Game 01: Generic Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Credits to Finalbeta in luring Celestia out, causing her to make a mistake in her reply. Took me some time to read through the thread, but when i did, i also found it very suspicious to me that she talked about ignoring the inactives and suddenly went inactive, and curiously enough it's when the pressure came back to her that she became active again

Now we just need to finish the remaining 2 mafias. I'm surprised there were no death this night though. :memehm:

But well that works for us even better I guess :cheers:
One of the biggest mistakes a player can make is to throw shadows to another player and then flee away for the entire remainder of the dayphase.
Post automatically merged:

Only logical explanation stems in the fact the Doctor managed to save the player Mafia had targeted.

This is quite curious because this correspondence could eventually be fruit of a clear dominant threat to Mafia since both Mafia and the Doctor knew that someone was a greater target than all the other players, unless reverse logic also came into play. But most of the players here are total newbies to this game.
The idea is to create chaos during first day. My experiment works.. Thanks to the host in some other forum eho taught me this... One has to appear ultra scummy by calling out one player with a weak case but a valid one.. It's the same with random vote strategy but in a different method.. If one is scummy enough eventhough he is town, there are options available.
1. Another townie will consider him as scum..
2. Another townie with a brilliant mind will think twice why he is way tooooooo scummy to be scum? He may be not.. He is contributing to the progression of the day phase by scum hunting and that devotion ia of a towny behavior and not scum. So I am 50-50 on him but potentially be leaning town on him.. I will give it a another outlook to decide.
3. A real scum will form a wagon on him. He will undermine his reasoning with another stupid reasoning and tryna defend a nonconfirmed town/player.. In that manner, he will be viewed as potentially scum and;
4. Real but some stupid townies will just jump on the wagon.. Typical townies perse...

We draw different reactiona and look at the available scenarios and identify now who is scum or not..isWhat happened yesterday is a perfect example of number 3 c/o Naomi and Celestia.. The former being too consistent in defending Kiwi (nonconfirmed town) hardly. She has information and she threw away too much information to us... The latter rushed to death by throwing back a vote on me and pinpointing me as the scum when I am not.. When she was called out, her defense is weaker than Spandam and she juat ended her ownself with that response..

I am not able to understand the strategy on basis of which Celestia was voted out.

You people are making zero sense here to me.

Why inactive user who said "going inactive is scumy" suddenly becomes so suspicious to the extent that you guys felt the need to vote her out?

Also, why we don't have Nk here? It's seem luck was on our side but I am not the one who believes in luck.

As final said, the only reason here is doctor managed to save a player from Nk but these leave us with more questions than answers.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
As final said, the only reason here is doctor managed to save a player from Nk but these leave us with more questions than answers.
And it depicts how both the doc and mafia went after the same target which means the doctor knew who was in danger, basically an easy target. This might have been me but it's just a single chance in the pot of course.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Since there were no kills that means the person the doctor chose to protect was also the one the mafia intended to kill

So, that player who was intended to be killed is for sure a townie, but only the mafias and the doctor know who that person is. The most obvious target is Finalbeta who was directly involved with Celestia's lynch. It will make sense that he is perceived as a threat to the mafia and someone that needs to be protected by the doctor. On the other hand, Gambit was also involved in lynching Celestia so I guess he could of been a target too :unsure::unsure:

also, congrats everyone for getting rid of SK on the first day

Since there were no kills that means the person the doctor chose to protect was also the one the mafia intended to kill

So, that player who was intended to be killed is for sure a townie, but only the mafias and the doctor know who that person is.
If you're a townie, you better be careful in posting something like this.. This has already been mentioned previously and parroting is one of the scum behavior.. Just saying..

Nonethless, Yall are right in assuming these scenario.. That's one of the possibilities why no kill has befallen last night.

@playa4321 what can u say about the situation ao far?

Reborn

And it depicts how both the doc and mafia went after the same target which means the doctor knew who was in danger, basically an easy target. This might have been me but it's just a single chance in the pot of course.

So, that player who was intended to be killed is for sure a townie, but only the mafias and the doctor know who that person is. The most obvious target is Finalbeta who was directly involved with Celestia's lynch. It will make sense that he is perceived as a threat to the mafia and someone that needs to be protected by the doctor. On the other hand, Gambit was also involved in lynching Celestia so I guess he could of been a target too :unsure::unsure:

also, congrats everyone for getting rid of SK on the first day
No assumptions please.

Let's deduce all the possible scenario and implications. I have one in mind so sharing it.

Doctor doesn't have information gathering ability. So doc will protect only that player about whom he/she is 100% sure is townie and had bonding on first day.

If mafia and doctor both end up using their ability on same townie then not only that townie is in danger but now even the doctor. Why? Because as long as doctor is there, mafia won't be able to get rid of that townie whom they perceived as such a big threat that they felt the need to do away on first day.

All mafia needs to do is to figure out which players had bonding with their target, use their day cop ability and they can get doctor either by setting him up as scum in day phase or through Nk at night.

Bogard

You can't win
Doctor doesn't have information gathering ability. So doc will protect only that player about whom he/she is 100% sure is townie and had bonding on first day.
Which is exactly why he could have tried protecting Finalbeta because FB is the one who lured Celestia out who turned out to be SK, and thus the doctor may have judged that mafia may have tried to kill him during the night.

With that said, one thing i agree with you is the fact that it could be something else. I'm waiting for other posters to post before giving that opinion of mine though.

We also have a cop on our side. I'm curious to see what he may have found out during this night

Reborn

Which is exactly why he could have tried protecting Finalbeta because FB is the one who lured Celestia out who turned out to be SK, and thus the doctor may have judged that mafia may have tried to kill him during the night.

With that said, one thing i agree with you is the fact that it could be something else. I'm waiting for other posters to post before giving that opinion of mine though.

We also have a cop on our side. I'm curious to see what he may have found out during this night
You know in mathematics, there is something called permutation and combinations. I am sure you all are aware of that.

What happened yesterday during day phase and night had few possibilities revolving around it and not just one. That's why I said 'no assumptions'

Fb and you presented one possibility.

I presented you another possible scenario.

It's very important that we deduce all possibilities asap before we decide our next course of action.

And, as you said others need to post more because then only we will be able to get correct picture.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Doctor had no physical means to be 100% sure of the alignment of a player, so all he could do was to try to take the road mafia would also travel and so attempt to salvage the player he visualized as target, that's how it works.

This is actually base deduction arising from the bare mechanics of this game but assumptions are necessary here since we can't get inside the mind of the Doc. We need to figure likely scenarios though.

I am curious on your curousity tbh. When I play cop, I tryna make sure that I Outed the scum I could have caught but wouldn't claim for the sake of claiming and protection. The way I interpret your opinion is that your Tryna fish who the cop is.. What if the cop had checked a townie? It's not advisable for him/her to give us any information just yet.. This is risky

Bogard

You can't win
I am curious on your curousity tbh. When I play cop, I tryna make sure that I Outed the scum I could have caught but wouldn't claim for the sake of claiming and protection. The way I interpret your opinion is that your Tryna fish who the cop is.. What if the cop had checked a townie? It's not advisable for him/her to give us any information just yet.. This is risky
No i don't care who the cop is, but the information he'd give to us is the one i'm caring the most about. Obviously i don't expect him to tell right away who the mafia is when there are still 2 mafias, but i want to look at the way other people would post that could possibly help town or catch mafia. Even if the cop only found a townie, it could help reassure us guys who is town and make us a step closer to find the mafia. If he found mafia directly, it would even be better. So overall, i simply want more activity and deduce based on posts who might be mafia

Be honest it is hard to tell who could be villian at this point.
You don't have any suspects until now? From I remembered, you were actively throwing shades last dp and used an awesome random vote strategy in order to harness different reactions which could have led in you spotting a scum.. There was am awesome activity from you last dp bit it suddenly abruptly went down today. What happened to that devotion? Scums will most likely be more active d1 but will eventually lurk.
No i don't care who the cop is, but the information he'd give to us is the one i'm caring the most about. Obviously i don't expect him to tell right away who the mafia is when there are still 2 mafias, but i want to look at the way other people would post that could possibly help town or catch mafia. Even if the cop only found a townie, it could help reassure us guys who is town and make us a step closer to find the mafia. If he found mafia directly, it would even be better. So overall, i simply want more activity and deduce based on posts who might be mafia
Again, there are ways to deduce suspects by simply leading the town by calling them out.. Claiming is important but it depends. At this point, outing the cop by outing another townie will favor the scums, too. Why? It will be an open target for them at night..

That cycle was pretty good, props to FB for catching the SK. Also, no deaths this NP, which means that the doctor hit the same target as mafia or they forgot to send the action or maybe even didn’t want to send it (weird but not impossible). That’s the only scenario I can think of, giving the roles we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.