Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Share the theory !!!

I was just going with the third DF cause of the whole “3” skulls thing on his ship, that’s like a century old thing.
It's not that fleshed out or deep tbh lol
Tho my main thoughts are summarized here
Shanks rivalry with blackbeard is definitely more important than his old one with mihawk
  1. Both have aspirations to find the one piece
  2. Both successors to roger and whitebeard respectively
  3. Both were apprentices on their ship
  4. Shanks was given Rogers hat blackbeard took a similar epithet to whitebeard (both also named after the real life blackbeard)
  5. Low key both might be successors to xebec
  6. Both became emperors 1 year apart in age
  7. Shanks gives blackbeard takes
  8. Shanks focuses mainly on mastering his haki blackbeard focuses on mainly taking powerful devil fruits
  9. Both are currently luffy's biggest competion for pirate king

Shanks and blackbeard clearly even before this chapter paralleled roger and whitebeard. This chapter making it even more clear

We know blackbeard also is connected to xebec in some way with him naming his shop after him + making his base pirate island
If the darkness fruit really was his on top of that itd be even more in out faces. Blackbeard taking the devil fruit powers of both whitebeard and xebec

If shanks really does end up being xebec's son he might have learned or inherited one of his powers. Maybe his sword, some special haki, or weapon of some short.
For someone like xebec who was the captain of whitebeard, big mom, kaido, and shiki + seemingly fought roger and garp in a 1v2 he was definitely more than just his devil fruit power
It'd be cool if similar to how roger likley wanted shanks to surpass him xebec wanted the same thing from shanks. Roger maybe giving his hat up to represent that

So while blackbeard forces his way to inherit their powers and legacy
Shanks was ment to inherit their legacy's but either didn't want to of failed
:endthis::zehaha:
I do think blackbeard getting a third devil fruit is definitely a big possibility tho nonetheless.

If i were to bullshit it to fit into my head canon maybe
Blackbeard
  1. Darkness fruit represents xebec
  2. Quake fruit represents newgate
  3. Possible 3rf fruit is unique to him
As for shanks its even harder to guess because their haki is even more mysterious but
  1. A specific form of haki ability/skill xebec specialized in
  2. A specific form of haki ability/skill roger specialized in
  3. A specific form of haki ability/skill shanks himself specializes in

He let the giants sink Kid pirates even when the fodders begged for mercy. It contradicts him asking if they were uninjured first.
I dont think he was asking cause he cared about their condition
I think hes ruthless the moment he believes you want to hurt his friends.

wouldnt be the first character like that . wb also similar.

Ill actually throw this question to the crowd any Blackbeard vs Shanks believer:

Do you believe that Oda, king of short battles (outside of Luffy) and offscreens, can justify that Blackbeard and his 10 commanders will defeat Shanks and all of his 9 commanders (+ Rockstar) in a way that makes viable sense where:

A) He shows just enough for each BB member but not enough to spoil their fight with the Strawhats

B) Each fight is remotely given enough screentime?

This is reason #1 out of like 10 that fundamentally makes zero sense to me in the context of the story. Im not saying they cant have beef. Im not saying they cant skirmish. But ill never understand how the above (and many other things) can be justified when Luffy and Shanks' relationship is literally what drives the story.

Kid and Law losing make sense. Its something Oda can do cleanly in a few chapters because they are 1 ship crews with only 1-2 notable members. Plus, they have been shown off already, so their defeats are justified in the context of not becoming PK.

Please, im just looking for actual sound logic of Shanks being a hypetool for Blackbeard that doesnt sound batshit.

Ill actually throw this question to the crowd any Blackbeard vs Shanks believer:

Do you believe that Oda, king of short battles (outside of Luffy) and offscreens, can justify that Blackbeard and his 10 commanders will defeat Shanks and all of his 9 commanders (+ Rockstar) in a way that makes viable sense where:

A) He shows just enough for each BB member but not enough to spoil their fight with the Strawhats

B) Each fight is remotely given enough screentime?

This is reason #1 out of like 10 that fundamentally makes zero sense to me in the context of the story. Im not saying they cant have beef. Im not saying they cant skirmish. But ill never understand how the above (and many other things) can be justified when Luffy and Shanks' relationship is literally what drives the story.

Kid and Law losing make sense. Its something Oda can do cleanly in a few chapters because they are 1 ship crews with only 1-2 notable members. Plus, they have been shown off already, so their defeats are justified in the context of not becoming PK.

Please, im just looking for actual sound logic of Shanks being a hypetool for Blackbeard that doesnt sound batshit.
Luffy and Shanks beating the dogshit out of Blackbeard before fighting each other for the rights to Laugh Tale would be amazing, ngl

Nothing says so. Though Luffy is meant to surpass them. You think Zoro vs Mihawk will be less than extreme diff?
Mihawk is not Zoros final fight. Imagine being stupid enough to believe zoros dream will happen EOS. Look at other strawhats dreams they will all happen in the same time period, give or take , few weeks. Zoro will become WSS but he will need to defend it. I don't care what people think of the Gorosei, im 99% sure Samurai Wano Ghandi lookalike will be Zoros final opponent. And i believe him to be stronger than Mihawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.