Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
You are right.
Unfortunately a lot of Zoro fans do not care of his involvement in the story as long as he has epic feats.
Oda seems to have understand that and treats Zoro exactly like those Zoro fans wants : little to no involvement in the plot and epic feat here and there.

It is quite sad, but it is what it is.
It's not only fights or feats specially this arc however I see your point but is not because "understood" that is because of how bad this show has become because it's only nika that's it the only thing he cares currently over here over there even in elbaf will have nika again but this also affects others characters the strawh in general not only zoro
Actually, there are two reasons.

First, now everything is about luffy. Others have taken a back seat when it comes to the plot.

Second, oda is going with Zoro's role. His role has always been to fight and that's what oda only cares about. But at the same time oda doesn't wanna clown him either so he keeps him sideline as well.

Just take egghead....Nika BS throughout the arc...and, when others were getting rekt by Saturn, Zoro was the only one kept away.

His fight with Lucci is nothing much but oda's way to keep him away from Saturn and kiz for time being.

Heck, all this weez was deliberately done by oda - because he needs to show that lucci has stalled zoro and fight is going for half n hour but at the same time he made zoro used 2 swords with no koh or adcoc to make it clear where zoro stands
First point correct
Second point wrong zoro role is not fighting Zoro's role is stand up for the crew you've seen that this arc why he is fighting lucci?zoro talks in name of the crew "you understimated us" remember wano with x drake
Luffy was yeah lol you can join us zoro no you dummy how you are going to let someone join without a reason luffy let's go to marijois zoro you are going to put the crew in a danger also here why do you think loda make lucci says the crew is bunch of idiots and this in front of zoro ah that's why if you look it closely it isn't that bad because this is Zoro's role in the crew not only fighting
I do not care about other characters tho.
But you are right, it seems that nothing can happen in the story without Luffy involvement which is detrimental to the others characters.
The Strawhats seems to have become a nuisance to Oda.

But all that does not stop the Zoro fans to not be good with it. I mean, we should have higher expectations for Zoro and held Oda to higher standard concerning his writing of the character.
Post automatically merged:

It is not a good excuse. I mean, a character popularity should not affect his writing. The writing should make sense and respect the character.
Which is not the case since the return of the timeskip.

There several ways to make Zoro part of the bigger plot while making him not meet the big bad.

My issue is that there are clever ways to sidelines Zoro. Furthermore Zoro could be sideline while being impactful on the plot.

For example, rather than have Zoro fight Lucci (which add nothing to the plot or the characters -I hope I’m wrong tho…-):
-make Zoro uses his leadership to help the Strawhats establish an escape plan
-make Zoro help Franky seek informations about vegapunk’s work that could help enhance the Sunny (which could lead to a good character moment between the two)
-make Zoro seeks informations about the black blade/sword grades in Vegapunk documents.

One of this or three at once, I don’t know but make the character’s actions move the plot forward or, at least, makes him have impactful and meaningful interactions with the world around him.
Yes I see your point deal here is zoro opponent is awaken zoan remember impel down anormal resistance imposible to take them down and zoro his human but yeah we should have got more plots not only for him but also for the rest of the crew that are not doing anything defeat lucci and doing something else later that doesn't have to be fighting but when loda goes on nika he can't do other things we've also seen this at the beginning of the arc at his fight with lucci

Point is don't think loda hates zoro or you guys gave up on him it's just loda with his pirate jesus unhealty obsession that has gone out of control

I just read the spoilers for the new chapter... I must admit that unlike most people here i like Sanji and if I can't have a good chapter with Zoro i usually root for the other straw hats. What's going on in this manga lately is crazy. Oda makes that every character except Goofy looks bad. Sanji, after a pretty cool moment in the previous chapter, what does he do in the next one? He fucking runs away so that Condom can shine against two top tiers...

Please tell me guys that i am not the only one who back in the days liked Luffy but now after 5 years of constat Durex wank i despise his character?This Nika shit ruined this manga for me.

Sorry for my broken english.

I just read the spoilers for the new chapter... I must admit that unlike most people here i like Sanji and if I can't have a good chapter with Zoro i usually root for the other straw hats. What's going on in this manga lately is crazy. Oda makes that every character except Goofy looks bad. Sanji, after a pretty cool moment in the previous chapter, what does he do in the next one? He fucking runs away so that Condom can shine against two top tiers...

Please tell me guys that i am not the only one who back in the days liked Luffy but now after 5 years of constat Durex wank i despise his character?This Nika shit ruined this manga for me.

Sorry for my broken english.
While I do agree with you that is crazy how poorly Oda is handling the Straw Hat giving moments to shine only to Luffy, Sanji (while having his bad moments) is not the case. In the last 8 years Sanji has been the most blessed character by Oda right after Luffy, he has an arc in which he is the protagonist alongside Luffy and plenty of panels and importance both in Wano and now in Egghead. And it doesn't even makes sense considering he is the fifth member and narratively has never been much relevant before wci.

Last edited:
@MihawkCFC you shouldn't post spoilers in other threads before the chapter is out.

But yeah, the overwank of Goofy is getting ridiculous. I always hated when the Mangaka focused only on the MC and sidelines everyone else. It's just extremely boring and repetetive.
Back in the day it wasn't that bad, other SH's even had their own adventures sometimes, like Zoro vs the 100 Bounty hunters or Sanji infiltrating the train to EL. etc.
But now, i don't think anybody would honestly expect anything similiar to happen for the SH's not called Goofy.

@MihawkCFC you shouldn't post spoilers in other threads before the chapter is out.

But yeah, the overwank of Goofy is getting ridiculous. I always hated when the Mangaka focused only on the MC and sidelines everyone else. It's just extremely boring and repetetive.
Back in the day it wasn't that bad, other SH's even had their own adventures sometimes, like Zoro vs the 100 Bounty hunters or Sanji infiltrating the train to EL. etc.
But now, i don't think anybody would honestly expect anything similiar to happen for the SH's not called Goofy.
We been saying this :kuzanshut:
Compare the quality of the art when luffy fights and the amount of panels he gets to zoro or sanji
Zoro vs king looked like oda didnt even care about the art and rushed af

The overwank of Luffy is getting ridicouous, but is not true that the other Straw hats arent getting their own adventures, not for Sanji.
Sanji has had his own adventures in Wci and in Wano when he tried his germa suit for the first time to sneak in the bath and then fight that guy of the Flying Six.
Zoro also in Wano had his own adventure in his Ebisu Town arc. Thats when I thought Zoro was going to have a protagonist role in Wano in a similiar way as Sanji in Wci.
And not only I, or we, everyone! From the readers to the vendors. Wano was presented as the arc of Luffy AND Zoro! The comic store near my house still has the cardboard figures of Zoro and Luffy dressed as samurais holding crossed katanas standing near to decorate the shelf of the One piece volumes.
But no Zoro does not deserve that, after all he is just the guy who has been around the longest in the protagonist crew...
After the Nika shit incident and that fiesta of Wano ending everything start falling apart completely.

Sorry I ended up complaining at how Wano ended up again, almost two years has passed and I still haven't recovered yet. :(
Remember that stupid useless panel of Zoro meeting the grim reaper? Fuck sake we were teased until the end for nothing!

Last edited:
Sanji has had his own adventures in Wci and in Wano when he tried his germa suit for the first time to sneak in the bath and then fight that guy of the Flying Six.
I don't really count sneaking into the bathroom as an adventure lmao
Sneaking into the bathroom was merely a joke and lasted like 2 panels to save Nami, Robin etc.
And fighting Page One was offscreened and i mean that it's also not really an adventure, just a small fight in between.

WCI was Sanji's Arc and he had alot of focus, but alot of things there were questionable and also what it lead to later in the story. I am not gonna go into detail here.
But even in an Arc that was meant to be Sanji's Arc, Goofy had to overshadow him. And i am not saying Sanji had to beat the Big Bad Guy, but Luffy didn't defeat just one, but 2 Big Bad Guys, while Sanji didn't get a single fight. I mean that is just absolutely ridiculous.
Zoro also in Wano had his own adventure in his Ebisu Town arc. Thats when I thought Zoro was going to have a protagonist role in Wano in a similiar way as Sanji in Wci.
That is more of an adventure, it just didn't really lead to alot of things that it was pointing at. Zoro met the Afro guy (forgot his name), who got killed by Orochi, Zoro wanted revenge and kill Orochi - which got thrown into the bin right after. Zoro never even saw him again nor was it even brought up. Or his wish to visit Ryuuma's grave, didn't happen either.

That is also something that keeps happening more and more now, that Oda keeps teasing something, but never delivers it. He just acts like it never happen.

We been saying this :kuzanshut:
Compare the quality of the art when luffy fights and the amount of panels he gets to zoro or sanji
Zoro vs king looked like oda didnt even care about the art and rushed af
The quality in general got so ass - some panel look like quick sketches and on others it's hard to even tell what you are looking at...

Sneaking into the bathroom was merely a joke and lasted like 2 panels to save Nami, Robin etc.
And fighting Page One was offscreened and i mean that it's also not really an adventure, just a small fight in between.

WCI was Sanji's Arc and he had alot of focus, but alot of things there were questionable and also what it lead to later in the story. I am not gonna go into detail here.
But even in an Arc that was meant to be Sanji's Arc, Goofy had to overshadow him. And i am not saying Sanji had to beat the Big Bad Guy, but Luffy didn't defeat just one, but 2 Big Bad Guys, while Sanji didn't get a single fight. I mean that is just absolutely ridiculous.

That is more of an adventure, it just didn't really lead to alot of things that it was pointing at. Zoro met the Afro guy (forgot his name), who got killed by Orochi, Zoro wanted revenge and kill Orochi - which got thrown into the bin right after. Zoro never even saw him again nor was it even brought up. Or his wish to visit Ryuuma's grave, didn't happen either.

That is also something that keeps happening more and more now, that Oda keeps teasing something, but never delivers it. He just acts like it never happen.

The quality in general got so ass - some panel look like quick sketches and on others it's hard to even tell what you are looking at...
Luffy s panels and spreads always looked miles better than zoro s and sanji s even with this art

And not only I, or we, everyone! From the readers to the vendors. Wano was presented as the arc of Luffy AND Zoro! The comic store near my house still has the cardboard figures of Zoro and Luffy dressed as samurais holding crossed katanas standing near to decorate the shelf of the One piece volumes.
But no Zoro does not deserve that, after all he is just the guy who has been around the longest in the protagonist crew...
After the Nika shit incident and that fiesta of Wano ending everything start falling apart completely.

Sorry I ended up complaining at how Wano ended up again, almost two years has passed and I still haven't recovered yet. :(
Remember that stupid useless panel of Zoro meeting the grim reaper? Fuck sake we were teased until the end for nothing!
You took the words out of my mouth

But when you count Sanji sneaking into the train and defeating the cook of the cp-0 as an adventure, so is he testing the powers of his suit, which included not only fighting with Drake and beating the other guy of the Flying Six, but also sneaking into the baths of women, cause thats part of the suit powers and that is also part of the character that Sanji is.
Yup the quality has been down bad, not only of drawing and the writing of the arc and develop of the plot points but I also feel like the writing of the dialogues between the characters is at his lowest, I feel that the dialogues are the most surrealistic they've ever been.

Oh i also forgot about the Kitetsu that Tengu had. Zoro was asking to take a look at it, while Goofy had it and what happened with it? Nothing lol
What was even the point of bringing it into the story when it didn't lead to anything? Was the perfect moment to switch it for the Kitetsu of the 3rd grade, but nah
The more you look deep into it, the more you realize Wano is a complete mess full of plotholes and never developed subplotlines. Complete garbage and a great example of how not to write a story.
There are even people who dares to say that the weekly chapter reading makes the story look worse that what it actually is. There is nothing more untrue than that and it's literally the other way around: thanks to the weekly reading months and year passes between the start of an arc and its conclusion, and readers are more likely to accept or forget about an unexplained detail or a subplot that did not lead to anywhere.

Last edited:
But when you count Sanji sneaking into the train and defeating the cook of the cp-0 as an adventure, so is he testing the powers of his suit, which included not only scrimming with Drake and beating the other guy of the Flying Six, but also sneaking into the baths of women, cause this is part of the character that Sanji is.
The train was a whole mission Sanji went into, with the main goal being the Rescue of Robin. It took several chapters.

The bath scene was literaly a few panels and mainly used as a joke. And the off screened fight against P1 took also just a few pages. It's more of an side skirmish than anything.

The more you look deep into it, the more you realize Wano is a complete mess full of plotholes and never developed subplotlines.
There are even people who dare to say that the weekly chapter reading makes the story look worse that what it actually is. There is nothing more untrue than that. Weekly reading is what allows Oda to constantly not develop details and subplots he prepared earlier, cause the readers with all the months and years that passes between the start of an arc and its conclusion forget or start to not care to all the details they've read so much time before and they subconsciously forgive the author of these shortcomings.
Reading it weekly has his pros and cons.
You for one notice and remember more details.

OP is the manga i remember the most details off, because i am following it week for week for a long time and i discuss it the most aswell. As for example Bleach, that i read about 1 or 2 years ago, i could read several chapters in one go, but because of that i don't remember all the details anymore, because i didn't give it too much thought or time to sink in.

But on the other hand, because you read it week for week, you spend more time discussing and analysing stuff, that leads to the fact, that you gonna notice plotholes and just bad writing in general, as someone who reads multiple chapters in a row - which can lead to it being less enjoyable.

I thing anime only watchers are someway similiar to people that are ''speed reading'' manga's. Even though they are watching it weekly they often forget stuff that happened very recently, because they are not really able to focus on the story writing because of so many things happening in a short time. So they don't get enough time to really process everything that is happening and often don't notice inconsistencies or bad writing.

The train was a whole mission Sanji went into, with the main goal being the Rescue of Robin. It took several chapters.

The bath scene was literaly a few panels and mainly used as a joke. And the off screened fight against P1 took also just a few pages. It's more of an side skirmish than anything.
In Wano there were tons of characters involved so ofc Oda could spare less pages for Sanji compared to EL. He didnt even had to spare panels for the sole Sanji after he just finished Wci but he did It regardless. His fight with Queen was also great and had plenty of character moments.
I dont think Sanji in Wano was done dirty by Oda, at all.

Reading it weekly has his pros and cons.
You for one notice and remember more details.

OP is the manga i remember the most details off, because i am following it week for week for a long time and i discuss it the most aswell. As for example Bleach, that i read about 1 or 2 years ago, i could read several chapters in one go, but because of that i don't remember all the details anymore, because i didn't give it too much thought or time to sink in.

But on the other hand, because you read it week for week, you spend more time discussing and analysing stuff, that leads to the fact, that you gonna notice plotholes and just bad writing in general, as someone who reads multiple chapters in a row - which can lead to it being less enjoyable.

I thing anime only watchers are someway similiar to people that are ''speed reading'' manga's. Even though they are watching it weekly they often forget stuff that happened very recently, because they are not really able to focus on the story writing because of so many things happening in a short time. So they don't get enough time to really process everything that is happening and often don't notice inconsistencies or bad writing.
I see it differently.
Only by reading a story "in one go" you can analize subconsciously its overall narrative consistency.
The fact that you can spend more times in analize a single chapter due to weekly reading its your own factor based on your passion. Most of people read the chapter and for the rest of the week are done with One Piece.
Its a very simple story, as much as you can brainstorm into it, you dont need to analyze it deeply to realize that some details like the past presence of Ace in Wano, Yamato's saviour looking exactly like Zoro, Yamato's existence, "Ryuma was a one eyed samurai", the Grim Reaper appearing, Zounisha arrival, Marco sending a misterious letter (i feel like we can go on forever) are totally pointless waste of pages, mostly fan service moments with the purpose to tease the reader into wanting to know further and read the next upcoming chapters of the story that did not lead to anything.
Reading it weekly makes the casual reader forget all the details he encountered and that will never be touched again, and will feel like he is reading something coherent. Will feel amazed week by week by these fan service moments that lead to nothing. When he will read it back he will simply appreciate the fact that he can now read the arc in its integrity without caring too much in details he already encountered, and will scream THANK YOU GODA.

This at least is my theory to explain why so many people are praising this total mess and asswriting fiesta that these latest arc have been...

I've had a similiar experience myself.
Only by rereading Wci (while flawed, a much more consistent arc than Wano) in its integrity after reading it weekly I realized that the turning point of the arc its fucking Pudding for absolutely no reason in hell confessing to an imprisoned Reiju the plan of big mom of betraying the vinsmoke family at the wedding and also with the occasion confess that she doesn't love sanji and that she made a fool of him. All of this ofc while Sanji is convinently listening at the window.
This is not a plothole, or anything, but how is it possible that this Mickey Mouse level gimmick is the best Oda and his editors could come up with to turn the events of an entire arc?
Pretty disappointing, but by reading it weekly I didnt realize of stupid and shallow the turning tide event of the arc is.
Without having at hand the great scheme of the arc in its integrity I did not realize of how really crucial that moment was, in constrast to how stupidly it was designed by its author.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing, but by reading it weekly I didnt realize of stupid and shallow the turning tide event of the arc is.
I remember it very well when the chapter came out and how people were criticizing this scene, because of how conveniently stupid it was.
Or like when Sanji left his room and a Guard - seeing that Sanji was not in his room and realized that he is gonna be in trouble, randomly decides to take a nap in Sanji's bed - just perfectly convenient, because shortly after another guy looked inside and saw the guard sleeping in Sanji's bed, thinking it was Sanji...like wtf???
Or Brule being always in the perfect spot at the perfect time for people to take advantage or here.
WCI was full of this shit.

But yeah, everybody is different how they process things.