Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much too early but Yamato would be perfect. Rebellious son of Kaido who will need a new home once Kaido is defeated. Also shares similarities to Oden.

He's strong, appears to be a good guy, doesn't have any kind of fleet to become a grand fleet member. Most likely will have some kind of backstory.

The only question is his role on the Sunny, I don't know what he would do.
Cabin boy. Seriously. Imagine he's been stuck under Kaido and at Onigashima and he has no idea what it's like to be a pirate. Imagine Luffy having a cabin boy his strength lol?

Anyway, yes, Yamato is seriously giving off Strawhat vibes in the 3 pages he's in this chapter.

- unique fighing style
- unique design so far, sans the face
- a polite/friendly personality (opposite of Kaido)
- he's been waiting for Luffy "all this time".

The dude has so much faith in Luffy that, over his Yonko father, he believed Luffy would break into Wano, be strong enough to break into Onigashima, and fatefully meet him. He may have a devil fruit (tiger Zoan or even a Logia is possibility;who knows if Oda would have him follow the trends of the other Beasts pirates.

Tbh we got Jinbe, I'm happy, but I really want Oda to complete the crew this arc. It's the culmination of the last 8-10 years of storytelling. Not only having Jinbe as the Helmsman, but Carrot as the potential lookout, and Yamato as the cabin boy (he's proclaimed to be "young" too), especially this late into the game would be a game changer and really elevate OP's main crew into a Yonko tier one.

Will Oda do 12 members? I'm not sure. Oda's love for Soccer and the number 11 apparently may or may not include Luffy either. We don't know if BB will get another crew member (including Aokiji, he does have 12 right now).

Is the 4/4/4 thing legit? If we got these 3, Vivi potentially being the 4th could in fact work in the future. Do the Vivre cards have full say on how many Strawhats are left? I don't think so tbh, leaving those gaps save for the ships would have spoiled how many crew members are left. Funny enough Vivi IS 13. If you discount the ships and the Vivre cards releases a Wano pack in the future that makes Carrot/Yamato 11/12 respectively just for their Strawhat cards, it sort of works lol.

So anyway, Jinbe, Carrot and Yamato is what I got. Carrot clearly needs more focus this arc, Perospero is at Wano. Whether or not she could do anything to him is up to Oda, but she does have a personal reason to grow this arc. Jinbe is a given, he will get his moments. But pay attention to Yamato. If he has a super unique fruit, his backstory is really important/sad, and if he had a personal connection to Ace while at Wano, then we really might be witnessing another strawhat in the making.

Yamato for the next nakama.
Reasons:
1. Unique weapon and fighting style.
2. Having a son of a Yonko as a crewmate is a the Step up from Shichibukai crewmate, Jinbe.
3. Yamato's dialogue that he has been waiting for Luffy is similar to Oden's dialogue for WB.
4. Every major crew has a big member that towers over others in height like Nozdon(Roger Crew), Blenheim (WBP), Dragon tattoo guy(Shanks crew), Black Maria(Beasts pirates), Moreley(Revos), Ashura Douji (9RedScabbards) etc.

Yamato for the next nakama.
Reasons:
1. Unique weapon and fighting style.
2. Having a son of a Yonko as a crewmate is a the Step up from Shichibukai crewmate, Jinbe.
3. Yamato's dialogue that he has been waiting for Luffy is similar to Oden's dialogue for WB.
4. Every major crew has a big member that towers over others in height like Nozdon(Roger Crew), Blenheim (WBP), Dragon tattoo guy(Shanks crew), Black Maria(Beasts pirates), Moreley(Revos), Ashura Douji (9RedScabbards) etc.
No trying to knock the last point but Yamato is pretty much Jinbe/Franky/Brook height lol, maybe a bit bigger

Yamato's obviously going to be one of the main characters of Wano/Onigashima, but there's nothing yet that implies he's going to do anything after this arc. Because he's barely done anything. Give the guy about ten chapters, then we'll see whether he can be talked about as a potential Strawhat or just another big ally like Carrot.

Couldn't help myself there.

Yamato's obviously going to be one of the main characters of Wano/Onigashima, but there's nothing yet that implies he's going to do anything after this arc. Because he's barely done anything. Give the guy about ten chapters, then we'll see whether he can be talked about as a potential Strawhat or just another big ally like Carrot.

Couldn't help myself there.
True, but you cannot blame fans being too hyped with someone this strong yet “good” and let’s not forget any new character is a potential SH in this community lol

Status
Not open for further replies.