Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest Coward:

Broccoli Man who acts all big against Fodder but shits his pants when Shanks was 1000 miles away.

Admiralfan headcanon: "Shanks came to Wano to stop Broccoli Man"
Reality: Shanks came to Wano for Teach, humiliated Broccoli Man along the way.
Nobody said that except the voices in your head. Find me one post saying this. How could Shanks have known about Ryokugyu when even Akainu had no idea where he went?
He still stopped him from raping the entire alliance though.
good job calling King a fodder btw

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Maybe he can be there can augur have the teleportation DF.
Make no sens to send his commander when a yonko is there with is entire crew BB is not dumb enough to make 2 time the same error “burgess alone in DR”
Don't think BB knows luffy is there. This information was a surprise even for WG. And, morgan has yet to spread rumours about it..even if he did then BB making move from defeating law to egghead in such short time messes timeline

BB was looking for RPG and he said he was waiting for one of Luffy/law/kidd to pass through winner island.

Most likely one of the captains of BB was already heading towards egghead for Vegapunk

All the people(like myself) that have still held on to Sakazuki, Mihawk, Dragon, Blackbeard stocks until now i suggest you keep holding on to them.

Oda is definitely going to do them justice. Dont get immediately swayed by the shanks hype
Well it doesn't mean much coming from an Admiral fanboi like myself but to me Shanks doesn't really look that overwhelming. RN I'd still have Kaido beating him until further feats.

In one piece you can be an enemy to the MC and not be a villain. Lets go over all of the cases why this works for Shanks:

1. Luffy intended to fight Ace, his brother, for One Piece

2. Shanks intends to meet Luffy at his strongest:

3. Luffy wants to not only surpass Shanks, but physically beat him (lets stop acting like Big Mom has the same narrative importance as Shanks, its embarrassing people bring it up like it means anything):

4. Shanks looks at Luffy's bounty poster ominously prior to becoming a Yonko (why does this seem to happen virtually every single time too?):

5. Shanks meeting the Gorosei is reason #1 why we should all be doubting his character, good or bad. The scene is a contradiction, as Shanks, protector of the weak, is discussing issues about a "certain pirate" with people who literally enslave the weak and are very public about it:

6. Shanks, savior of the weak and fair fights, goes to Wano to ensure Blackbeard doesnt attack Luffy here, but in the same breath, decides to go after Luffy's fleet responsible for burning his flags:

7. Shanks also decides, once again ominously, to go for One Piece now, a direct competition against Luffy and Blackbeard:

8. Then while giving Kid a chance to leave, quite literally DESTROYS him when Kid does the opposire and we are left with yet ANOTHER ominous image of Shanks in the end:

9. For fun, you have this comparison between possible "traitors" where Oda only seems to draw people like this when they intend to betray someone in the future. Note that Apoo and Kanjuro's images come hundreds of chapters before they were shown to have betrayed their respectivr groups:

Just food for thought. I think people have this BB vs Shanks thing WAY too simply made. Its more complicated than this, this literally is not all coincidence. There is definitely intent with how Oda draws him and certain key dialogue and scene posed by his character.

I also can see this tying hugely back to chapter 1 from a betrayal of ideals standpoint, and it is very much in line with Oda's "humor" on making his quote unquote "self insert" the main obstacle Luffy has in this story.

Just my 2 cents....I know the brigade will attack me for it
Ah,good old Hakenkreuz WB symbol

Oda only respects "Good Honorable Masculine MC" types like Luffy Sabo Shanks Zoro etc , unless if they are Marines like Drake and Smoker, Aokiji fans need to prepare themselves

The second are main Villain Types like Crocodile Lucci and Doflamingo

Everyone else should lose hope and drop the Manga
Heh, I was going to say that he likes Crocodile a lot, but you covered yourself.

Well it doesn't mean much coming from an Admiral fanboi like myself but to me Shanks doesn't really look that overwhelming. RN I'd still have Kaido beating him until further feats.
Although im not exactly as Admiral fanboy im willing to defend them more just because there's always unnecessary downplay regarding them.

Also i have the same stand on kaido and shanks. Until we see a complete fight from shanks i still have Kaido above him

Status
Not open for further replies.