Current Events ‘Warrior God’ is a Fake Translation - Viz Official Translation is ‘Godhead’

Why are you guys crying and throwing up over Zolo still? And Stephen had no choice in it anyway. Animal Kingdom Pirates sounds sillly? Have you seen FourTricks and Hamlet? Not to mention, there's nothing wrong with Animal Kingdom Pirates because the term in Japenese All of the Animal In the World Pirates which would in fact be...The Animal Kingdom Pirates.

As for Mother Frame. Assume that someone who works in the Viz probably knows a little more than you. If Flame makes sense but they went with "Frame". well find out why instead of crying and throwing up.
Post automatically merged:

Me: Wow Godhead sounds cool, no way anyone is going to shit their pants about it and here we go nerds
Its a cool name. Why is this even a thing

I love that Artur can't speak japanese is like: "Well akschually in this culture it means this whereas in the English speaking culture which doesn't have that history it was translated to be a term that could be interpreted in the way the asian cutlre did it and Stephen went that extra step because he is a bad translator." Are you all cracked in the head? Are you listening to what you're saying? Yes this translator is bad because he made it understandable rather than requiring us to read a wiki page or something?

You guys are aware that he put it back, right? Like, this was been changed for a year? And also, he only deleted the meaning for those who are obstinately stupid and unwilling to read context clues for Agenda Reasons. He thought it was clear. Meanqwhuile, those who *knew better* were vomiting nonsense on twitter.
So when Carrot calls Katakuri Big Mom Pirates, this is because he is ALL the Big Mom PIrates? Or when Nami called Robin Baroque works, Robin = Crocodile?

I wish you brainlets realised that Viz is done translating before you even breathe spoilers. He is not changing anything.
Are u being paid by stephen too cry soo much?

Viz have more official translations than the English one, that is widely know for being full of nonsense while some like the French and Portuguese ones are recognized for being much better translations, and they use Warrior God and Mother Flame.

OK but Lee's bs opening post is intellectually dishonest and anyone who says the Gorosei have nothing to do with war are stupid af
I know Lee's agenda. My point was Lee used a good source this time to back his point, unlike that "debunked" thread lmao.

The idea of something like a "warrior god of money" or "warrior god of agriculture " is not a weird or foreign concept to most Asian countries
Really? Lets ask the Asians on this forum, I am sure they wont agree with you

there are many, many warrior gods of finance.
Is that Guan Yu? Bruh, he was a real person, not any mythical figure. The emperors gave him the official title of "God of War". Who calls Guan Yu "warrior god of finance"?

He is misinforming people

Last edited:
I know Lee's agenda. My point was Lee used a good source this time to back his point, unlike that "debunked" thread lmao.

Really? Lets ask the Asians on this forum, I am sure they wont agree with you

Is that Guan Yu? Bruh, he was a real person, not any mythical figure. The emperors gave him the official title of "God of War". Who calls Guan Yu "warrior god of finance"?

He is misinforming people
guan yu was absolutely a mythical figure as much as he was a real person lol. you really think all the stuff people say he does happened irl?

Most of you just need to listen to the OP podcast where Stephen often explains his translation decision. He actually gives his reason why he didn’t go with “Warrior…”
It’s funny how the average WGer thinks Stephen doesn’t know what the Japanese means literally lol

Most of you just need to listen to the OP podcast where Stephen often explains his translation decision. He actually gives his reason why he didn’t go with “Warrior…”
It’s funny how the average WGer thinks Stephen doesn’t know what the Japanese means literally lol
What was his reasoning for the "Godhead"? The podcast is too long for me to listen an entire episode

Doesn't matter really, "Warrior God" added nothing we don't know, they are CD gods who can fight.
Sounded terrible tho, Godhead has a nicer ring to it, and goes well with the rest of the title (Law, finance etc)

What was his reasoning for the "Godhead"? The podcast is too long for me to listen an entire episode
the tl;dr version of it is that he felt "warrior god of X" etc was a bit wordy so was trying to find a single word equivalent, but couldn't find one that fit perfectly and eventually settled on "godhead", particularly because it also ties in with the holy theme that Oda's going with re. Imu.

the tl;dr version of it is that he felt "warrior god of X" etc was a bit wordy so was trying to find a single word equivalent, but couldn't find one that fit perfectly and eventually settled on "godhead", particularly because it also ties in with the holy theme that Oda's going with re. Imu.
That's stupid lol. So he just doesn't know what Godhead means and he was going through a thesaurus lol