How strong is Figarland Garling ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You used Franky as a counter-example, as if Franky's progress could lead him to fighting a Gorosei :suresure:

If any SHs fight the old men its just Zoro and Sanji.
Post automatically merged:

Why Mars though ? I'm curious why you think this.
Nothing too concrete just an vibe:
1. Order of the planets. If Imus the moon, then those closest to the moon are probably his closest commanders:

Mars and Venus
Mercury and Jupiter
Saturn

2. Mars has a god fruit that turns him into some kind of bird. Having this combined with the name of a war god, he acts as a decent stand in for judge who his people saw as a Geruda, a bird god of strength.

3. If you want to use the warrior god titles, the environment is the one most connected to Sanjis dream as that means Mars oversees the oceans and waters of the world, perhaps leaving a hint for the location of the All Blue

4. I genuinely don’t see Saturn making it out of egghead. Egghead is supposed to be a world shattering incident so the death of a gorosei, defeat of an admiral, and destruction of Vegapunks super weapon seems pretty fitting.

People already fighting over Zoro, Sanji or even Nami's Gorosei matchups just like they fought about their admiral matchups over the years. It would be funny to see the meltdown when strawhats dont get to fight any of these folks but the Blackbeard pirates as their final opponents lmao.

It's probably the 5 rooftop supernovas or replace Killer with Sanji who's gonna fight the Gorosei.
Doubt any other SHs are that strong and that important to face these top tiers.
Another choice is the OG 5 SHs but eh Nami and Ussop,....
It depends when it is. I have a bias against them being EOS opponents (I hate the idea of geezers being final opponents in general) but I can see Usopp beating one since he does need to become strong someday for his dream.

@MarineHQ
Still doesn't make much sense, how Shanks ended up abandoned as a toddler and now despite being one of the most powerful and influential pirates, aiming for the One Piece and fucking over the WG pretty hard by stealing the Nika fruit from them and feeding it to Luffy, is still so highly respected by the WG to a point the Gorosei sit with him on the table and don't touch him. While Doffy, who was part of the inner circle, got treated like trash after his father abandoned his position despite Doffy wanted to stay a Tenryuubito.

Shanks also has a bounty. So I doubt it's as easy as Shanks being just untouchable due to his supposed status
That's not on Shanks though, it's clear that this is the Figarlands doing just like how Sanji cut all ties with his family but his family weren't done with him.

If an emperor doesn't get a bounty it would just result in the people questioning why that is and whether something fishy is going on there, not very smart to do that.

The "since it's you" from Sengoku and the Gorosei has always been very suspicious, glad we're getting more info on that.

G

Gorosei Informer

I hope they give him something other than generic tough guy attitude
Yeah completely agree. There's so much wonderful potential for nuance with him. Oda loves to subvert expectations and make some characters have completely different, surprising sides to them so I pray Akainu is like that too.

If Hibari is really his daughter too, that adds so much potential to how Oda set up Akainu vs Koby as characters and literally even. Koby is the Antithesis/Opposite of Akainu and Hibari would be the perfect ironic bridge between them. The one to maybe make them even work together when necessary and to be the hilarious awkward future father-in-law to Koby if Koby and Hibari get together and married, with Akainu disapproving of Koby entirely and trying to kill him as well as comparing him to the previous Marine Hero Garp and the guy who seems to have inspired Akainu the most too lol. (I really feel Garp inspired Akainu heavily, as well as Zephyr).

That cover page of him tending to the Bonsai with his BFF Kizaru showed a more tender side to him and I like to think he would be upset if something happened to Kizaru or vice versa. The fact he chose to spare Aokiji when he shouldn't have had to nor would he usually, given his track record, showed he does have a sense of honour, respect and even mercy surprisingly, which made me like him more too.

I was talking to a friend earlier on how Akainu can truly be a tragic character by the end of the story too, very easily. The potential is there. He's similar to Inspector Javert from Les Miserables and thus characters like that can have bittersweet to tragic revelations and fates too.

I genuinely find most of the Admirals really fascinating. Like Woro, Franky, Brook, Jinbei, Robin etc, there's subtle layers to their characters.

In this song too, Akainu shows a much cooler, more proud and inspiring side to him too:

An almost "romantic" side to him even, especially in the adventure/bravado sense too.

The autumn leaves are a beautiful magma color.
After you saw the autumn leaves, you returned to the route.
It reminds you of family.
After you ate maple manjuu, you returned to work.
Be sure not to live disgracefully.
Once you fall behind,
you can't take the frontlines for your whole life.
Holding up thorough justice,
invincible, it's kill or be killed.

Battle without honor!
The villains you hate push you too far.
Abuse! Come, blow out the flame.
The red hot magma..
is prepared.

After you saw the carps fighting, you returned to the route.
It beats at your bravery.
After you ate lots of oysters, you returned to work.
You fight with those guys towards that sea.
Once you feel fear,
you can't win against yourself for your whole life.
The alarm ringing on the wanted poster,
burning, it's catch or be caught.

Battle without honor!
It's a fate where pirates don't prosper.
We'll win! Come, roar out, color it.
This naval bond...
is kicking about.

Battle without honor!
The villains you hate push you too far.
Abuse! Come, blow out the flame.
The red hot magma..
is prepared.

If you say I “won't run away,”
you're already living, don't give up,
you idiots!

Both him and Fujitora as well as some other characters like Woro ofc and Doflamingo have amazing songs like these too! Akainus and Fujitoras songs really hit different, especially when you know the lyrics too.

People already fighting over Zoro, Sanji or even Nami's Gorosei matchups just like they fought about their admiral matchups over the years. It would be funny to see the meltdown when strawhats dont get to fight any of these folks but the Blackbeard pirates as their final opponents lmao.
Why people think Oda specifically made 10 v 10 match-ups for BB vs SH Pirates, instead just to match them up with the likes of Gorosei who are not even 10?

Wrong comparison

No admiral was shown to serve any CDs like how kizaru was shown

It's only in front of Gorosei kizaru was portrayed like this.

So oda has made clear distinction among bosses - CDs and Gorosei.

And, then you have this chapter with Gorosei named after warrior Gods.

Connect the dots
Kizaru respects his elders and wants to raise his stocks, really nothing else behind the scene
The warrior gods name is a huge misunderstanding, they are gods because of their CD status, nothing says they're gods like Nika
So any Celestial Dragon who happens to be a warrior should be a warrior god lol

Can't see how a chicken is gonna end up stronger than the average top tier

Kizaru respects his elders and wants to raise his stocks, really nothing else behind the scenes
The warrior gods name is a huge misunderstanding, they are gods because of their CD titles, nothing says they're gods like Nika
So any Celestial Dragon who happens to be a warrior should be a warrior god lol

Can't see how a chicken is gonna end up stronger than the average top tier
They aren’t real gods

fake gods like Enel and his priests to create a perfect society

Status
Not open for further replies.