Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Acno was hyped as THE god tier, the story had him treat everyone as fodder, how he defeated was the problem.
Imo Mashima rushed the ending with Acnologia. The fight should have been much more difficult. It's also laughable how Natsu, as soon as he got the usual nakama PU, managed to defeat him on the spot. At least I like how tanky Kaido was before he was ultimately defeated.

Because as he said. They were worn out due to their recent war. He played it fair.
Him going for Wano's RP literally has nothing to do with fighting or attacking anyone lol. You can make copies of RPs as much as you want. He could have just waltzed in and took it if he knew where it was. Instead he didnt.

The logic about not harming new gen was about Ryokugyuu, not about himself lmao. THAT is the dialogue. Now you getting further into headcanon

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Mihawk could have taken anyone at Marineford and time will prove me right.

He simply didn't want to help the marines by taking the old whitebeard that was two shotting Akainu.
You understand it, although I sometimes understand the other side.

You have to feed the apes with feats. But it's lowkey funny how big of benefit of the doubt Shanks has for how many pages he appeared on during last 20 years.

Mihawk will get his due too.

There is still difference between how Oda portraited Mihawk and Shanks. I will say even more: there is difference between how Oda portraited Kaido and Shanks.
Per importance to the story it's obviously Shanks who matters more, although Mihawk will get his due in terms of power portrayal.

Do not buy into jokes and bluffs from the haters because once Mihawk's fighting time comes, this fandom will be in shambles.

Erkek and noodle will probably beg TAC to delete their accounts.

@comrade @Garp the Fist @Paperchampion23
Kaido and BM protecting a RP was common knowledge to everyone yet Oda is making a mystery off the fact that the last RP is a mystery and nobody knows its whereabouts. Had it been under the protection of Shanks we would've known because at some point it'd be inevitably as the crew must go after him.
It's a mystery but there's a chance he does have it (no confirmation or even that it's likely, just possible), it wouldn't be crazy if Shanks who seemingly cared about keeping the status quo in the seas decided to keep quiet about it's location until now, in any case we should find out soon who has it or where it could be if it's still unclaimed.

Oh, I agree. Such a missed unexplored concept by Oda.

Everyone thinks Revos are this anti pirate/anti WG deal but I don't think it's the case. Revos are just Pirates with a nicer presentation cause they preach the world changing.

Bounty Hunters should be explored more. Fuck em Marines fuck em Pirates, they only do shit for themselves.
Not too late for oda to make S-hawk a bounty hunter post egghead. He would be a great character for a short solo series tbh

Vegapunk just needs to download a personality on his hard drive:steef:

Him going for Wano's RP literally has nothing to do with fighting or attacking anyone lol. You can make copies of RPs as much as you want. He could have just waltzed in and took it if he knew where it was. Instead he didnt.

The logic about not harming new gen was about Ryokugyuu, not about himself lmao. THAT is the dialogue. Now you getting further into headcanon
The fact that he wanted and took the RP from Kid in this chapter proves that he always was in need of that RP. He didn't take it then and there because it wasn't deserved. He didn't open the way for the RP, Luffy and co did.

This isn't headcanon. In the end he had to get them meaning he was always in all those years dependent on them.

Also while not even the biggest big mom fan/stan would argue oda handled her well her overall portrayal speaks for itself
Her being an emperor and comparable to kaido at the very worst. You could argue she's gotten weaker due to age but that doesn't change the fact she's still a monster

It's undeniably oda was inconsistent with her and refused to let her go all out
Whether it's
  1. Wedding cake mom
  2. O-lin
  3. Inconsistent use of haki specifically conquerors
  4. Even inconsistent use of homies. Them only appering when convenient and disappearing otherwise
    • Like deadass even misery went missing multiple times even mid attacks. Straight up vanishing for no reason by the end
  5. Hell even when she fell down the whole and was conscious she for some reason couldn't call her homies
  6. She wasn't even allowed to land mighty nation once
Even with all the dumb shit oda does to restrict her and its definitely alot of dumb shit linlin is still a monster

Linlin > shanks
:fullmom:
:kuzanshut:

Tbh it was already highly likely ever since Luffy managed to defeat Kaido with nika powers. And considering shounen logic, there is no way that Luffy won't grow massively stronger from now on. Shanks and BB are his next opponent. They can't be weaker than Kaido, it would be illogical.

And now, Shanks one shotted an opponent who's 1/2 part of the force which defeated Big Mom who was comparable to Kaido.

HOWEVER, I still think the gap between Kaido and Shanks is close but imo Shanks definitely has the edge here. It's rather Big Mom who suffers from this chapter even more. At least Kaido also has some potential techniques like Ragnarok, his strongest TB or other higher end techniques to KO Kidd just like that, not to mention Blazing Bagua. But Big Mom? She spammed her entire skillset and still couldn't even KO Kidd for once...

If Big Mom is still alive, I hope she finds a way to age younger again, so that she can still be strong again, like in her prime.
Shanks isn't his next opponent

Also what exactly Luffy needs to beat Shanks?
He's not Teach and IMu

Does Shanks counter Nika powers? Nope
Both have all 3 adhaki

You guys living in the moment
Shanks wouldn't KO kid if he was in wano and Shanks is the enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.