Current Events Theory on how Kid vs Shanks will go next chapter.

Will Kid and Shanks split the sky next chapter?

• Total voters
Nah tge fight will be offscreened entirely unlike bb vs law, i mean shanks is oda poster boy on the other hand oda didint even give kidd that impressive against kaido and big mom let alone shanks. Lol talking abot sky split he dint even have adcoc, at best clash of coc aura like luffy did against kata and doffy.

There is something seriously wrong with this.

We have been waiting decades for Shanks to fight and you want it off-screened for stupid traitor plot and gags?
Rather than offscreen I think he means he wants to fight to be placed on hold or we get a flashback of what happened. But the point is to conclude the current main plotline

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
The best part of this theory is you assume the fight between them will go down in the next chapter:kobeha:

Now jokes aside.

Shanks is the only one looking good to come out of this. As long as Kidd will directly clash with Shanks, then Shanks is the one coming out of this looking good.

The only hope left is for Kidd fans to believe that Beckmann/Roux or Yassop will try to stop Kidd and he will show off good against them.

Shanks is one of the most protected characters in Oda's books. He couldn't even make Kidd look good vs Big Mom whom he clowned a lot too so don't expect Shanks to look somewhat like that.

The best part of this theory is you assume the fight between them will go down in the next chapter:kobeha:

Now jokes aside.

Shanks is the only one looking good to come out of this. As long as Kidd will directly clash with Shanks, then Shanks is the one coming out of this looking good.

The only hope left is for Kidd fans to believe that Beckmann/Roux or Yassop will try to stop Kidd and he will show off good against them.

Shanks is one of the most protected characters in Oda's books. He couldn't even make Kidd look good vs Big Mom whom he clowned a lot too so don't expect Shanks to look somewhat like that.
If Oda wants to use Kid as a hypetool for Shanks, he needs to make clear that Kid is no longer just a rookie, but rather a powerhouse capable of fighting the yonko. Just like Oda did for Law and teach.

Otherwise Shanks defeating Kid means nothing.

Chances are next chapter, Oda will make Kid look good without making Shanks look bad. All of which is set up for Shanks's victory.

If Oda wants to use Kid as a hypetool for Shanks, he needs to make clear that Kid is no longer just a rookie, but rather a powerhouse capable of fighting the yonko. Just like Oda did for Law and teach.

Otherwise Shanks defeating Kid means nothing.

Chances are next chapter, Oda will make Kid look good without making Shanks look bad. All of which is set up for Shanks's victory.
Id argue the point isnt to "portray" Shanks as anything. We already know hes broken on account what happened to Aramaki and basically any other major event with the character.

Really the purpose of this fight is to net Shanks ~2 RPs imo. Really, I think its that simple. Give a moderately entertaining "end" to Kid's journey, same with Law (they'll still be an allies, just not competing for One Piece)

it depends on if Kid can just leave, or he has to wait until the log pose resets. if he has to wait for the Log pose, he has to fight Shanks so either he loses, or he surrenders.

A fight with Shanks and BM during the timeskip is not 80% of his journey. Kid is also not the main character lmao
Oda even off paneled his early moments in Wano, I donโ€™t see the point in saying โ€œjourneyโ€ like we had a long time with this character on panel lol. What we got was half a bag of eaten lays that we couldnโ€™t even finish before it was taken back. What you described would be more fitting for someone like Law who we actually spent some time with.

We have been waiting decades for Shanks to fight and you want it off-screened for stupid traitor plot and gags?
Some of us read the story for the MAIN characters. Shanks is cool, but his fighting doesn't interest me as much as his lore and interactions with Luffy, and we aren't getting that with a Kidd fight.

Oda even off paneled his early moments in Wano, I donโ€™t see the point in saying โ€œjourneyโ€ like we had a long time with this character on panel lol. What we got was half a bag of eaten lays that we couldnโ€™t even finish before it was taken back. What you described would be more fitting for someone like Law who we actually spent some time with.
So you wanted scenes of Kid being in prison lmao? He literally has been in Udon since long before Luffy got to Wano

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
โ€Ž

This

Half a chapter and then complete off panel until Robin reads the result in a newspaper in 2 years.
And, this lol

Tbh, the main plotline is not so interesting - it's been same trend. We didn't even get the df lore ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘

It's the outside world incidents which sparks the fire with so much going on

BB vs law
Garp on the move
Shanks vs Kidd
Kizaru and saturn
Lulsia incident and Sabo disappear
Kuma climbing to reach MJ

And, we know all of it will connect with SHs so I am more interested in seeing these plots for which we wait for so many years than as usual Sanji vs Zoro gags or crew splitting to find or rescue someone or luffy and zoro getting nerfed ๐Ÿคท...

Even lore will do but we aren't even getting that lmao

Since Shanks asked for the Giants assistance, I think it would be cool if Dorry & Brogy opened the dances and performer Hakkoku towards Kidd Pirates Ship.

It would parallel the moment they had in Little Garden, with the same Dynamic: attack from Land directed to Sea.

And Killer could get in the way and deflect/stop it.
That would be good Hype for the Giants and for Killer at the same time.

Kidd will shine later in a direct confrontation with Shanks.

Since Shanks asked for the Giants assistance, I think it would be cool if Dorry & Brogy opened the dances and performer Hakkoku towards Kidd Pirates Ship.

It would parallel the moment they had in Little Garden, with the same Dynamic: attack from Land directed to Sea.

And Killer could get in the way and deflect/stop it.
That would be good Hype for the Giants and for Killer at the same time.

Kidd will shine later in a direct confrontation with Shanks.
That'd be a really cool way to begin the fight, and I think it has a good chance of happening since we saw how Oda was highlighting Law's crewmembers in his fight with Blackbeard.
If not with this exact scene, we're certainly getting a cool Killer moment next chapter.