Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that Carrot gonna join the Strawhats crew, she has lot of potencial and with some training in haki she would be very powerfull.
Also the fit to the crew, she came alongside with the strawhats to Whole Cake island, her friend die(like the strawhats having someone who die in their past), she was a really good part and add something to the strawhats, I hope Carrot joining them.
i think WE ARE NOT ready for Carrot to join the crew... i mean, look at Jinbei, his first appearance was all the way back at impel down (and foreshadowed even further back at Baratie when Nami saw his poster), and through how many attempts and how many epic moments (protecting Luffy from Akainu, bringing Luffy back to his sense after Ace died, blood-transfusion, declaration to Big Mom) before finally he joined the SH crew at Wano.
don't misunderstand, i love Carrot so much as a character (I can't even think of any better candidate to join the crew right now), and her role as the look out has kinda been established, but compared to Jinbei, Carrot must have his moment first before joining, because i think she shouldn't join that easily while Jinbei had to go through so much before joining the crew (don't even compare Carrot to any SH who joined pre-time skip)

i think WE ARE NOT ready for Carrot to join the crew... i mean, look at Jinbei, his first appearance was all the way back at impel down (and foreshadowed even further back at Baratie when Nami saw his poster), and through how many attempts and how many epic moments (protecting Luffy from Akainu, bringing Luffy back to his sense after Ace died, blood-transfusion, declaration to Big Mom) before finally he joined the SH crew at Wano.
don't misunderstand, i love Carrot so much as a character (I can't even think of any better candidate to join the crew right now), and her role as the look out has kinda been established, but compared to Jinbei, Carrot must have his moment first before joining, because i think she shouldn't join that easily while Jinbei had to go through so much before joining the crew (don't even compare Carrot to any SH who joined pre-time skip)
The problem with a character now needing to disappear for several arcs and come back later is that there's so few arcs left

I think it's safe to say this is the MAXIMUM of what we can expect
Post-Wano Arc
Elbaf Arc
*Post Elbaf Arc if it's a big arc*
Maybe another small arc here
Raftel Arc
Final War Arc

Nah. If anyone else joins they're joining here and now.

She's a fucking CHILD - not like Buggy, Momonosuke or Shanks - a DELICATE and INNOCENT CHILD

They're gunning for the One Piece - it's dangerous. They didn't take Aisa from Skypiea, who was arguably far more important than Tama for their respective arcs - it isn't happening
Not like Momo or Buggy no, she has more guts than them and is probably more powerful too. lol.

Aisa didn't go with them because the kid and apprentice role is reserved for Tama :madmonk:

The problem with a character now needing to disappear for several arcs and come back later is that there's so few arcs left

I think it's safe to say this is the MAXIMUM of what we can expect
Post-Wano Arc
Elbaf Arc
*Post Elbaf Arc if it's a big arc*
Maybe another small arc here
Raftel Arc
Final War Arc

Nah. If anyone else joins they're joining here and now.
nice opinion, hope Carrot will get her moment here and now

Not like Momo or Buggy no, she has more guts than them and is probably more powerful too. lol.

Aisa didn't go with them because the kid and apprentice role is reserved for Tama :madmonk:
Dude, she's arguably the weakest named character in the entire story

A malnutritioned 8 year old girl with no haki, combat ability and her only special power is being able to make fruit from her cheeks

Just no

Chouchou could oneshot her - she's useless - people in the crew have to serve a purpose

First let's take a look at Jinbei, which is the first member to join SH post time-skip :
- His first appearance was all the way back at impel down (and foreshadowed even further back at Baratie when Nami saw his poster)
- How many attempts and how many epic moments (protecting Luffy from Akainu, bringing Luffy back to his sense after Ace died, blood-transfusion, declaration to Big Mom) that Jinbei has been through before finally joining the SH crew at Wano.

After the 3D2Y, you surely felt that the main SH crew has been established and we absolutely don't want to have "any character" to just join the crew, but in my opinion, Jinbei is definitely not "any character" anymore after all of those above.

Don't misunderstand, I love Carrot so much as a character (I can't even think of any better candidate to join the crew right now), and her role as the look out has kinda been established, but compared to Jinbei, Carrot must have her moment and deep connection with the crew first before joining, because i think she shouldn't join that easily while Jinbei had to go through so much before joining the crew (don't even compare Carrot to any SH who joined pre-time skip).

And isn't it kinda rushy to have Carrot join the crew right after Jinbei joined while Jinbei joining the crew has been foreshadowed for hundreds of chapters since the Fishmand Island? I know One Piece is 80% done, and there're not much arcs left, but still...

What's your opinion?

Last edited:
First let's take a look at Jinbei, which is the first member to join SH post time-skip :
- His first appearance was all the way back at impel down (and foreshadowed even further back at Baratie when Nami saw his poster)
- How many attempts and how many epic moments (protecting Luffy from Akainu, bringing Luffy back to his sense after Ace died, blood-transfusion, declaration to Big Mom) that Jinbei has been through before finally joining the SH crew at Wano.

After the 3D2Y, you surely felt that the main SH crew has been established and we absolutely don't want to have "any character" to just join the crew, but in my opinion, Jinbei is definitely not "any character" anymore after all of those above.

Don't misunderstand, I love Carrot so much as a character (I can't even think of any better candidate to join the crew right now), and her role as the look out has kinda been established, but compared to Jinbei, Carrot must have his moment and deep connection with the crew first before joining, because i think she shouldn't join that easily while Jinbei had to go through so much before joining the crew (don't even compare Carrot to any SH who joined pre-time skip).

And isn't it kinda rushy to have Carrot join the crew right after Jinbei joined while Jinbei joining the crew has been foreshadowed for hundreds of chapters since the Fishmand Island? I know One Piece is 80% done, and there're not much arcs left, but still...

What's your opinion?
In a sense I agree to the fact any further additions to the crew have to have been around for a significant amount of time. Without this, Oda cannot achieve the same depth and exploration of the characters in question

I think Kin'emon is the candidate with the least panel time - other than that; I will only consider peopl who have been around or in the picture for a long time - I could see Vivi joining the crew as a full fledged member depending on what's happened to her - that being said she'd need to have massively powered up to even be useful in any form

Other than Vivi, the only other guy I could see having a chance is Bon-chan - nobody else owes a debt to Luffy and the crew or is friendly with them and nowhere to go. He's stuck in Impel Down but I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way out by simply disguising himself. I expect there will be an arc (possible Elbaf) where all these Baroque Works related characters are involved: Crocodile, Daz, Bon, maybe even Vivi? Who knows.

But Carrot certainly is a no go for now

In a sense I agree to the fact any further additions to the crew have to have been around for a significant amount of time. Without this, Oda cannot achieve the same depth and exploration of the characters in question

I think Kin'emon is the candidate with the least panel time - other than that; I will only consider peopl who have been around or in the picture for a long time - I could see Vivi joining the crew as a full fledged member depending on what's happened to her - that being said she'd need to have massively powered up to even be useful in any form

Other than Vivi, the only other guy I could see having a chance is Bon-chan - nobody else owes a debt to Luffy and the crew or is friendly with them and nowhere to go. He's stuck in Impel Down but I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way out by simply disguising himself. I expect there will be an arc (possible Elbaf) where all these Baroque Works related characters are involved: Crocodile, Daz, Bon, maybe even Vivi? Who knows.

But Carrot certainly is a no go for now
the fact vivi has already been given the number of the 5.5 straw hat makes me think that is where she will remain, basically half a crew member, that and that she was never supposed to even be Vivi in the first place, Oda turned miss wednesday to vivi the princess on a whim. i believe Oda has had all the straw hats planned out since the beginning, and while some of them might have evolved since the start of the series until they showed up, the core of their characters still remains intact.

as for Galdino, Oda specifically wanted Galdinos VA as the VA for Franky, i'm pretty sure that means he was never supposed to or will never be a straw hat.

the fact vivi has already been given the number of the 5.5 straw hat makes me think that is where she will remain, basically half a crew member, that and that she was never supposed to even be Vivi in the first place, Oda turned miss wednesday to vivi the princess on a whim. i believe Oda has had all the straw hats planned out since the beginning, and while some of them might have evolved since the start of the series until they showed up, the core of their characters still remains intact.

as for Galdino, Oda specifically wanted Galdinos VA as the VA for Franky, i'm pretty sure that means he was never supposed to or will never be a straw hat.
I never mentioned Galdino aka Mr 3 - are you sure you're talking about the right person?

Also, have you got a source for the Vivi being a Princess was a decision made on a whim?

Whoops, I meant Bentham. that's what happens when I try to use their real names lol.

Topic: Characters that did better than expected

To be honest, I have lots of such characters, but if I have to choose one, it must be VIVI!! No, she was Miss Wednesday.

At first she appeared as an agent of Baroque Works, but I didn't think more about her. But, one time I drew Miss Wednesday with her hair down, and found, "Ohh she looks like a princess!"

I got the plan of the Alabasta Kingdom arc a while before. And then what will it be like if this girl would be the princess of Alabasta?

The Alabasta arc started like that. For that reason, still beloved by fans, the character, Nefeltari Vivi was born.

Serialization is WONDERLAND. Eiichiro Oda

Status
Not open for further replies.