Spoiler One Piece Chapter 981 Spoilers Discussion

When will The BMP enter Wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Marco teaming against Yonko, not King... when I state Marco vs King, it's just my fear kicking in that Oda doesn't intend to give the SHs crew an extreme high diff fight against YC, because regardless of what we want or not want... Marco and King do share BIG similarities to be a match up

But it's not what I desire
But Marco would need to fight someone before the Yonko for that idea mate .

"..Oda doesn't intend to give the SHs crew an extreme high diff fight against YC..."

The peak of the Yonko saga (8+years ) which will have a confrontation against a Yonko crew and Oda will still keep the SHC from being a decent force against emperors ?
This would be so weak writing bro.

They share similarities but as I said nothing is gained in favor of Marco unless Oda makes King a low top tier or something.
(So Marco can grow to fight a Yonko )

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
One problem I have with Marco vs King is that King has had very little onscreen presence so far. Considering he's Kaido's strongest subordinate we know of, it's reasonable to suspect he's being saved for a larger purpose just like every other top pirate subordinate until now.

I find it hard to believe King is being saved just so he can fight a tertiary character like Marco. Would Oda devote that much time to Marco vs King? Especially with how many characters he has to juggle. It sounds like a fight ready to be off-paneled.

A clash is certainly possible, but for King to be beaten by Marco seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Zoro vs Daz and Zoro vs Kaku what they had in common was they were far superior to zoro during the fight until the last moment where Zoro unlocks a new ability. Who's Who forsure aint doing that but King will hence another argument on why Zoro will face King IMO

So explain to me how it makes sense for Law to beat a commander when we've seen the upper limit of his strength (wasn't good enough to get past Doffy)? At least with the likes of Luffy, Zoro, even Sanji, Oda gave them all powerups and we've actually seen how they've gotten stronger. If Zoro solos a commander, Oda has the benefit of the fact he hasn't shown Zoro's upper limit AND he gave him a powerup to compensate for his lack of challenging fights thus far.
Lmao because we haven’t seen the upper limit of his strength? Again, he spent the entire day 2v1 against Doflamingo, and put him on the ground but for an emergency surgery on Doflamingo’s part. To say that he couldn’t get past Doflamingo is stupid, especially after having to fend him off and an admiral, and one of his executives at the same time as Doflamingo. Luffy struggled with Doflamingo until he went Gear 4, and that’s with the benefit of not having to fight Doflamingo alongside another opponent.

This is such an absurd line of thought, given how it’s been stated that they all get stronger island to island. Luffy is going to get stronger, but his rivals are going to stay in the exact same place forever and never grow stronger. Get out of here.

The part about Zoro’s “upper limit” is just some fanboy reasoning to try and overrate him, as if we’ve needed to see it to know exactly where he is. He struggled against Hawkins and Killer and Gyukimaru in this arc alone, but we need to see his “upper limit” to tell exactly where he is, like we couldn’t ever tell. Zoro would have gotten destroyed on Dressrosa had he fought Doflamingo. He’s a good distance behind Luffy which means he’s a sizable distance between Law and Kid. So no, we don’t need to see his “upper limit” and we Oda wouldn’t need an excuse like that because it doesn’t matter.
And they weren't portrayed as rivals. It was a throwback to the Auction house days. It just so happens that they're in an alliance and that Luffy, Kid and Law are the 3 captains.
Lol they’re not rivals, it was just a throwback to the exact time when the three of them were separated from the rest and portrayed as rivals.
Lol you compare Roger and Whitebeard to Luffy and Law. Law will never ever ever even come close to the legend that was Edward Newgate.
Funny that you have an issue on Whitebeard and Roger, and have been talking about Law not being Luffy’s rival because he isn’t strong enough when, to accept that Whitebeard was Roger’s rival, you have to come to terms with the fact that Whitebeard was implied to have been weaker than Roger and then later caught up to him in strength, as Roger beat the man that Whitebeard was subordinate to.
I don't see how Law would've beaten Cracker (his armament was hard enough to cut G4) and Katakuri would've absolutely annihilated him. If Law will be of any use against Kaido, it will be as support assisting Luffy with movement and dodging via Shambles. I highly doubt he will be doing any major damage to Kaido.
Law is only going to be a support character and won’t do any major damage to Kaido when he has an ability that acts the exact same way as an ability Luffy had to learn in order to even damage Kaido.

Law would have struggled, just as Luffy did, but let’s not pretend that his fruit isn’t strong as hell and that he wouldn’t have developed either, as Luffy did. Law couldn’t have handled Cracker with his abilities? The blind hate is fascinating.
If anyone's been portrayed as Luffy's rival, it's Kid.
Right. Alongside Law.

But Marco would need to fight someone before the Yonko for that idea mate .

"..Oda doesn't intend to give the SHs crew an extreme high diff fight against YC..."

The peak of the Yonko saga (8+years ) which will have a confrontation against a Yonko crew and Oda will still keep the SHC from being a decent force against emperors ?
This would be so weak writing bro.

They share similarities but as I said nothing is gained in favor of Marco unless Oda makes King a low top tier or something.
(So Marco can grow to fight a Yonko )
Why would Marco need to do that to face a yonko?

The dude got his ass beat by BB, but he still got the recognition to be a Yonko after that win... Marco has been in fight higher than YFM level, tell me who would he fight here from enemy side that allows him to bridge against Yonko

During Punk Hazard & Dressrosa Arc, Law was more relevant than Sanji & co

Capone was just as relevant as Sanji during Sanji's year

So far in Wano, Supernovas were dozens of times more relevant than strawhats

During Onigashima invasion I can't even remember seeing Usopp, for example

Wano War matchups don't give priority to strawhats, they give priority to supernovas because they represent the best fighters of the new gen, non essential strawhats are just there to offer support, don't matter if they're part of main character's crew

S

SinOfGreed

Law couldn’t have handled Cracker with his abilities? The blind hate is fascinating.
It's not blind hate, it's just not blind fanboying. Unlike other characters, Oda hasn't developed him like he has with other characters. I didn't say Zoro would beat Doffy nor did I imply he had a chance of doing so. But the point is Oda still gave him a power up and hasn't given him a true challenge (where he is at 100%,) so that WHEN HE DOES fight a strong enemy, it isn't like going from getting your ass kicked by Doflamingo to beating a first commander. He simply didn't give us a proper estimate for Zoro's upper limit. And the same can be said for a wide array of characters; Sanji, Jinbe, Kid, Denjiro etc. The same can't be said for Law.

Oda hasn't given that to Law. We saw his limit at Dressrosa and Oda hasn't showed us that he's powered up since then. He's one of the main characters now, so why didn't he show that? Maybe because he hasn't gotten stronger? He showed Luffy getting stronger, Zoro getting stronger and even Sanji getting stronger while Law is seemingly the same.

How the fuck is Law supposed to handle Cracker when Luffy was struggling against him? You know, Gear 4 Luffy who had just come off thrashing Doflamingo? Yeah, Law wouldn't have stood a chance against Cracker.

The gap between Luffy and Law is so astronomically big, that it would take some fairy tail bullshit to have them being somewhat close again.

I like Law but I can't stand it when people try and put him next to Luffy like they're equals. Oda's made it very clear who is the stronger out of the two, and he hasn't made the effort to make it look close either. You saying he's to Luffy what Whitebeard was to Roger is a complete joke and is completely forcing a parallel out of nothing. Like I said before, Law will never come close to the legend that was Edward Newgate.

You're more than free to like the character (as I'm sure many do) but trying to make him out to be Luffy's equal is just silly when Oda has shown us time and time and again that Luffy is levels above everyone in the alliance (barring Marco now ofc and Kid due to the Udon rivalry).
Post automatically merged:

Luffy's only true rival for the PK title is Blackbeard.
The poor supernovas can't hope to catch up with these two.
I was referring to Wano, but you're right. That being said, Kid is more of a rival to Luffy than Law ever was.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SinOfGreed

Our man is ready to take on Kaido :finally:

I'm just interested in the interaction they'll have regarding Enma. What will Kaido say when he sees the sword that managed to cut him 20 years ago?
Post automatically merged:

Some people think Zoro is close to Luffy :hihihi:
The only person in the alliance who I can safely say would be close to Luffy in terms of strength is Marco. Kid's been portrayed as such but haven't seen him do anything too crazy as of rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.