Does Coby have COC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea this is basically not worth arguing. The entire crew werent contributing to that CoC burst which stunned this guy there, it was all Shanks and it was from 1000 miles away.

There is no debate to be had after Oda drew that panel.
You're more likely to be right ngl, though there are still stones to be unturned regarding that scene
That stun is not something we ever saw with CoC, not even when fodder are subjected to it, it looked like the stun with VOAT
How did they communicate
Why did it do no damage
It is a peculiar scene that we haven't seen before

Except Garp's punch has been making the exact same sound from the first to last panel. implying it didn't get any weaker by this point since sound was how Oda represented Kuzan's power growth.
Also there's a panel with Garp beung furious about his grandson saying that he wants to be a pirate that happens after Kuzan's punch matched Garp. Meaning that happened at least 12 years ago.
Like I said, Garp 12 years ago was 66.

But maybe I'm interpreting this wrong.

Koby having CoC would be a bit weird I guess. Koby as a 16 year old was a cabin boy slave to Alvida and scared to death of showing courage. But we know those born conquerors have a rebellious and courageous character since childhood. Now that formerly 16 year old boot licker is suddenly a natural born conqueror, with that kingly Haki/ambition?
No, it wont be weird from a narrative or powerlevel perspective. He is right now the most likely candidate to get CoC.

Also, CoC is also related to exceptional willpower and kingly ambitions =>
Rayleigh's statements:
The most important information about haoshoku haki came from the dark king in chapter 597. The first thing Rayleigh says about Haoshoku, "it is the power to overwhelm -- the color of the supreme king"
Cnet128's translation is a little more clear: "This is the ability to overpower the opponent's will"

Rayleigh also said, "It can often be found in the type of people who make a name for themselves on a global scale" (cnet128's scripts)
So the next criteria can be =>
4) fame on a global scale

Chinjao and King's statements:
Chijao asked Luffy, "What king do you seek to be?"
This statement implies the CoC users are typically aiming for a title/throne. Thats why the next criteria can be =>
5) ambition to be a king

UPDATE:
In Chapter 1033, King said it again once Zoro unlocked his AdCoC:
Some scanlators were more direct with their translation. They translated, "So you also have kingly ambitions?"
People are not born with ambitions or willpower

From narrative, he is the next "hero of the marines" (I know Coby getting this title sucks, but Oda highlighted that multiple times, it is what it is). From power level perspective, he doesnt have any devil fruit, to compete with the strong devil fruit users, he needs to have AdCoC. The rule is simple, any top tier who doesnt have a devil fruit will get CoC

Status
Not open for further replies.