Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the biggest factor here, is her appearance. It's not that Oda is incapable of making distinct female appearances, but more so that due to time constraints he sticks what he is good at. I feel like if his intentions were to make it so Yamato joins the crew, then he would have taken that extra time to diversify her face so she doesn't look like Nami, Rebecca, Vivi, Shirahoshi... etc...etc.. but with horns.

But who knows, maybe Oda just really liked the design, and wanted to keep it simplistic, and like @Garp the Fist said, if he keeps the mask as part of her shtick, then it could work.

:lusalty:
It's not like Oda can't change/tweek/Refine it a bit more, imo. Two panels of her face and she looked different in both. The bottom of her face reminded me of Monet, and the other full view face gave a more distinct design. She's not that similar to Nami not a 1 to 1 ratio.
Post automatically merged:

That's what I'm saying. "Going on an adventure", not a dream. Focus on the freeing of Wano and making that something that actually requires joining the Pirate Kings crew, actually a dream.
Carrot supporters "Her dream is to go on adventure, So she will join and have lots of adventures."
Carrot supporters "Yamato can't join if her dream is just to go on an adventure, She should stay in Wano."

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Meh I'm not convinced yet. What's going to happen when she finds out Momo and the Scabbards are alive? Will she continue to be the sole bearer of Oden's dream and not share the journal, or will she pass that information to the rightful heir of Kozuki clan? Will she take over as the leader of the BPs? After the borders are open whats next, sail away with the SHs? At this point in time I'm leaning towards no, but who knows what Oda will pull out of his hat.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yamato just follows the standard pattern of the fanbase....a new character gets introduced and people say that character is special and different from the other failed candidates. Rince and repeat. Like the others, Yamato has nothing going for her other than the subjective "she'll fit in perfectly!" like the others. She has less going for her than Carrot which is a pretty high bar to jump.

Yamato just follows the standard pattern of the fanbase....a new character gets introduced and people say that character is special and different from the other failed candidates. Rince and repeat. Like the others, Yamato has nothing going for her other than the subjective "she'll fit in perfectly!" like the others. She has less going for her than Carrot which is a pretty high bar to jump.
Are you being sarcastic? :choppawhat:

Eh, Carrot and Yamato are on completely different levels.

Others so far have zero, personal relevance to the crew

In 2 chapters, Yamato reveals she knows Ace, is Odens living will, and has been waiting to meet Luffy for years at this point. She has no ties to Wano other than being related to its oppressor.

Carrot is the most recognizable and featured mink, even MORE than the "leader" minks whom are central to the last 200 chapters of plot. She has more paneling than any one of them. She also had a will passed onto her from a character who quite literally wanted to sail with the pirate King.

There are no other characters like these 2. Not Wiper, Paulie, Kyros, Rebecca, Ulti, Perona, Monet, Kinemon or Momo Etc, etc,etc

The only exception is Vivi, being super close to the strawhats, whilst having a unique fighting style and tragedy. Hell, it even might get worse if hee father actually died, prompting her to find Luffy again.

What are you even trying to say, You are speaking nonsense? Give some context when you reply.
Are you saying it's racist for them to be in the GF? Or It doesn't mean much for them to even be in the GF....:choppawhat::choppawhat::choppawhat:
Referring to Carrot and the minks is racist and I’m saying the GF is useless to the end game. They’ll just come at EoS and fight some low level Marines and Pirates no one in it is valid in the future or at the moment. :kizabat: Their just scrubs wanting to be someone :usosmug:

I feel a strong possibility for her joining but at the same time I do believe in pattern, especially the alphabet one. Sorry about that mate :(
But if somehow later she will be called with different name (like Franky instead of Cutty Flam for example) so that she can fit in the pattern or if Oda suddenly decide to break those patterns then yes she is in.
For now I'd say she has 65-70% of joining.

Referring to Carrot and the minks is racist and I’m saying the GF is useless to the end game. They’ll just come at EoS and fight some low level Marines and Pirates no one in it is valid in the future or at the moment. :kizabat: Their just scrubs wanting to be someone :usosmug:
They are Minks, That's not racist. Calling them animals would be racist, But they are essentially that.
Carrot doesn't have enough going for her to be considered a Main Cast character.

Wow, Yamato's here and almost everyone is on the nakama bandwagon again. I don't blame them though. She has only been here two chapters and already better than cardboard carrot in the personality department. So props to her. If Oda wants her for nakama, I wouldn't have any qualms about it. However my bet is still on ol' Water-Loo on having the highest potential for nakama unless Oda offs him (pfft, Oda can't even kill Pound off... what am I saying). Ulti's nice too, but she's a villain with no signs of remorse. Well, anyways good luck Yamato. I'll root for you!
:cheers:

You know I meant to delete this account. I guess the admin never got around to it. I can't blame them; they probably got their hands full here.

Status
Not open for further replies.