General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mha is One piece from Coby's perspective, meaning it's less manlier, Oda has a feel for old school samurai/western type stories, Mha is more p****fied

Deku is Coby
All Might Guy is shittier version of Garp, I roll my eyes when I see him be considerate to his students, Garp would drop love punches left & right
& he'd eat Endeavor's biscuits.

Luffy has princess harems, while Deku reads letters from 4 year old children

Too many chibi looking bitches

Government in Mha is 100 times less interesting than One Piece WG

And it has so many Naruto Part I ripoff moments, it's kinda annoying.
:kaidowhat:

I don't even think you fully understand MHA which is understandable if you never actually continued reading it and dropped it, a lot of those you say are just false especially the last part.

MHA is quite good and is not finished at all (currently it is great) and MHA has some strong and good themes that can elevate it a lot. Some parts are cliche but the whole show is enjoyable and can turn great later.
MHA is pretty good and it's definitely one of my most favorite Shonen manga right now, although I still like One Piece and Hunter x Hunter way more. MHA is a series that I feel like some don't fully understand when reading it or watching it at first and will always try to compare it to others like Naruto, but MHA is nothing like Naruto or even One Piece maybe in the beginning it was like that but not anymore. Deku obviously isn't the best MC and I can understand why some don't like him but he's not a bad character, and even if Deku isn't the most enjoyable character at least the other characters are.

Also MHA is very good when focusing on its characters, of course Horikoshi can't focus on everyone but when he does focus on a character he does a really good job with it. To me MHA is very good when focusing on the characters and the story, the only thing it lacks right now is the world building. One of the things I like what Horikoshi did was have an arc focused on the villains, something that most other Shonen manga wouldn't do. Oda himself can't even have one single arc without Luffy and the other SHs, and when he did try to have an arc that wasn't focused on Luffy which was the Reverie arc he still mentioned Luffy multiple times lol.

Even though I still like One Piece more, I will say that as of now I'm actually enjoying the current arc in MHA a bit more than the Wano arc.

MHA went off the boil for me after One for All. I'm interested in individual characters, but as a whole the experience has kind of lost its lustre for me.

HxH's the same. I actively don't care about the majority of the characters including the four main ones, although Hisoka's always entertains if he counts as a fifth MC. The Phantom Troupe plot is really all that really keeps my interest there.
the phantom troupe is badasssss.... if Togashi kinda decided to use oda's plot to bring back old enemies, i just wish its the phantom troupe
tbh, i've never liked hisoka, he just seems disturbing like a pervert pedofile
Post automatically merged:

I don't even think you fully understand MHA which is understandable if you never actually continued reading it and dropped it, a lot of those you say are just false especially the last part.

MHA is pretty good and it's definitely one of my most favorite Shonen manga right now, although I still like One Piece and Hunter x Hunter way more. MHA is a series that I feel like some don't fully understand when reading it or watching it at first and will always try to compare it to others like Naruto, but MHA is nothing like Naruto or even One Piece maybe in the beginning it was like that but not anymore. Deku obviously isn't the best MC and I can understand why some don't like him but he's not a bad character, and even if Deku isn't the most enjoyable character at least the other characters are.

Also MHA is very good when focusing on its characters, of course Horikoshi can't focus on everyone but when he does focus on a character he does a really good job with it. To me MHA is very good when focusing on the characters and the story, the only thing it lacks right now is the world building. One of the things I like what Horikoshi did was have an arc focused on the villains, something that most other Shonen manga wouldn't do. Oda himself can't even have one single arc without Luffy and the other SHs, and when he did try to have an arc that wasn't focused on Luffy which was the Reverie arc he still mentioned Luffy multiple times lol.

Even though I still like One Piece more, I will say that as of now I'm actually enjoying the current arc in MHA a bit more than the Wano arc.
right, my brother has been forcing me to try read MHA, because he said the villain arc is so good that it's better than the whole story, which made me doubt even more to try the manga 😂

Last edited:
In its genre, no. Closest competition would be, for me... Full Metal Alchemist? I think that might be aimed at a slightly older audience, but still close enough.

Like, I'd say Berserk, but the two are totally different things that are telling totally different stories. I'd say both are the best at doing what they set out to do- One Piece is not wanting to tell a grimdark story of a man seeking revenge and regaining his humanity, complete with explicit torture, murder, rape and sex. And Berserk is certainly not a quirky adventure pirate story aimed at teens that touches on themes like family and freedom with gags nearly every chapter.

But both are absolutely fabulous at what they aim to do, which I think is the important part, and where a lot of One Piece criticism is misguided.
Quite literally the only other 2 manga I've loved lol

really?? wow i'm missing out! really gotta start reading again soon
Dont get your hopes up, there hasn't been anything released since last year. I really don't expect that series to finish at this point. Its depressing. Vagabond has been the same since 2015.

Quintessential is the word I use, not just best. There's something about OP that no other manga just doesn't have.

- Unique mysteries about its characters, world and plotlines
- Long, dedicated plotlines that DO pay off and in retrospect are way more enjoyable on a 2nd reread.
- The most unique powers/fights probably in the genre (not saying the best by a long shot, but the most unique)

There is something about OP's longevity that actually makes it better and turns it into this massive-in-scope adventure manga. There is still so much more to go , and at the same time, each arc accomplishes so much. Its a really weird experience, especially when Oda comes up with more and more. I'm happy that DR is a 100 chapter arc and Wano is poised to be bigger. It makes the scale of the problems feel larger in a way.

Its also why people are excited for the future. Prospects for a Vegapunk/Kuma/Bonney plotline are well set up. The Rocks plot has gotten interesting. Elbaf is certainly set up for something. The moon has it significance, etc etc. There's just so many place this manga can and probably will go, and that is exciting.

For me I don't think any manga is better than One Piece, I would even say that there is no best manga as everyone has their own opinion on which manga they think is the best. For me One Piece is the best despite some of its flaws, the only other manga I would say that is almost on the same level as One Piece for me would be Hunter x Hunter. While I like One Piece more than Hunter x Hunter, imo I would say that the Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter is better than most of the arcs in One Piece including the Enies Lobby arc and even the Marineford arc.

One Piece to me is the ideal, not best or perfect, action adventure comic. Doesn't take fifty years like Berserk, more coherent than JoJo, etc.

The one thing people always bring up that surprises me is HxH. Not sure if serious because when I look at it I see stick figures with dumb hair. It looks like a parody.
Look at dat turkey though. Exquisite

U mean the Naruto ripoff part is not true? Hell no

Kakashi = instructor who removes powers with eyes
Bakugo = Sasuke, the rival, whom Deku fought like in Naruto vs Sasuke part I
Todoroki = Gaara, the mysterious prodigy dude
Gravity Girl = Hinata, but poor instead of rich
All Might = Jiraya
The dude with the hand covering his face, All Might's failure = Pain, Jiraya's failure
Chuunin exams constantly cause that's what people loved in Naruto Part I
There's even a Zabuza in Mha

Better? No. There sadly isn't any manga out there that can be considered greater than One piece in its totality right now. From the characters, to the technical writing from Oda, world development, and sheer grandness of everything.

On par? Yes, only 3.

1. Hajime No Ippo, its essentially One Piece of sports manga.
2. Detective conan, masterpiece of short stories connecting a bigger story.
3. Kingdom, the only manga that could potentially surpass One Piece down the line when both are said and done. It's a more darker One Piece essentially.

When it comes to the reading experience, these 3 along with one piece are in a league by themselves, due to the amount of work the mangaka's have put into them with 2 of them above 1000 chapters, 1 almost getting there, and the other will get there in couple of years but is already on par with them with over 600 chapters.

Manga that couldve been greater than or on par with OP if their mangaka's put in the same amount of work as Oda, Hara, and George:

1. Berserk
2. Ruler of the Land, korean manga
3. Attack on Titans
4. HunterxHunter

There's a few other I'm on the lookout for, but will hold my opinion on them after seeing some more.
----------------

With that said it doesnt meant you cant enjoy one more than the other. You may very well like a 50 chapter manga more than One Piece, since this is just sheer personal preference.

However, one thing to keep in mind as everybody is suggesting their mangas. Not a single manga mentioned will ever recieve the breakdown and heavy focus from fans that OP recieves, with daily heated arguments swaying how you feel about the character. Your weekly anxiety of waiting for a chapter so you can judge it.. etc etc.(Sadly fan interaction has turned many away from OP as well and how they feel about it.)

The art in Hunter x Hunter may not be the best but the story is, also let's just say that I never cried over Ace's death but I did for two certain characters in Hunter x Hunter lol.
Fully agreed.

Crazy thing is that the art is sometimes really good and sometimes just butt-ugly :catblush:

I personally value a great story more highly than some shaky artstyle here and there, so for me it's not a huge deal. I see why some manga fans, who value great artstyle, are turned off by some chapters though.

Fully agreed.

Crazy thing is that the art is sometimes really good and sometimes just butt-ugly :catblush:

I personally value a great story more highly than some shaky artstyle here and there, so for me it's not a huge deal. I see why some manga fans, who value great artstyle, are turned off by some chapters though.
and here, people complains about luffy's scar placed inconsistently LOL

Uh yeah Death Note, forgot that one.

Early HxH, the Hunter Exam and Zoldyck arc is not that good. The arc is skipable for me.
death note is a master piece 👌 but nothing compared to op imo... no world building, the newer characters were shit (near, mello, mikami, short-hair girl), and it's too short lol, i finished it in one seating