Character Discussion Anybody else disappointed with Kuma's reveal?

There were all these theories about Kuma being a secret spy or being an indoctrinated slave for the greater good surrounding his cyborgification to the World Government.

But, nope. I want to save my le daughter from harm, so I agree, big bad Elders.

It's so boring and uninspired, especially when you consider the build-up that started since Sabaody.

A tad bit disappointed for sure. I personally thought, up until the moment it was revelaed, that it wasn't entirely about Bonney, but some bigger altruistic goal he had or purpose he could fulfill.

I guess for such a long mystery the expectations for it were blown up a little too much. It doesnt damage his character though, the FB is pretty much what ive wanted from him anyway otherwise.

There were all these theories about Kuma being a secret spy or being an indoctrinated slave for the greater good surrounding his cyborgification to the World Government.

It's so boring and uninspired, especially when you consider the build-up that started since Sabaody.
"Since Sabaody"

Already disregarded cause the build up began in Thriller Bark.

Nope just because the theories about Kuma were wrong doesn't make this reveal bad.

This whole Kuma reveal was really great and there is nothing wrong about a character wanting to save his daughter.

Ever since it was revealed that Bonney was somehow connected to Kuma and after the reveal that Kuma was Bonney's father, it was obvious that Kuma's backstory and how he ended up in his current situation would heavily involve Bonney.

To me it's better than the secret spy theory or the indoctrinated slave one. Far better.

Last edited:
Oh so personal headcannon not coming true makes it boring? Lol, mate. This is as good as it comes and the majority have found it good. I personally got every answer I had re Kuma answered so I have no complaints?
I'm fine with head canon being disproven, but only when the answer that comes isn't by the numbers and utterly boring. Tell me, what's satisfying to you about what we got?

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
A tad bit disappointed for sure. I personally thought, up until the moment it was revelaed, that it wasn't entirely about Bonney, but some bigger altruistic goal he had or purpose he could fulfill.

I guess for such a long mystery the expectations for it were blown up a little too much. It doesnt damage his character though, the FB is pretty much what ive wanted from him anyway otherwise.
He has