Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade UPDATE: Confirmed! 09/04/2024

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
Who made you the police of who gets to anticipate in a debate? Y'all were spitting something false so I debunked it. You assumed I was trying to defend Aramaki having a black blade lol
You're talking about something different than us, if you want to debate whether or not Oda approves the anime that's fine, but that's not really what the topic is about right now. Though I do think he approves the anime, because again he wouldn't just watch a whole episode but not have time to quickly critique it when he makes a message about his personal opinions on the episodes.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
No my argument is "Even if something looks black, Oda and the anime have colored them as a completely different color.", which is true, and you know it's true.
If this was the first and only sword Oda had ever drawn, sure fair game.

But it’s not, and we have literally hundreds of other silver bladed swords to see how Oda draws silver blades.

Ryokugyu’s blade looks nothing like them, and in fact looks identical to Shusui which is a canonical black blade.

I can’t tell you why Toei is the way that they are, I stopped watching the utterly unwatchable anime in the Zou arc and never looked back.

But it’s not, and we have literally hundreds of other silver bladed swords to see how Oda draws silver blades.

Ryokugyu’s blade looks nothing like them, and in fact looks identical to Shusui which is a canonical black blade.

I can’t tell you why Toei is the way that they are, I stopped watching the utterly unwatchable anime in the Zou arc and never looked back.
Some how you think Toei can make mistakes and that they're the one in the wrong but the concept of Oda making a mistake or making the blade a different color than it looks at first is baffling to you?

Let's ignore for a second what Toei did.

Do you seriously believe that a guy who was shown to mainly fight with his devil fruit, would have a black blade, while nothing in the manga confirms it, when Shanks, the closest rival to the World's Strongest Swordsman doesn't have one?

Only 2 swords were confirmed to be black so far: Yoru and Shuusui.

At least have some respect for the Swordbros.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Some how you think Toei can make mistakes and that they're the one in the wrong but the concept of Oda making a mistake or making the blade a different color than it looks at first is baffling to you?
First of all, FuckUp Animation makes mistakes all the time:

Second, if Oda made a mistake by giving Ryokugyu an obviously black blade then that’s one thing, but there is no indication of that as of now and far more likely that FuckUp Animation has simply fucked up as they’ve done literally millions of times in the past lol.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
You're talking about something different than us, if you want to debate whether or not Oda approves the anime that's fine, but that's not really what the topic is about right now. Though I do think he approves the anime, because again he wouldn't just watch a whole episode but not have time to quickly critique it when he makes a message about his personal opinions on the episodes.
Uhh....

It’s a question of whether or not Oda actually approved this, which I really, really, really don’t think he did. Imo it’s still 100% clearly a black blade in the canon manga but Oda could pull some bullshit or retcon or whatever. We’ll see.
Are you implying that Toei is completely stupid to paint a seemingly black blade "white" and that they did not consult with Oda beforehand?

So you'd rather say that Toei is stupid and does not consult Oda, instead of accepting the fact that the blade has never been confirmed to be black in the first place and Toei got rid of the doubt?

Like I said to Wiwi, cry with Oda.

Your shit is easier to debunk than usual, are you alright man?

Post automatically merged:

NAHHH ODA APPROVED THIS TOO????
IT'S SO OVER
3 of you clearly talking about whether Oda approves the anime stuff or not. I don't understand how you don't follow.

does it matter if the cartoon blade of yhis cartoon character is black or not??

Second, if Oda made a mistake by giving Ryokugyu an obviously black blade then that’s one thing, but there is no indication of that as of now and far more likely that FuckUp Animation has simply fucked up as they’ve done literally millions of times in the past lol.
Why do you care about Ryokugyu having a black blade when he has an insane devil fruit that he might have awakened?

Do you realize how irrelevant that is in the first place?

We don't even know what black blades do.

My perception of Ryokugyu doesn't change because he has a black blade or not, what bothers me is that you guys are using this to overhype him when 1/ we don't know if he has a black blade (let's ignore Toei for a second), 2/ we don't know what black blades do.

Toei didn't make these mistakes with those characters more than once, though, meanwhile they made sure to hammer in the point that Aramaki's blade was WHITE, to the point where they made that little magazine or what ever showing him with a white blade twice, and then made it white in literally every single frame he had in the anime.
And you yourself actually proved they do get some stuff right, even if said stuff seems wrong at first, i.e Queen's hair being yellow.
So yeah, for now Aramaki's blade is white, and unless Oda retcons it and makes it black in the colored manga, that's it.

Uhh....

3 of you clearly talking about whether Oda approves the anime stuff or not. I don't understand how you don't follow.
Fine, go ahead and talk about it, but in that case you still haven't countered my points.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Toei didn't make these mistakes with those characters more than once, though, meanwhile they made sure to hammer in the point that Aramaki's blade was WHITE, to the point where they made that little magazine or what ever showing him with a white blade twice, and then made it white in literally every single frame he had in the anime.
And you yourself actually proved they do get some stuff right, even if said stuff seems wrong at first, i.e Queen's hair being yellow.
So yeah, for now Aramaki's blade is white, and unless Oda retcons it and makes it black in the colored manga, that's it.

Fine, go ahead and talk about it, but in that case you still haven't countered my points.
By points are talking about Aramaki black blade?