Who is gonna be the new Headmaster of the Sanji Fandom!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just out of curiosity what exactly is the appeal of Pizarro for you as a Sanji fight?
Because Pizarro as of now fits nowhere against any other straw hats as a fight but Sanji.

Former king of north blue = former prince of north blue

To keep it brief, with them being opposite parallels of the straw hats:

Luffy - BB (captains)
Zoro - Shiryu (Swordsmen)
Usopp - Augur (Snipers)
Jinbei - Burgess (Helmsman)
Nami - Laffitte (Navigators)
Chopper - Doc Q (Doctors)

Then from here:
Brook - Vasco Shot (entertainers, jester and musician)
Franky - Sanjuan Wolf (shipwright dismantles Colossal Battleship)
Sanji - Pizarro (former loyalties)
And Robin - Devon (because they fit nowhere else)
Post automatically merged:

If we are gonna use the job logic on some of the match ups then we should apply it to all of them instead of selectively based on only what we like or dislike. And that's what I did above.

Last edited:
Because Pizarro as of now fits nowhere against any other straw hats as a fight but Sanji.

Luffy - BB (captains)
Usopp - Augur (Snipers)

Then from here:
So basically you're matching them by roles:feelscryingman:
I mean...errbody has their way of looking at tings but imo that's a bit too predictable even more so for someone like Oda.

I get the North Blue ting but Pizarro was never the former prince of North Blue. He usurped the crown of some random Kingdom and then got kicked out coz he was a proper dickhead. What he was is nothing compared to what the Vinsmokes were.

Still it's bit sad that you're matching up Sanji against Pizarro bcoz nothing else fits though :catcry:
Personally never really bought into the whole North Blue ting, and Oda making that the theme of Sanji's BBP fight feels even more unlikely now that Sanji has destroyed the RS and says he doesn't want to have anything to do with Germa anymore.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Luffy - BB (captains)
Usopp - Augur (Snipers)

Then from here:

If we are gonna use the job logic on some of the match ups then we should apply it to all of them instead of selectively based on only what we like or dislike. And that's what I did above.
I can dig these match ups ... makes sense

:cheers:

Luffy - BB (captains)
Usopp - Augur (Snipers)

Then from here:

He also fits against jinbe as Jinbes character arc is heavily connected to the slave trade

So basically you're matching them by roles:feelscryingman:
I mean...errbody has their way of looking at tings but imo that's a bit too predictable even more so for someone like Oda.

I get the North Blue ting but Pizarro was never the former prince of North Blue. He usurped the crown of some random Kingdom and then got kicked out coz he was a proper dickhead. What he was is nothing compared to what the Vinsmokes were.

Still it's bit sad that you're matching up Sanji against Pizarro bcoz nothing else fits though :catcry:
Personally never really bought into the whole North Blue ting, and Oda making that the theme of Sanji's BBP fight feels even more unlikely now that Sanji has destroyed the RS and says he doesn't want to have anything to do with Germa anymore.
I mean he could say fuck it and have Zoro fight Doc Q and Sanji fight Van Augur, but if I am gonna use roles for 3 or 4 members then I will apply it to all of them with known roles and pair the remaining one's based on what we have as more likely.

I mean he could say fuck it and have Zoro fight Doc Q and Sanji fight Van Augur, but if I am gonna use roles for 3 or 4 members then I will apply it to all of them with known roles and pair the remaining one's based on what we have as more likely.
I disagree with this line of thinking but fair enuff.
Also if u're gonna go with this role logic by all means then Zoro v Shiryu should also be up in the air as Shiryu doesn't have a confirmed role for the BBPs either.

Sanji said that but I don’t think his relationships with his family and German are finished
They will have other moments
I don't think it is either but it's unlikely imo for that to be the main plot of his BBP fight.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don't think it is either but it's unlikely imo for that to be the main plot of his BBP fight.
The common trend of Sanji post TS is to have the Germa plot tied to his whole story

I think it can be the same for his BB fight

Also if u're gonna go with this role logic by all means then Zoro v Shiryu should also be up in the air as Shiryu doesn't have a confirmed role for the BBPs either.
Zoro doesn’t have a role either and the second strongest color spread sealed the deal

Shiryu is crystal clear a swordsman and the number 2 in BB's crew via the cover of number 2's.

The common trend of Sanji post TS is to have the Germa plot tied to his whole story

I think it can be the same for his BB fight
Was the case for Wano coz Oda didn't conclude that plot line on WCI.
But that character plot has already be resolved as of Wano so no reason for it to continue into his next fight.
I do think we'd get more Germa lore towards the end of the series as we still don't know about the 66 days of hope that Judge was referring to but I don't think that'd be the main theme of Sanji's next fight. More likely than not that plot is gonna be tied to the Marines/WG imo but well we can disagree on this.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Was the case for Wano coz Oda didn't conclude that plot line on WCI.
But that character plot has already be resolved as of Wano so no reason for it to continue into his next fight.
I do think we'd get more Germa lore towards the end of the series as we still don't know about the 66 days of hope that Judge was referring to but I don't think that'd be the main theme of Sanji's next fight. More likely than not that plot is gonna be tied to the Marines/WG imo but well we can disagree on this.
Oh yeah it can be for later (66 days, future of Germa, Sanji powers, eyebrows etc). It doesn’t need to be addressed during BB fight. But there is still a chance it can be. And Sanji past seemed to be constantly on his tails during the post skip.

Zoro role is fighter and Shiryu role seems to be a fighter too.
"Seems to be" not "confirmed to be"
Do I think Shiryu has the fighter role? "yes" but that is only an assumption. I'm simply conforming to Jailer's logic on the matchups.
Moreover this whole navigator role argument for Laffite is also picking and choosing out of convenience bcoz Laffite isn't simply the Navigator of the BBPs but also their Chief of Staff, which is also an established role in pirate crews/organizations.

Thought we were going by roles and not assuming anything for convenience :catsweat:
Reality is that Shiryu doesn't have an official role yet, No.2 is not a role neither is "swordsman". Do I think Zoro fights Shiryu? "100%" but based of ur role argument, it should still be up in the air.
We are. Zoro and Shiryu are number 2's in their respective crews, you are just gasping at straws if you can't see that. That number 2 cover proves it. Both are swordsmen.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Do I think Shiryu has the fighter role? "yes" but that is only an assumption. I'm simply conforming to Jailer's logic on the matchups
Yes it’s confirmed :
- only sword fighter
- the cover page

not an assumption anymore about that

Moreover this whole navigator role argument for Laffite is also picking and choosing out of convenience bcoz Laffite isn't simply the Navigator of the BBPs but also their Chief of Staff, which is also an established role in pirate crews/organizations.
Yeah it’s complicated, nothing is sure yet

the crew job is a good way to make match up’s but we could have surprises (or not)

But Laffite stays a good contender for Sanji in my mind. But not the only one.

"Seems to be" not "confirmed to be"
Do I think Shiryu has the fighter role? "yes" but that is only an assumption. I'm simply conforming to Jailer's logic on the matchups.
So Zoro is fonna fight Laffitte then. Got you lol.

Once each member of the BB Pirates became captains of their own ships, the role argument went out the window.

The only one that it can works for are Zoro and Usopp as their roles are the only one that actively affects their character story and fighting style of both sides.

The Blackbeard pirates don’t have a shipwright, Blackbeards an Archaeologist, there’s no musician, not even a confirmed cook.