Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanks rivalry with blackbeard is definitely more important than his old one with mihawk
  1. Both have aspirations to find the one piece
  2. Both successors to roger and whitebeard respectively
  3. Both were apprentices on their ship
  4. Shanks was given Rogers hat blackbeard took a similar epithet to whitebeard (both also named after the real life blackbeard)
  5. Low key both might be successors to xebec
  6. Both became emperors 1 year apart in age
  7. Shanks gives blackbeard takes
  8. Shanks focuses mainly on mastering his haki blackbeard focuses on mainly taking powerful devil fruits
  9. Both are currently luffy's biggest competion for pirate king

This is true so idk why people are acting like Law is somehow above Kidd now. Blackbeard has always gotten tagged by his opponents in a fight, Shanks has regular human durability so Oda can't afford to let him get hit and make him look bad because it's bound to do lots of damage. He's not a human punching bag like BB/BM/Kaido.
Law's going to die. Its inevitable. There's no other way for Oda to power up Teach right now.

So Oden can die 20 years ago and still be a "Rival" to Kaidou even though Kaidou is clearly set up as a benchmark for Luffy to surpass.
But Mihawk can stop fighting Shanks 13 years ago and not be a "Rival" to Shanks even though Shanks is clearly set up as a benchmark for Teach to surpass..

:zosleepy:
It's a hypothetical scenario with Oden and no canon scenario, it's just my opinion. I can't prove that Oda would make Oden ~ Kaido.

Big mom was Kaido's old rival, similar to Mihawk and Shanks. Did Kaido truly think of BM as an equal ?

Well Shanks is also a swordsman, and swordsmans attacks are strongest attacks in the series
There have been way stronger attacks than just swords man attacks , like WB ,Akainu , Law , Luffy , Akainu , Kuzan , Fuji , Croc , Boa.
Even with Mihawk and Shanks as swords the upcoming BB, Admirals , Luffy going to have attacks that just as insane .

Destroying his ship was so unnecessarily disrespectful. There are some characters in this manga that Loda just makes it too obvious that he hates lol
Don’t worry, the ship is getting destroyed to make sure that Kid stays on Elbaf until Luffy arrives

See Reggie boy, I told you it would have been better if Elbaf was about Luffy vs Kid and Oda just simply built Kid up to be like an actual arc villain who could maybe last 3 chapters against G5 Luffy

Wasn’t my suggestion better for Kid than what happened? I remember arguing with you and @Roo and @Pantheos

Kid should’ve just fought Luffy. Fighting Luffy automatically grants any character more relevance than anything else… Now here we are

There have been way stronger attacks than just swords man attacks , like WB ,Akainu Law , Luffy , Akainu , Kuzan , Fuji .
Even with Mihawk and Shanks as swords the upcoming BB, Admirals , Luffy going to have attacks that just as insane .
Nah
Zoros Shi Shi Son Son with CoC would do more damage to someone than Bajrung Gun

Insane gap in lethality

You're far too smart to not get the point my man. I know you.

Shanks vs Mihawk rivalry ended 13 years ago. After that neither party had any interest in the other, both grew individually, rose in rank and power completely independent from the other.

Shanks actually has a rival with whom he still has real beef. Teach gave him his scar without 2 fruits that he now has. Teach got the same position. Shanks actively moved before to warn people of Teach. Teach now is neck n neck with his bounty, both are clapping the same guy in the same arc which is clearly a parallel and both faced off during MF while Mihawk left.

I'm not arguing here just to argue but pls don't pretend like you don't get that. If the writing is on the wall for anyone to be ~ Shanks as a rival right now, it's Teach and no bad showing or feat will change this narrative.

@ConquistadoR @ShishioIsBack
I agree with you, so where do you scale Mihawk and Shanks? If one is a 100....

That's not shitting on anything, no one considers Big Mom a swordsman either. That argument just doesn't work for Shanks when every time he's shown ready to fight on panel, he's gripping or using his sword.

In that very same fight you're talking about, Oda wanked Zoro's dream to insane levels by making it the only ambition other than becoming PK to be considered a kingly ambition.

Like I said, Zoro ain't Sanji, Oda respects his kingly ambition.
Oda limiting what being a swordsman and wss is essentially shits on the title
At the very least how people used to perceive it. When people used to think using a sword automatically made you one

Status
Not open for further replies.