Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think any more new members are joining. Jinbei will be the last one, but even with Jinbei I feel like there's a death flag on him and we might see him sacrifice himself for Luffy by the end of Wano
Luffy said he wanted 10 people, the count doesn't include him. When you read the chapter titles of members who join/re-join it confirms this.

Jinbe would be consider "The 9th" so its assumed we're gonna get "the 10th" following him, since Luffy himself said he wanted 10 people. The count doesn't include himself.

Copypasting this from another thread. But these are my ideas.

The remaining Whitebeard Pirates, Kuja Tribe (due to the island no longer being protected), Perona, Bon Clay with the Newkama (They will find their way out somehow), and Sky Folk (The Shandarians and Skypeians would be interested in checking the Blue Sea one day. Gan Fall will probably remain as God and not leave the island) join the Strawhat fleet. I would also say the Galley La Company and Franky Family if not for the fact that they are a business first and explorers last.

Vivi rejoins the Strawhats with nowhere else to go (due to Imu being on her tail)

Someone else inherits the Snow Snow Fruit, Calm Calm Fruit, and Sala-Sala Fruit, Model: Axolotl (if the anime filler of the fruit being killed by the poison isn't canon).

The Strawhats will gain more territories to protect (Dressrosa, Alabasta, Shandaria, Drum Kingdom, Wano, etc)

The Sunny will get a final upgrade that will be stronger than it was since Water 7. Now is the time for Franky to really improve the ship for the final war.

The Strawhats will get a final 3 crew members after Jimbe. Then that should put them on the same level as the Whitebeard Pirates. At the same time, I see Blackbeard recruiting more members in addition to their newest member Kuzan.

My gosh. I didn't realize people actually still think Jinbei is going to die. They were so disappointed he didn't die in WCI that they assumed he'd die off screen before Wano. Now that he's the official 9th Strawhat he's still going to die? What exactly is this big "death flag" for Jinbei now? Nothing has implied he's in danger. Just accept it. Jinbei is a Strawhat and always will be.

Don't speak for everyone. People wanted Momo or Tama to join despite them being children under the excuse that they could be apprentices and lacking any semblance of combat ability.
I know, they need to stay in Wano. Also, I can imagine them getting married.

My gosh. I didn't realize people actually still think Jinbei is going to die. They were so disappointed he didn't die in WCI that they assumed he'd die off screen before Wano. Now that he's the official 9th Strawhat he's still going to die? What exactly is this big "death flag" for Jinbei now? Nothing has implied he's in danger. Just accept it. Jinbei is a Strawhat and always will be.
I accept him and Carrot will join.

Jinbei is actually very important to the story. It has been shown multiple times that the fishmen are being the most discriminated race in op world. So, having him joining the pirate King crew, the same crew that will topple the power of the world government, and then break the discrimination by doing that, will put a very strong message delivered by Oda for anyone who read the manga. So I'm afraid he won't die.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Jinbei is actually very important to the story. It has been shown multiple times that the fishmen are being the most discriminated race in op world. So, having him joining the pirate King crew, the same crew that will topple the power of the world government, and then break the discrimination by doing that, will put a very strong message delivered by Oda for anyone who read the manga. So I'm afraid he won't die.
Never understood why some fans INSIST he’s slated to die...while it’s not impossible, it would be a monumental dick move for Oda to tease Jinbe as a Straw Hat for so many years just to kill him off right away. This is a story where wildly unimportant side characters like Pell and Pound should be dead but have somehow escaped their mortality; the author isn’t going to murder a protagonist this late in the game.

Never understood why some fans INSIST he’s slated to die...while it’s not impossible, it would be a monumental dick move for Oda to tease Jinbe as a Straw Hat for so many years just to kill him off right away. This is a story where wildly unimportant side characters like Pell and Pound should be dead but have somehow escaped their mortality; the author isn’t going to murder a protagonist this late in the game.
Agreed. As far as I remember, he is the only strawhats that have a far less selfish dream than any other strawhats. Which is for the sake of his race. while other strawhats are more to their self achievement. And even if he eventually die, it has to have a huge impact to the series like to save his homeland for example. Otherwise it will be a very bad writing by Oda.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Agreed. As far as I remember, he is the only strawhats that have a far less selfish dream than any other strawhats. Which is for the sake of his race. while other strawhats are more to their self achievement. And even if he eventually die, it has to have a huge impact to the series like to save his homeland for example. Otherwise it will be a very bad writing by Oda.
I never thought about that part of it...his mission is possibly the only real noble one on the whole crew (Chopper being the lone exception), preventing him from achieving it would be especially cruel.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
look i don’t think jimbei is going to die and i don’t think he will but even if he dies his dream of the fishmen living peacefully above the water won’t die with him that’s only if jimbei’s dream excludes jimbei seeing it himself
True, but within the context of the story, do we know any other fishmen who aren’t separatists? The reason Jinbe’s dream (that he inherited from Otohime who isn’t around to do anything now) is so radical is that so few of his people agree with the sentiment. The royals can have their island brought to the surface, but all the citizens therein are still pretty prejudiced against most humans, and with good reason. If Jinbe passes, who picks up his mantle and fights for racial equality?

Status
Not open for further replies.