Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subverting expectations by obliterating Kid by itself is a fantastic writing move.

It’s the fact that Oda did this via Shanks that is the issue, Shanks is just a fanservice character who feels completely disconnected from everyone else because Oda just wants to massage his balls every millisecond. A skilled writer would’ve destroyed Kid and Shanks both at the same time.
How the hell is Shanks winning a subversion? It was the obvious outcome by a mile :seriously:

I dont have a problem if some characters are out of the way, thing is that Oda forced this shitty rivarly with Midd in Wano giving him countless chapters and in the end it was for nothing.

The same with Meme and in the end she was clowned without using her acoc and her opponents werent even able to defeat her "fair", they relied on some bombs.
Ehh the rivalry died the moment Kid, Law and Luffy teamed up against Kaido/BM. They were reduced to allies at that point, Law far earlier at DR when Luffy was the one who defeated the enemy Law couldnt defeat

This is why his defeat isnt the least bit surprising to me. I do agree that the one shot was too much, but at this point Kid is merely an ally, and never had the crew to back him to compete for One Piece.

I said this multiple times already, but Luffy, BB and Shanks have 3 things in common:

- Yonko status and influence on countries/islands
- 9/10 powerful commanders
- Entire fleets with allied captains.

I wish people saw this clearer, but I guess not.

If the attack literally looks exactly the same them i honestly can't say that it's any stronger or weaker. Also, there's a high possibility that Roger's CoC was still packing a greater punch, and even still, Adv CoC-less Oden managed to eat that.
I mean, it can look the same and still be of different power. A hakiless Shishi Sonson looks just like a hakified one. It's not just about AoE. Oden's Togen Totsuka didn't look spectacular, but it almost one shotted Kaido.

Also, what do you mean with CoC-less Oden? it's not like CoC increases Oden's durability. Also keep in mind, that Oden was portrayed as a natural freak. Who slammed the nurse against the wall at birth, who obliterated a bear at the age of 5, taking a bath in boiling oil for an hour, etc. So that freak of nature tanking a slash from Roger that wasn't really meant to do much harm vs. Shanks having the intend to destroy Kidd and doing so, I don't necessarily see the contradiction here.

2%? Cmon get the fuck outa here. Zoro left no impression on kaido. Meanwhile oden was on his mind 20 years later. Five minutes after ashura and all kaido could think about was luffy. Zoros pitiful attack pulled out a few chest hairs at best.
No impression?
Dumbass Kaido was telling Zoro him and Zoro could take the world over

Oden was only remembered because he was the first one to do you you goober, not because his attack did any more damage

And he was talking about Luffy because he was literally fighting Luffy.

Kaido got fucked and blitzed by 30 broken bones nerfed Zoro.

Current Fresh Zoro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that version of Zoro who Oden'd Kaido.

Current Zoro wrecks either Kaido or Oden.

FLAT EARTHER????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kaios wtf are you going on about? Sometimes I genuinely worry about your mental health.
I’m calling you a flat earther because you seem like the type of gullible idiot to believe in that theory just like you were the same type of gullible idiot to believe I care about forum polls

Stop being so gullible

Ehh the rivalry died the moment Kid, Law and Luffy teamed up against Kaido/BM. They were reduced to allies at that point, Law far earlier at DR when Luffy was the one who defeated the enemy Law couldnt defeat

This is why his defeat isnt the least bit surprising to me. I do agree that the one shot was too much, but at this point Kid is merely an ally, and never had the crew to back him to compete for One Piece.

I said this multiple times already, but Luffy, BB and Shanks have 3 things in common:

- Yonko status and influence on countries/islands
- 9/10 powerful commanders
- Entire fleets with allied captains.

I wish people saw this clearer, but I guess not.
Well there's a reason why they are the only contenders to be PK right now.

FLAT EARTHER????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kaios wtf are you going on about? Sometimes I genuinely worry about your mental health.
You’re also a "flat earther"?
Welcome to the club
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.