Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just witness top 5 worst writing @Seth @Pantheos @lee33 imagine building up Kidd to end it just the next arc
Lmao leave it to Oda to be the only manga author in existence who doesn't know how to properly defeat a character the fandom likes. He continues to make characters look bad in order to hype up other characters. Good mangakas know how to defeat a character without them looking bad. Time and time again, he did with Queen/King vs Greenbull, Greenbull vs Shanks, Kaido, Big Mom, BB vs Rayliegh list goes on and on.

Shishio I know you don't genuinely believe that Zoro is > Luffy so why bother?

Kidd/Law/Zoro are all on the same general level with Law being the strongest and Kidd probably the weakest, if Shanks can one shot one of them then he can one shot all of them.
No I genuinely believe Zoro > Luffy now and I am willing to have a serious debate about it.

That latest shounen jump only supports that..even among staff the idea of Zoro > Luffy isn't far fetched.

And you can't be serious about Law Kidd = Zoro garbage when roof top Zoro shits on both.

Yeah I expected the first arc post Wano to prove why Luffy is finally worthy of being a Yonko now, especially to the world itself and the World Government/Marines most of all but even other contenders and remaining Yonko.
This is where he will finally be able to truly prove himself for Shanks and meet him as his equal now too truly.

I just wish Luffys bounty was higher given what happened with his fruit too but Oda seems to have done this matching bounty thing with him, Law and Kidd to prove, whereas all 3 might have gotten the same bounty, ONLY Luffy was deemed worthy of being a Yonko as you said ofc.

Kidd and Law dont have the territories and influence for Yonkos. They dont have allies nor crewmates strong enough to be considered a Yonko crew, not even remotely. Kidd has 30-ish people in his crew but he went for quantity/size over quality ofc. Shanks has been said to have the most balanced crew and Beckmann being close to his level, like Rayleigh and Roger.

I really wanted to see Law and Kidd get mega wank post Wano and become Yonkos themselves, but theres no way in Hell that Oda was gonna sacrifice Blackbeard, Luffys ultimate nemesis/foil for decades and Shanks (self explanatory especially with Luffy ofc) for those two. As much as I hate to admit and accept it, Kidd and Law were last minute request additions for Oda to include in the story ofc, he was told to design and create them a day before they were needed to be added in the story. Oda even said himself, he expected Kidd to get a MUCH greater role/importance in the story but ironically it was Law instead ofc, much to his surprise too.

Kidd is meant to have haki including CoC but Oda seems to have purposely abandoned that and he only gave Law haki as to help him break out of "Doc Q's free, instant gender reassignment therapy" as far as I remember. I dont recall Law using haki before that?
Yeah, totally agree, Supernovas were there just to show that Luffy's not the only one with great ambitions, but ultimately Luffy's gigachad rival is BB, while Shanks has been important to OP since chapter 1.

I feed bad for Kidd and Law, and at the same time I expected something like that. I also never expect any Supernova to become a SH, they are more like rivals/sometimes allies to Luffy. Bege and Law are probably my favs out of Supernovas.

On the topic of Haki, yeah, I also don't recall Law using it much, he's got hax DF and mostly relies on that.

Says who? You? C'mon bro, I'm tired of pulling your theories uno card.

You have to stop adapting the same logic to everything.

Kidd doesn't matter as much as Luffy. You can't apply the same logic to Kidd because Luffy went thru such development.
Its just bad writing for Kid’s story to end like this and for him to just disappear without a proper conclusion.

If Kid’s story ends this chapter, he should die. If he doesn’t, then he still has a role to play. That’s just basic storytelling.

Why give Kid plot armor and protect him from dying if his role is finished?

Kid and Killer are new gen leaders, theres no way oda forgot this after only 40 chapters lol, the kid pirates will return and they will do something to become pk candidates again, fr fr
I mean, so is Hawkins, X-Drake, Urouge and Bege. Yes, Kidd was among the best, but at the end, the stage belongs to Luffy and Blackbeard. Kidd is just one of those who made it further than most of his peers. Doesn't mean all of the Yonko will fall to the new gen.

He'd definitely make a good member. Even better if they do an impel down 2.0 and release doflamingo and co

Swordman school or style

At the same time you can know have a sword school/style and not have that be your only fighting style.
Like kaku being the best example. Being able to fight with and without his swordsmanship making him more than just a normal swordsman
Jeez we know that Cabaji or fujitora is a swordman ,we all know a school is irrelevant and that holding a sword is not enough.

But when you are compared mainly with the WSS and have the same tools as the swordman of the strawhats then you lose the argument.

BM for example uses a sword but she was never compared to a swordman.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Its just bad writing for Kid’s story to end like this and for him to just disappear without a proper conclusion.

If Kid’s story ends this chapter, he should die. If he doesn’t, then he still has a role to play. That’s just basic storytelling.

Why give Kid plot armor and protect him from dying if his role is finished?
because oda doesn't like to kill

Status
Not open for further replies.