pages missing could be torn either by Oden himself or Toki, and the journal most likely was saved by someone loyal to Oden while his castle was burnt... I need to re-read who was there at that point, because that person definitely knew why the journal was important.

1) Let's not forget minks live on Zunesha, and ancient being some people can communicate with. I don't have an answer where the minks got this information about the Dawn, however, learning it from Zunesha kinda makes sense to me.
Only 1 was able to do that, not even Oden or Roger could. But it only displace the issue.

2) Leaving Zou does not seem too difficult, leaving Wano is a feat - but as far as I remember, Neko and Inu were sneaky enough to hide on WB's ship. My problem with Carrot doing the same thing is that her case is totally different, WB didn't want to take Oden and wasn't ready to accept more people onboard, while Carrot was a friend by the end of Wano, and she could simply board the Sunny with SH, not like they would deny her.... (and the parallel was already shown when she first hid on the ship).
Sorry.. I missspoke. I meant how did the duke escape "Wano" lol

3) Pages missing could be torn either by Oden himself or Toki, and the journal most likely was saved by someone loyal to Oden while his castle was burnt... I need to re-read who was there at that point, because that person definitely knew why the journal was important.
The pages was most likely torn by Oden, but we still don't know why.